Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    only 75% of homosexuals were actually biologically born that way. Media influence, struggle with girls, bad parenting and other significant events in said straight man's life can drive him bent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redz0r)
    only 75% of homosexuals were actually biologically born that way. Media influence, struggle with girls, bad parenting and other significant events in said straight man's life can drive him bent.
    So what you're saying is that a guy has trouble with a girlfriend and he suddenly likes ****?:L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Agreed completely

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanAGTerry)
    So what you're saying is that a guy has trouble with a girlfriend and he suddenly likes ****?:L

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In some cases, yes.

ReputationRep:
    In some cases, yes.
    As a (I'm assuming) straight person, I don't really know how you can comment, being gay generally means ostracised and judged for your whole life, I'm not sure someone would turn over 'girl troubles' or media influence..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen123abc)
    red is the worst flavour skittle.
    Have you tried the new blue ones? They taste like toothpaste mixed with death.

ReputationRep:
    Say you're right - how do bisexuals fit into that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Have you tried the new blue ones? They taste like toothpaste mixed with death.
    Oh yeah I have, they do taste a lot like soap.

I retract my previous opinion, blue is the worst.

ReputationRep:
    Matt Smith is a better Doctor than David Tennant.

CONTRO

ReputationRep:
    I think Christmas and Birthdays are absolutely pathetic. I don't know how people can engage in so much debauchery knowing others suffer so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JindleBrey)
    I think Christmas and Birthdays are absolutely pathetic. I don't know how people can engage in so much debauchery knowing others suffer so much.
    You obviously have access to the Internet, and you have time to waste on here. Surely you could be doing a lot more to help said people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minthumbugs)
    People have said they were afraid to tell me they were gay because they didnt know how I'd react and thought I'd stop speaking to them.
    Same thing has happened to be before once or twice and it just makes me sad like, why would you assume I would do that to you?

ReputationRep:
    The inbetweeners is really annoying and not funny

ReputationRep:
    Bacon isn't all that great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)

Anything I haven't commented on I either don't care enough about or I am not educated enough on the subject to think I should give opinions.
    The government tax heavily on cigarettes and alcohol to try and "deter" people from smoking and drinking, marijuana (apparently) has not caused a single death, has proven uses in medicine and some say is less addictive than coffee!

The government is receiving a HUGE amount of money by taxing the products, why not legalise marijuana, tax the hell out of it, save money on the war on drugs, and stick a "Smoking Kills" label on the packets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R1C3W1N3)
    The government tax heavily on cigarettes and alcohol to try and "deter" people from smoking and drinking, marijuana (apparently) has not caused a single death, has proven uses in medicine and some say is less addictive than coffee!

The government is receiving a HUGE amount of money by taxing the products, why not legalise marijuana, tax the hell out of it, save money on the war on drugs, and stick a "Smoking Kills" label on the packets?
    I agree with that, have done for a long time. Not sure why you quoted me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I agree with that, have done for a long time. Not sure why you quoted me?
    Because people can grow weed in their own gardens, its a lot more work to distill your own (nice) alcohol, or grow and cure your own tobacco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BuDerpiDerp)
    Same thing has happened to be before once or twice and it just makes me sad like, why would you assume I would do that to you?
    I know, it's horrible when you realise people think you would do that. I hope I don't come across as that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R1C3W1N3)

Because it wouldn't work. It's very easy to grow marijuana anywhere and difficult to find it and tax it. People will just grow it and do it in their homes. Policemen won't be going round people's houses searching for the weed and putting taxes on it.

The black market will just take over anyway and people will smoke it 1000x more than people do now which makes it worse for your health. Having it illegal makes people more reluctant to do it than if it was taxed. And taxing it wouldn't work anyway, it wouldn't bring in as much tax money as cigarettes. So it's not really worth it to the government, but other governments see it differently that's why it's now legal in some American states.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akash11)
    The only things that matter in life besides good health are looks and money. And intelligence, as only intelligent/talented people have a relastic chance of making a fortune.

People who cant have biological children have a huge whole in their life, and adoption is at best a poor substitute.
    Can you not see the contradiction here?

On one hand, the only important things in life are health, looks, money and intelligence. No mention of family, children or loved ones here.

Yet on the other, biological children are so important that "adoption is at best a poor substitute"?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.