Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else have any module clashes already..? Or know how they usually go about sorting them? Because my aquatic ecology module clashes with both my geography modules.. As there are only 2 geography modules anyway, I'm guessing they take priority and the biology one switched or replaced with an optional module..? Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orthrus)

Hmm, yeah that's pretty elaborate compared to ours where we just had head boy and girl and deputies + senior prefects, and normal prefects Best thing about my highschool was when we went all hogwarts-y for a year and got split into houses and were given different coloured prefect badges :') Me too! Have you got anything in the schedule that you're particularly looking forward to? Nope, not at all useful today especially :') Yeah, i imagine it would be so much cooler doing a proper road trip in the US or across Europe - i really want to do that! :moon:
    Yeah it was rather elaborate :') Oh we had houses from Year 7 through to 13! I was really keen lower down in school and did all kinds of house events, although by the time you've been at the school for seven years, you kind of don't really care about your house at all :') In fact in year 13 I managed to avoid all house assemblies, since they were on a Tuesday and I didnt start until 11.30! :') Errrm I'm looking forward to the Toy themed night, the campus bar crawl, since I've only been in Bowland and Fyldes bars, and the UV rave! Apparently Bentley's is **** the rest of the year, usually empty, but it should be okay in freshers since alot of people should be there :') How about you? Ooooo also the day time thing with the lots of activities sounds cool :') Yeah it would be! Although I dont know if i'd want a car with an open top! messes up your hair I've been on a family fly drive holiday in America through California, Nevada and Arizona though and that was pretty cool so I'd love to do the same sort of thing again!

Also side note going from your other convo, I'm quite pleased there are flats of 8! Makes it more likely that you'll find at least one person in your flat that you'll really get along with! Some of my friends are sharing with like 3 or 4 other people and that seems really small to me! :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torihalex)
    You'll go to the same lectures as those who study it as their major but just won't do as many of the modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have any idea which minors you will be taking next to your major? I can't seem to find the list of subjects available, but already have a few in mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got accommodation offer yesterday, I'm in the newly refurbished bowl and tower but in ash house for the first term while refurbishments are completed O_o

But I was happy to get any on campus accommodation xD

But I've heard a lot of bad things about ash house, so I'm getting worried now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Envelopes)
    Do you have any idea which minors you will be taking next to your major? I can't seem to find the list of subjects available, but already have a few in mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't have any minors tbh just three majors that my modules have already been selected for me, sorry. I know there are lists of modules online which I think you can find if you login to your account.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You had a double bed at your last uni?! Sooooo, how do i go about transferring to this brilliant place? Haha, it's probably a bit too late to care about finishing unpacking since we'll be heading to arrivals day in just over a fortnight now. Just try keep your lancaster room tidy I think mine has something between 6 and 8 people per floor/flat thingy, personally i'm hoping it's at the lower end of the spectrum because living with 8 new people all of a sudden does sound quite mad :') I'm sure your flat mates will be fine, i mean, you managed to get along with your old ones didn't you? Hopefully you'll stop missing it as much after you settle in
    :moon:
    It was an amazing flat brand new as well the kitchen was huge and even had a sitting area in it, we were lucky though, we didnt see anyone else with a kitchen that big and that included the seven person flats. I have no idea what the accommodation in Lancaster is like but I doubt it will be as nice but hopefully it will still be okay.
    Probably isnt much point in unpacking but I need to find out whats in the bag I think there are 9 Flats in standard all are 8 except for one 6, i'm hoping for the 6 but my chances arent too great but ah well we had some funny moments in the flat but generally were good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torihalex)
    I don't have any minors tbh just three majors that my modules have already been selected for me, sorry. I know there are lists of modules online which I think you can find if you login to your account.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, fair enough! I think it said somewhere that they allow students to choose from the 16th but not 100% sure. Maybe the lists won't be up until then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMAGuy)
    But I've heard a lot of bad things about ash house, so I'm getting worried now.
    I refer to you my post from a few pages back
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=#post44268137

If they change the locks then it'll be alright. Since my first year you could get into the corridors with nothing other than a spoon, provided the end of the handle is flat and not rounded. You just jab it in the key hole, wiggle it, and the door opens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Envelopes)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heres a link to the online module catalouge
    http://www.lusi.lancs.ac.uk/OnlineCo...duleCatalogue/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brookex)
    Heres a link to the online module catalouge
    http://www.lusi.lancs.ac.uk/OnlineCo...duleCatalogue/
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahS95)
    Yeah it was rather elaborate :') Oh we had houses from Year 7 through to 13! I was really keen lower down in school and did all kinds of house events, although by the time you've been at the school for seven years, you kind of don't really care about your house at all :') In fact in year 13 I managed to avoid all house assemblies, since they were on a Tuesday and I didnt start until 11.30! :') Errrm I'm looking forward to the Toy themed night, the campus bar crawl, since I've only been in Bowland and Fyldes bars, and the UV rave! Apparently Bentley's is **** the rest of the year, usually empty, but it should be okay in freshers since alot of people should be there :') How about you? Ooooo also the day time thing with the lots of activities sounds cool :') Yeah it would be! Although I dont know if i'd want a car with an open top! messes up your hair I've been on a family fly drive holiday in America through California, Nevada and Arizona though and that was pretty cool so I'd love to do the same sort of thing again!

Also side note going from your other convo, I'm quite pleased there are flats of 8! Makes it more likely that you'll find at least one person in your flat that you'll really get along with! Some of my friends are sharing with like 3 or 4 other people and that seems really small to me! :')
    Tut tut, skipping house assemblies, i can sense a lack of team spirit in you! Then again, this is coming from somebody who worked with his form tutor to basically rig all the occasional events so that we always won with the least amount of effort - The man was an absolute legend... and a bad influence :laugh: The only thing i regret from then is that i didn't get every colour prefect badge - i still have my blue, green and yellow :') Hmmm, The UV rave, toy night and town bar crawl sound good to me - i like the toy theme night especially like, but i'm a child at heart when it comes to dressing up I've only been in Furness' bar, and it seemed quite cool - all rustic and stuff - but i'd love to check out the rest on the night! Is it? Yeah, i imagine it'll be full, after all, everyone has to find out it's **** by going there during freshers! :L I'm glad looking around town is in the day activities, i didn't have time when i went down a while ago.
    Hahaha, i don't think i'd have a problem with the messy hair part :') Oh my god, that is so infinitely cool! Does your family always have such cool holidays? :O

I guess you do have a point there, 3-4 would be too small to form a proper gang out of, but 8?! Haha I think i'm gonna go half way and say 6-7 would be ideal in my eyes!

(Original post by katie55)
    It was an amazing flat brand new as well the kitchen was huge and even had a sitting area in it, we were lucky though, we didnt see anyone else with a kitchen that big and that included the seven person flats. I have no idea what the accommodation in Lancaster is like but I doubt it will be as nice but hopefully it will still be okay.
    Probably isnt much point in unpacking but I need to find out whats in the bag I think there are 9 Flats in standard all are 8 except for one 6, i'm hoping for the 6 but my chances arent too great but ah well we had some funny moments in the flat but generally were good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well they've been winning accommodation awards for the past few years now, so i think you should expect to be impressed - i never got the chance to look myself because it was either that or look around the departments, and i wanted to get a feel of the actual uni :') You'll probably have to get used to a smaller sized kitchen, but i think lots of things were refurbished recently so not quite new, but it all should be in good shape Yeah, your odds don't look fantastic, but either way it should be fine - After all, there's only a difference of 2 people And you get to go through it all again in 20 days! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Tut tut, skipping house assemblies, i can sense a lack of team spirit in you! Then again, this is coming from somebody who worked with his form tutor to basically rig all the occasional events so that we always won with the least amount of effort - The man was an absolute legend... and a bad influence :laugh: The only thing i regret from then is that i didn't get every colour prefect badge - i still have my blue, green and yellow :') Hmmm, The UV rave, toy night and town bar crawl sound good to me - i like the toy theme night especially like, but i'm a child at heart when it comes to dressing up I've only been in Furness' bar, and it seemed quite cool - all rustic and stuff - but i'd love to check out the rest on the night! Is it? Yeah, i imagine it'll be full, after all, everyone has to find out it's **** by going there during freshers! :L I'm glad looking around town is in the day activities, i didn't have time when i went down a while ago.
    Hahaha, i don't think i'd have a problem with the messy hair part :') Oh my god, that is so infinitely cool! Does your family always have such cool holidays? :O

I guess you do have a point there, 3-4 would be too small to form a proper gang out of, but 8?! Haha I think i'm gonna go half way and say 6-7 would be ideal in my eyes!
    Yeah like anyone would go into school like threee hours early just to go to an assembly! I did house events every single year thank you very much Haha very bad influence! We didn't have badges, it was just on our sixth form ID :') Yeah I love dressing up, but I always like to make my own costumes! They always look better, plus buying them feels like cheating/is too expensive Also it'll be cool to not be far from my room whilst still being out! Dunno about pub golf though :') Yeaaah, I kinda cba with that since I already know my way around mostly, but I'll probably still end up going :')
    I've been growing my hair and its getting kinda long now so it would just be like a birds nest of knots :') Naaaat pleasant. Eeerrm we've had some cool holidays like that one and then we did a road trip type thing in canada as well the year after, and then we did a three-centre trip to Italy the year after that, but not always :')
    I think 6-8 is ideal! Makes me feel more confident of finding friends in my flat :') I'm sure itll be fiiiiiiiiine :')

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like anyone would go into school like threee hours early just to go to an assembly! I did house events every single year thank you very much Haha very bad influence! We didn't have badges, it was just on our sixth form ID :') Yeah I love dressing up, but I always like to make my own costumes! They always look better, plus buying them feels like cheating/is too expensive Also it'll be cool to not be far from my room whilst still being out! Dunno about pub golf though :') Yeaaah, I kinda cba with that since I already know my way around mostly, but I'll probably still end up going :')
    I've been growing my hair and its getting kinda long now so it would just be like a birds nest of knots :') Naaaat pleasant. Eeerrm we've had some cool holidays like that one and then we did a road trip type thing in canada as well the year after, and then we did a three-centre trip to Italy the year after that, but not always :')
    I think 6-8 is ideal! Makes me feel more confident of finding friends in my flat :') I'm sure itll be fiiiiiiiiine :')
    Yeah, i won't pretend like i would have sacrificed sleep for an assembly either :') But... the badge is like 70% of the fun! I remember someone, obviously not me, used to occasionally put the badge on the inside of his coat and whip it out when needed
    Really, you make them yourself? That's really cool! Like what sorts of things have you made before? I'd do the same myself, but my textiles skills peak at my really wonky cross stitch :lol:
    You say "not always", then you pull out even more cool destinations you've been to :') Haha, I'm very jealous! I wish my family was as adventurous as that! See, i don't have that problem since my hair is pretty short... and since it's all curly that it knots itself all the time -_-
    Yeah, it's probably the same size as my main group of friends here - and yeah, i'm sure we'll both find pals easily enough But i don't look forward to the breaking the ice part!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i won't pretend like i would have sacrificed sleep for an assembly either :') But... the badge is like 70% of the fun! I remember someone, obviously not me, used to occasionally put the badge on the inside of his coat and whip it out when needed
    Really, you make them yourself? That's really cool! Like what sorts of things have you made before? I'd do the same myself, but my textiles skills peak at my really wonky cross stitch :lol:
    You say "not always", then you pull out even more cool destinations you've been to :') Haha, I'm very jealous! I wish my family was as adventurous as that! See, i don't have that problem since my hair is pretty short... and since it's all curly that it knots itself all the time -_-
    Yeah, it's probably the same size as my main group of friends here - and yeah, i'm sure we'll both find pals easily enough But i don't look forward to the breaking the ice part!
    Haha it would've been annoying to have a badge I think! Woulda forgotten it all the time! Forgot my ID badge often enough :') Haha yeah, I believe you
    Eeeerm well when I say make I usually mean cobble together something from things I own! We had a fancy dress day when we left sixth form and I went as Jessie from Toy Story, and I made that costume :') I didnt do that much sewing because I didnt want to ruin my clothes, mainly used pins :')
    Yeah but thats only like three places! Normally we just went to France and this year we went to Spain :') Yeaaah it is pretty cool, gives you a kind of lust for travel though! haha my hairs always knotty anyway but i wouldnt want to make it worse!
    Yeaaah I'm sure we both will! Yeaaah it will probably be abit awkward to start with but it'll be fiiiine :') hoping not to have to telll my life story tooo many times though :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie55)
    Sounds good you excited about starting?
    Yeah can't wait to go been counting the days down... 21 days !!!

Have you sorted out all your stuff for uni yet?

ReputationRep:
    Haha it would've been annoying to have a badge I think! Woulda forgotten it all the time! Forgot my ID badge often enough :') Haha yeah, I believe you
    Eeeerm well when I say make I usually mean cobble together something from things I own! We had a fancy dress day when we left sixth form and I went as Jessie from Toy Story, and I made that costume :') I didnt do that much sewing because I didnt want to ruin my clothes, mainly used pins :')
    Yeah but thats only like three places! Normally we just went to France and this year we went to Spain :') Yeaaah it is pretty cool, gives you a kind of lust for travel though! haha my hairs always knotty anyway but i wouldnt want to make it worse!
    Yeaaah I'm sure we both will! Yeaaah it will probably be abit awkward to start with but it'll be fiiiine :') hoping not to have to telll my life story tooo many times though :')
    That's still pretty cool, it's probably smarter than buying new things all the time! Plus i think the most creative i've gotten was wearing high tops as Darth Vader earlier on last year, so you're winning in that Ever been to a UV rave?
    Haha, alright, spain and france are a bit more normal i suppose! Funnily enough, i've never been to spain before even though that seems like where everybody in britain goes :') Just embrace the knots! At a certain point, your hair might even start being able to hold objects - like i can put a pencil or two in mine when i'm bored - but i doubt you can grow an afro :lol:
    In which case, i'm hoping that literally everyone asks you for you life story, just to annoy you :') I haven't had to use my small talk moves in a long long time, so i'm worried i'm gonna talk about the weather, BBC parliament or something :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether we're allowed mini fridges in our room?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hariskhan7)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, you aren't. Although I'm not sure how they'd find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hariskhan7)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Nope, you aren't. Although I'm not sure how they'd find out.
    I heard that they tell you about inspections in advance, so you just hide everything then haha

ReputationRep:
    Any other English Literature people around?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.