Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not a bad paper today!

I did scenario one:

01) I discussed basic theft, blackmail and the possible defence of intoxication
    02) I discussed Fraud by false representation, Basic Criminal damage, Aggravated criminal damage and then Burglary under section 9 (1)(b)..

Anyone else get that for question 2?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still confused on how to get an A* I've got 67 ums which was a C, 81 which was an A and 90 which was an A, does that mean I won't be able to get an A* because of the C at AS

So confused

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalFrission)
    yepp hopefully. I didn't do this ques well cause I was really tired after doing the first one and then the morality. did this one last. so I did do it that well. what subjects u chose for alevel??
    I'm sure you will have done fine I was so glad morality came up. I did Law, History, English Language and Literature and Business. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 52807)
    I'm still confused on how to get an A* I've got 67 ums which was a C, 81 which was an A and 90 which was an A, does that mean I won't be able to get an A* because of the C at AS

So confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To get an A* you must get at least 320UMS and average 90% in Unit 3 and Unit 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicalouisee_)
    I got exactly that aswell .... For theft in first q did anyone else mention it would only be theft of the paper and not the actual content?? (Oxford v Moss)
    Yeah I mentioned Oxford vs Moss.

Went well I thought, Scenario 1 for the Property offences and Fault for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inspired23)
    Not a bad paper today!

I did scenario one:

02) I discussed Fraud by false representation, Basic Criminal damage, Aggravated criminal damage and then Burglary under section 9 (1)(b)..

I did scenario 2, looking back I probably should have done the first one. But glad morals came up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inspired23)
    Not a bad paper today!

I did scenario one:

Yeah did exactly the same but I also mentioned Burglary s91b as well as 91a purely so I could just cover both sections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMee9)
    Yeah I mentioned Oxford vs Moss.

Went well I thought, Scenario 1 for the Property offences and Fault for me.
    Oh good I only noticed half way through my theft answer so just chucked it in there. Yeah though it was quite nice was so rushed for time though so I hope I've done enough ... I did Judicial Creativity under Section C and I didn't quite finish that either even though I did it first but was trying to stick to my time limits so I could cover everything

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Can someone please help me out here, I'm really, really worried I thought I had done really well until I read this thread as I have missed out burglary in scenario 2 - it never even occurred to me, I suppose that's what sleep deprivation does to you Apart from missing out burglary for the first question of scenario 2 I felt like I wrote about theft, robbery and duress really well, but theft and robbery would be 'one potential content' and duress would be another, so I have totally missed out 1/3 potential content (burglary)

I've just had a look at a generic mark scheme from AQA and it says two content out of 3 answered at the highest level can only gain a max of 13/25 marks?? http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-MS-JUN12.PDF I thought it would have been more like 16 as ech would be worth 8? Can someone clarify if I have bombed this question please and put me out of my misery.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    if you do both parts of burglary but it wasn't needed and you did everything can u still get full marks or will they mark you down for putting in an offence which wasn't needed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryantomo)
    if you do both parts of burglary but it wasn't needed and you did everything can u still get full marks or will they mark you down for putting in an offence which wasn't needed?
    My teacher has always said they never do negative marking as long as you've argued your point well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciclismo)
    Hi guys,

Can someone please help me out here, I'm really, really worried I thought I had done really well until I read this thread as I have missed out burglary in scenario 2 - it never even occurred to me, I suppose that's what sleep deprivation does to you Apart from missing out burglary for the first question of scenario 2 I felt like I wrote about theft, robbery and duress really well, but theft and robbery would be 'one potential content' and duress would be another, so I have totally missed out 1/3 potential content (burglary)

I've just had a look at a generic mark scheme from AQA and it says two content out of 3 answered at the highest level can only gain a max of 13/25 marks?? http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-MS-JUN12.PDF I thought it would have been more like 16 as ech would be worth 8? Can someone clarify if I have bombed this question please and put me out of my misery.

Thanks
    i did exactly the same thing, I wouldn't of had time to do it anyway, you can get more than 13 though, if duress and robbery/ theft are clear, that will be 19 marks I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomposter)
    i did exactly the same thing, I wouldn't of had time to do it anyway, you can get more than 13 though, if duress and robbery/ theft are clear, that will be 19 marks I think
    Thanks so much for the reply - I'm grateful just for that. I wish this exam had been yesterday so I could have asked my law teacher about it the next day! Damn the weekend :P It's just the mark scheme I linked to for 3 potential content was capped at 13 for only including two, and robbery and theft have always been in the same PC in previous mark schemes. It would seem pretty harsh to only give 13 for a very thorough answer that only covers 2/3 :confused: Duress takes so long to work through methodically I don't how how the rest of you guys had time to include burglary let alone notice it There again I did spend a full hour on the essay.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't a bad paper. Was happy with the concept questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnitwearJunkie)
    I said that Pam would be successful in her claim and that Jane wouldn't as she didn't fulfill the criteria needed for a secondary victim and mentioned some case examples to back it. How about you?
    I think both would not succeed in the claim, because Pam did not have the necessary ties of love and affection as she was a "friend of the family" so she would of probably only have been a bystander

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnitwearJunkie)
    I'm sure you will have done fine I was so glad morality came up. I did Law, History, English Language and Literature and Business. You?
    wow...that's gud subjects. thank you dear....hope u ace it too. I chose maths, English lang, critical thinking, law and psycho bt I dropped of maths....thank God...after the mess edexcel did yesterday....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsterAce)
    I think both would not succeed in the claim, because Pam did not have the necessary ties of love and affection as she was a "friend of the family" so she would of probably only have been a bystander
    I felt that pam would succeed in the claim....she knew alan well I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciclismo)
    Thanks so much for the reply - I'm grateful just for that. I wish this exam had been yesterday so I could have asked my law teacher about it the next day! Damn the weekend :P It's just the mark scheme I linked to for 3 potential content was capped at 13 for only including two, and robbery and theft have always been in the same PC in previous mark schemes. It would seem pretty harsh to only give 13 for a very thorough answer that only covers 2/3 :confused: Duress takes so long to work through methodically I don't how how the rest of you guys had time to include burglary let alone notice it There again I did spend a full hour on the essay.
    Noo you still look at the 3 pc, as the scenario questions are 3 pc, I doesn't matter if you didn't identify 3 offences, you still use them boundaries, the 2 pc boundaries are just for concepts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicalouisee_)
    My teacher has always said they never do negative marking as long as you've argued your point well.
    hope so....if an external examiner gets to mark your paper...then its bad

ReputationRep:
    Not an awful paper really

I did Scenario 2

Question 3:
    Theft, Robbery, Burglary (Guilty of Theft/Robbery and under both S.9 (1) and S.9 (1) (b))
    Defence of Duress - fails because it is self-induced

Question 4:
    Criminal Damage, Fraud by False Representation and Fraud by Obtaining Services dishonestly.
    I said Criminal Damage was debatable, although highly likely to fail, but he was guilty of both Fraud offences.

As for concepts, I was so wishing Justice would come up. Damn AQA - too much to hope for it being in this one as well.
    But I think I managed to pull off a reasonable Fault essay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.