Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studnetMo)
    I really suggest you contact your school/sixth form asap! They would be able to add the ukcat scores in if they haven't sent off your application already
    Ahh kay thanks!

ReputationRep:
    My sixth form told us we have to enter them on UCAS. And it makes sense seeing as there is a section for the UKCAT when your adding qualifications. I also didn't give Pearson Vue my UCAS ID so what other way would the uni's have of finding out our UKCAT score? If someone else knows more about this they could probably be of more assistance than myself xD
    Oh gosh... you sure? Some people told me that I didn't have to. So, I didn't put it. :cry2: I'm going to cry.

Lots of people didn't put it last year, so how did the unis find out their score?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Medicine .)
    So, do we really have to enter our UKCAT score on UCAS? I don't remember giving Pearson VUE my UCAS personal ID when registering for a test... :O

My sixth form told us we have to enter them on UCAS. And it makes sense seeing as there is a section for the UKCAT when your adding qualifications. I also didn't give Pearson Vue my UCAS ID so what other way would the uni's have of finding out our UKCAT score? If someone else knows more about this they could probably be of more assistance than myself xD

Oh gosh... you sure? Some people told me that I didn't have to. So, I didn't put it. :cry2: I'm going to cry.
    You don't have to put your UKCAT score onto UCAS, and you don't have to give Pearson Vue your UCAS ID. Pearson Vue send your UKCAT score to your choices/UCAS (not sure how but they do). You don't have to do anything. There is a section for UKCAT on the UCAS form so feel free to add it, but it makes no difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manupalace)
    You don't have to put your UKCAT score onto UCAS, and you don't have to give Pearson Vue your UCAS ID. Pearson Vue send your UKCAT score to your choices/UCAS (not sure how but they do). You don't have to do anything. There is a section for UKCAT on the UCAS form so feel free to add it, but it makes no difference.
    Oh, thank you! I was panicking...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh, thank you! I was panicking...
    No problem Misinformation given out by some colleges/sixth forms really annoys me. Its not like its hard for them to find the correct information :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Person Vue must use your personal details so name date of birth etc and use that to send it off to unis. You don't have to add it on UCAS, I did cause all 4 my choices require it so they will find out anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manupalace)
    Thank you for that! Its nice having people on TSR who know what they're talking about

ReputationRep:
    Hello. In need of advice. I need to choose 2 more unis to apply to and at the moment I cant decide between Manchester, Sheffield and Nottingham,I really want to apply to the two I have highest chance of an offer. My Gcses are 5 A * (triple science maths and geography) 5 As (English lit and language, RS, History and statistics) and a C in Spanish. 4 As in my as levels all above 90 % and a ukcat of 720. Which 2 should I choose? Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolverine96)
    Hello. In need of advice. I need to choose 2 more unis to apply to and at the moment I cant decide between Manchester, Sheffield and Nottingham,I really want to apply to the two I have highest chance of an offer. My Gcses are 5 A * (triple science maths and geography) 5 As (English lit and language, RS, History and statistics) and a C in Spanish. 4 As in my as levels all above 90 % and a ukcat of 720. Which 2 should I choose? Thank You
    I think ur guaranteed an interview at manchester

ReputationRep:
    Can you apply to 3 medical schools and have 2 options as something else e.g. biomedical sciences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katep_30)
    Can you apply to 3 medical schools and have 2 options as something else e.g. biomedical sciences?
    yep, u can do anything, but no more than 4 medicine

ReputationRep:
    if your fifth choice is biomedical sciences, does that mean you have to write another personal statement for biomedical sciences ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salmaed)
    if your fifth choice is biomedical sciences, does that mean you have to write another personal statement for biomedical sciences ?
    You can only send one personal statement; but biomedical science courses understand that there will be people applying to the course as their fifth choice after medicine so a medicine personal statement is fine for it.

I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolverine96)
    Make sure to have a look at course structures; I was thinking of applying to Manchester for a while but when I saw the PBL system they use there, I really didn't want to apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownone)
    Make sure to have a look at course structures; I was thinking of applying to Manchester for a while but when I saw the PBL system they use there, I really didn't want to apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just wondering, whst don't you like about Manchesters pbl system?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey can someone advice on which unis should I choose? My gcses are 8A* 1A. Forecasts are 4A's for AS and 2A*and 2A's for A2. I'm pretty upset about the forecast. My lecturers are not willing to forecast me 4 A* for my A2 yet as I have not set for my as. Will the forecasts grades have a detrimental effect on my application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babychocolate)
    Just wondering, whst don't you like about Manchesters pbl system?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From reviews I read written by current med students there, I saw that a lot of the learning has to be done on your own. Apparently you don't always know how in-depth you need to go and there aren't specific learning objectives. You do have groups with tutors where you can ask questions but I'd much prefer to be taught in lectures which will (hopefully) give me structure to my learning and give me opportunities to ask questions straight up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    What are your GCSE;s?
    I have 6A* 3As and 1B @ GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pittawithcheese)
    Dude, I think it's true to say that there are no Universities where anyone would "almost certainly" get an interview, even with very high scores on UKCAT and great grades.

Kenya sounds great, but try to remember it's what you have learned rather than what you have actually done that is they key to valuable work experience.

Good luck whatever you decide
    Thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownone)
    From reviews I read written by current med students there, I saw that a lot of the learning has to be done on your own. Apparently you don't always know how in-depth you need to go and there aren't specific learning objectives. You do have groups with tutors where you can ask questions but I'd much prefer to be taught in lectures which will (hopefully) give me structure to my learning and give me opportunities to ask questions straight up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. I knew Manchester was heavy on pbl but I did't really know what that entitled. I may have to look for a less pbl heavy university

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.