The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Burrows
I'm unsure whether to apply to Cheney student village or not purely because it's £6000+ a year :s-smilie: I'm definitely applying to Clive booth ensuite and non ensuite, I also didn't realise there was an option to be in a female only flat??

Same - I really want to live somewhere busy and close to campus but Cheney just doesn't seem worth it.
It seems so ridiculous for them to make all the rooms there a 50 week contract because there's no way that that many people will need/benefit from that. I'd understand if they ran a scheme to reallocate the rooms around next May to someone who did need to stay at Uni, but otherwise it's just too expensive.

I can see this decision taking me a particularly long time...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
I just made my accommodation choices:

1) Paul Kent
2) Slade Park
3) Clive Booth
4) Clive Booth non-ensuite
5) Cheney

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 602
So exciting!!!
I've put Paul Kent as my first choice too!
Original post by Emma394
Hey I'll be studying at the harcourt hill campus but don't think I want to live there because there's on 260 rooms or something and I think I want to be in a busier place so I'm applying for either cheney or clive booth. Is anyone else doing the same?
x

Hey, I'm studying Communication, Media and Culture at Harcourt and English at Headington. My friend lives at Harcourt and she thinks its great but I think its too quiet for me so I'm applying for Clive Booth ensuite and non ensuite :smile: x
Reply 605
Does anyone know why Cheney Student Village is 50 weeks rather than 38 weeks?!
Original post by KehRawwr
Same - I really want to live somewhere busy and close to campus but Cheney just doesn't seem worth it.
It seems so ridiculous for them to make all the rooms there a 50 week contract because there's no way that that many people will need/benefit from that. I'd understand if they ran a scheme to reallocate the rooms around next May to someone who did need to stay at Uni, but otherwise it's just too expensive.

I can see this decision taking me a particularly long time...

Posted from TSR Mobile

when I went to the applicant day they did say there was an option to rent out your room at Cheney over the summer period, but you do have to organise it yourself before formally notifying the uni of the changes, meaning you'd have to find a tenant etc, I don't know if this helps you at all but I just thought I'd pass it on
Original post by Burrows
Does anyone know why Cheney Student Village is 50 weeks rather than 38 weeks?!

I think its mainly for people (like me) who can't or don't want to go home during the summer period :smile:
Reply 608
With the non en suite rooms e.g. Clive Booth non En Suite, do you reckon there will be a bathroom for the guys and a bathroom for girls?? Or is it all shared??!!
Only just found this chat, very happy I've found others going to OB :P
Anyone applied for English and Drama?
I sent off for Cheney as my 2nd choice and now I'm regretting it, even though it's nice enough, wheres everyone else applied for accomodation?

clive booth hall

clive booth hall (non-ensuite)

cheney student village (50 weeks)

paul kent hall

crescent hall

anyone else got clive booth as their first choice? (ensuite)
Dorset House was fully booked -.- Oh well:

1. Clive Booth (En-Suite)
2. Slade Park (En-Suite)
3. Paul Kent (En-Suite)
4. Cheney (En-Suite)
5. Clive Booth (Non en-suite).
1. Clive Booth (En-Suite)
2. Slade Park
3. Cheney
4. Paul Kent
5. Clive Booth (Non En-Suite)

Really hoping for Clive Booth!!
Reply 614
I think this is what I'm going to put...

Clive Booth en suite
Paul Kent
Clive Booth non ensuite
Cheney Student Village
Crescent Hall
Hi! I just received a conditional offer for English language and communication and I'm SO excited! I was feeling really desperate already since I had to apply through Extra (I'm 25 and from Finland and my grades aren't too good so it was hard for me to get accepted) but now I'm sooo happy and maybe still a bit in a shock :biggrin:

Anyway, my offer is conditional because I have to take the IELTS test which shouldn't be a problem. Can I firm my choice already, even if I won't be getting the test results back until end of May/beginning of June or do I have to wait for the results?
I live in a shared flat with 2 girls and 4 boys, there are no separate bathroom for boys or girls, you just use whichever one is available or unless you decide that one toilet is for boys and the other is for girls amongst your flatmates. I go to NTU at the moment but wil be attending OB in Sept so I don't know if it is any different at OB, I doubt it though.
Reply 617
Original post by jacksharpe
One last question! Can you give me an example of your timetable, im curious!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The timetable each week varies but it is never too busy. You tend to have a whole year lecture and then a seminar with your learning group (The year is split into three or four groups). Some days at 10-4, others are just the morning. The year leader works really hard to ensure you're not bombarded with work etc. :smile: hope this helps!
Reply 618
Original post by jacksharpe
Do you get free wifi in the halls??:smile:

I'm not sure about all halls but I'm assuming yes! In Westminster halls you do :smile:
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO THERE.

So happy I've finally found a post about this! I'm Abie, 20 years old, I go to Reading uni but I didn't like my course here or the general city so I'm moving to Oxford Brookes to start as a fresher once again :smile: I'll be on Headington campus, so hopefully Clive Booth or Cheney, saw them both on open day so if you have any questions about accommodation or generally being a university student I'm all ears :cool: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending