Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Lewandowski only scored 9 goals in his first season. Just a note to all the people who think Giroud is a donkey because he hasn't been the best striker in the world in his first season at Arsenal.
    havent heard anyone writing Giroud off because of his stats. Just that he's inconsistent and doesnt always impress on the field. Giroud will never be a 20 goals a season striker imo, in a good year he'll be getting 15 as a starter.

If we start next season with Giroud then we'll once again be fighting for our lives to remain in the CL.

Remember saying on here a year ago than Lewandowski was the ideal replacement for RVP. Could have got him for 18m then probably. Now he'll go for 35m. Would still pay it though, for me he's the textbook striker. Does everything you want.

ReputationRep:
    What have German's been putting in the water for the past 5 years of so?

Gotze, Ozil, Draxler, Reus, Hummels, ter Stegan, Kroos, Muller, Gundogan, Schurrle, Trapp, Bittencourt, Gnabry, Badstuber, Herrmann, double Bender, Jung, Howedes.

All 25 or under. Madness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    That's gibberish. Arsenal beat them because we were better on the day.Simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Look at it from a mental perspective. If you're 3 or 4-nil up. Are you going to instinctively try to kill the game? You should but most likely you'll take it easy.

If Bayern played us with the same intensity that they came at Barca with, we'd get thrashed. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    Germany come out to destroy once again. It's about time the Spanish domination ends. Lasted 4 years, quite long enough imo. Hopefully Germany wins the World Cup next year too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    Look at it from a mental perspective. If you're 3 or 4-nil up. Are you going to instinctively try to kill the game? You should but most likely you'll take it easy.

If Bayern played us with the same intensity that they came at Barca with, we'd get thrashed. Fact.
    Finally someone who understands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    What have German's been putting in the water for the past 5 years of so?

Gotze, Ozil, Draxler, Reus, Hummels, ter Stegan, Kroos, Muller, Gundogan, Schurrle, Trapp, Bittencourt, Gnabry, Badstuber, Herrmann, double Bender, Jung, Howedes.

All 25 or under. Madness.
    Draxler, Neure, Boateng could all be added to that list, and these are all top players. There are probably another 5/6 who would be good enough for an England call up. What have England produced who would get into the Germany team? Wilshere and Phil Jones are pretty much it.

Its not luck. Germans are just more long term in there thinking imo. Plus the fans' desire to see some local lads coming through is actually taken into consideration before the club just goes out and buys some mercenary from Timbuktu. Look at Alan Pardew at Newcastle. What hope has some lad from the North East got of breaking in when he can bring in ready made 27 year olds on the cheap. If he actually tried to play a few kids and lost a few games he'd probably get the sack. Its all wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I think my dad got it spot on. In small towns in Germany they will have 5-6 teams for just that town with coaches properly trained with badges. Here in in the UK too many coaches who don't know wtf is going on. They have it right from grass roots level.

ReputationRep:

:rofl2: had to be done.

ReputationRep:
    Germany is where it's at. Wenger's made his move with Eisfeld and Gnabry. Let's see how it turns out, wouldn't mind a cheeky bid for Draxler in the summer. Never really had a technical winger since Nasri left. He could be our new Pires.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)

:rofl2: had to be done.
    Damn i was about to post that! Right now I am loving it because Madrid gave us a pretty good ribbing yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Damn i was about to post that! Right now I am loving it because Madrid gave us a pretty good ribbing yesterday.
    'us' :rolleyes:

You'll be a Bayern fan in a a years time I'll bet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    'us' :rolleyes:

You'll be a Bayern fan in a a years time I'll bet.
    Why would I? I'm a Barcelona fan? You know I'm a Barcelona fan so how come all this now?

ReputationRep:
    Watching these games full of excitment makes me extremly bitter that we're not contending lads

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have at least a rough idea of how long the season ticket wait is? I know my cousin waited 8 years for his one, and got it about three years ago. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later, though I'll have to worry about how I'm going to pay for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Lewandowski only scored 9 goals in his first season. Just a note to all the people who think Giroud is a donkey because he hasn't been the best striker in the world in his first season at Arsenal.
    Giroud's certainly not a donkey, he's a decent player but he's not top level. That comparison to Lewandowski is completely irrelevant, how can you compare both situations? I don't think he is suited for Arsenal personally anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Does anyone have at least a rough idea of how long the season ticket wait is? I know my cousin waited 8 years for his one, and got it about three years ago. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later, though I'll have to worry about how I'm going to pay for it
    There is a way to check your position on the waiting list on the site or ringing them up I think, last year people as low as 15,000 got offered them supposedly, if you look about on twitter and forums you will find people who wanna rent them out for a year because they can't afford them but don't wanna go back of the queue as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    There is a way to check your position on the waiting list on the site or ringing them up I think, last year people as low as 15,000 got offered them supposedly, if you look about on twitter and forums you will find people who wanna rent them out for a year because they can't afford them but don't wanna go back of the queue as well
    Ah cheers man, nah I literally just signed up, it said there's around 40,000 people. It's tempting to try and find one for this season, but I really can't afford it, so I just signed up with a view to hopefully get it in maybe the next four/five years, when I will hopefully have the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Draxler, Neure, Boateng could all be added to that list, and these are all top players. There are probably another 5/6 who would be good enough for an England call up. What have England produced who would get into the Germany team? Wilshere and Phil Jones are pretty much it.

Its not luck. Germans are just more long term in there thinking imo. Plus the fans' desire to see some local lads coming through is actually taken into consideration before the club just goes out and buys some mercenary from Timbuktu. Look at Alan Pardew at Newcastle. What hope has some lad from the North East got of breaking in when he can bring in ready made 27 year olds on the cheap. If he actually tried to play a few kids and lost a few games he'd probably get the sack. Its all wrong.
    Draxler I mentioned, I'm flippin' wax lyrical about him at the moment Boateng is another one yes, Neuer is a little older (27), but given he's a keeper he'll be around for years. As you said, the list goes on, and on, and on...

I think a lot of it comes down to club chairman's being short sighted leading to managers being forced into getting immediate results by playing experienced players. Very few managers have the luxury right now of bringing in youth, it could cost them their job ultimately. A better job needs to be done at grassroots level as well, as Malevolent said there's simply not enough coaches in the UK, although I think the FA is trying to bring our grassroots football more in line with Germany's by focussing on technical development. There's a culture in the UK of the biggest, most physically developed youngsters being favoured even if they are not technically very good, and that needs to change.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of German youth, anyone seen much of this new kid Zalalem and where did we pick him up from?

ReputationRep:
    André santos has got another start for brazil tonight. He's still looking fat and slow and useless, just in case anyone was wondering

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.