Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    £4.50 return to town which is 30 minutes away -_-
    (Original post by SophF_rth)
    That's about as bad as me. 4.20 to get to town and back which is 25m away for me :/ (which isn't regular enough)!
    The bad points of living in a villiage!
    I can get a return train ticket to Birmingham for £3.40 (£1.70 when I was 15), which is the 2nd biggest city in the UK and great for shopping

ReputationRep:
    Literally all I have to do is walk straight down the road and I'm there My airport is about a 20-30 minute drive...
    Want to swap? does your bus come more than every 90mins though?

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited I don't have to pay extortionate bus fare anymore!
    For the first time; I have to! My school was only ten minutes away. Now it's nearly forty minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Every 15 minutes

(Original post by JustaDreamer)
    For the first time; I have to! My school was only ten minutes away. Now it's nearly forty minutes.
    If I was you, I'd get a bus pass....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I can get a return train ticket to Birmingham for £3.40 (£1.70 when I was 15), which is the 2nd biggest city in the UK and great for shopping
    I'm jealous! So cheap. But can you walk to the 3rd (ithink) biggest airport on the UK in 2mins?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys How are you feeling for results day? I wasn't worrying very much until last week, and I'm dreading English Lit the most as the only subject that I'm doing A-Level in that I haven't got yet. I'm also doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Every 15 minutes
    Grr
    I'm assuming they just hate where I live. Whoever they are

ReputationRep:
    I'm jealous! So cheap. But can you walk to the 3rd (ithink) biggest airport on the UK in 2mins?
    An airport isn't something I need regularly so I don't mind. But the train to Birmingham actually stops at the airport so I have no problem getting to one. What airport do you live near?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys How are you feeling for results day? I wasn't worrying very much until last week, and I'm dreading English Lit the most as the only subject that I'm doing A-Level in that I haven't got yet. I'm also doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
    I'm excited. I have good marks in previous modules and coursework so there wasn't much pressure on me for this exam season and I think it went relatively well. I'm hoping for 4A* 4A 1B. Anything less and it's not a disaster, anything more is a bonus

ReputationRep:
    I'm an oldie. I failed AS so I'm resitting year 12!
    It'll be fine I'm sure, what results have you got so far then?
    I'm doing Maths too

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited. I have good marks in previous modules and coursework so there wasn't much pressure on me for this exam season and I think it went relatively well. I'm hoping for 4A* 4A 1B. Anything less and it's not a disaster, anything more is a bonus
    That's good then; I think mine wasn't disastrous, it just went alright.
    I'm an oldie. I failed AS so I'm resitting year 12!
    It'll be fine I'm sure, what results have you got so far then?
    I'm doing Maths too
    I've got A*s in triple science and Maths, and an A in Religious studies. Haha thanks; I'll need the confidence once I'm holding that envelope!

ReputationRep:
    An airport isn't something I need regularly so I don't mind. But the train to Birmingham actually stops at the airport so I have no problem getting to one. What airport do you live near?
    I guess I can't win then! Unless... Wouldn't you enjoy looking out of your window and seeing fields across the road?

Gatwick quite far from you!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else panicking, not just for results but for A Levels in general?

English Literature and Language - Edexcel
    French - WJEC
    Religious Studies - AQA
    EPQ - AQA
    Government and Politics - Edexcel (still undecided on that or media studies)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Grr
    I'm assuming they just hate where I live. Whoever they are
    The bus company?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh it's been a while since I've been in one of these! May as well introduce myself:awesome:
    All I've been doing:

Stressing about my results coming in 3 days

C1, C2 and FP1 for MEI Maths and F.Maths books taking ages to get in stock and at this very moment in time its vital I get somee revision down before I start

Trying to enjoy every last bit of this brain-mushing holiday :ahee:

I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics and a whole bunch of other cool stuff when I go college!!!

Well that's me, what about you guys?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got A*s in triple science and Maths, and an A in Religious studies. Haha thanks; I'll need the confidence once I'm holding that envelope!
    Well done! you've already got such good results I'm sure Lit will be the same. Unless like me you're 4 ums off the next boundary. I really should have got it remarked

The question is... Where will you open your envelope? With friends or on your own?

ReputationRep:
    The bus company?
    Yeah, I'd go for them :mad:

Anyway, what is your plan for today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LikeNarnia)
    French - WJEC

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay!

ReputationRep:
    I guess I can't win then! Unless... Wouldn't you enjoy looking out of your window and seeing fields across the road?

Gatwick quite far from you!
    I prefer my view. Houses, cars, streetlights, a football stadium in the background. It shows how humans have developed. Not just some grass.

ReputationRep:
    Well done! you've already got such good results I'm sure Lit will be the same. Unless like me you're 4 ums off the next boundary. I really should have got it remarked

The question is... Where will you open your envelope? With friends or on your own?
    Thank you! I certainly hope so Ah right Why didn't you? Hmm I'll probably open my envelope with my friends; but with my back faced towards them...or just right in front I guess. Nerves; it all depends on the day!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.