Hongkong Applicants 2014 Watch

Baron of Sealand
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LightMarauder)
But isn't global business really competitive to get into and companies recit before you even graduate? is that not the same case for business?
HKU has an acceptance rate of 9%. Oxbridge has an acceptance rate of 21%. Which one do you think is more competitive especially when the HKDSE (done a year earlier than GCE AL) is, according to UCAS, a whole grade more difficult than GCE AL is?

Which one do you think lead you to an investment bank?

It is the same case for business, the same case for psychology, the same case for politics, the same case for education, and even the same case ever if you want to join a reality TV singing contest (they only want to talk to people who came back from overseas).

Oh and, companies recruit before you graduate? Almost all universities in Hong Kong have a virtual 100% employment rate, whether that's employment for well-paid positions is an entirely different matter.
jsccsx1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I received an orientation package from my faculty. does this mean anything? i don't get my a level results till tomorrow..
acireric
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Goh)
Oh, I am applying to HKUST Business school and CU Business school. Goodluck to you!
Hi! I'm considering applying to CU and UST Business, 2015 Entry. May I ask how the interviews are like, if there were any?
acireric
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by smileyworld501)
Offers from :
CUHK IBBA
HKUST Business and Management
Hi! I am applying to these two programmes for 2015 entry. Did you have interviews for both? And may I ask about the approx offer grades? Many thanks!
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just want to tell anyone who may still be waiting on an offer from a Hong Kong university: There's still hope. I learned by helping out with registration earlier that some people got their offers only mid-September, two weeks after the semester has started.
Rahul40
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello I am Rahul frm Bangladesh.Anyone here has any idea of the acceptance rate of international students for undergraduate Engineering at HKUST.I have already completed my IGCSE and A levels.I am palnning to apply for FaLL 2015 intake.

IGCSE-6A*1A2B
A levels-1A*3A.
IELTS-7:5
Do I even have a chance to get accepted?I heard HKUST is very competitive.And I do not have great extracurriculars.
Costanzas
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the talk about acceptance rates is total crap.a person willing to apply to oxbridge will not even apply to unis like hkust but to unis which are on par(eg-top 10 globally).hkust is attended by students with high grades who have never indulged in extra curricular activities all their lives and have no chance of getting into oxbridge.
(Original post by clh_hilary)
HKU has an acceptance rate of 9%. Oxbridge has an acceptance rate of 21%. Which one do you think is more competitive especially when the HKDSE (done a year earlier than GCE AL) is, according to UCAS, a whole grade more difficult than GCE AL is?

Which one do you think lead you to an investment bank?

It is the same case for business, the same case for psychology, the same case for politics, the same case for education, and even the same case ever if you want to join a reality TV singing contest (they only want to talk to people who came back from overseas).

Oh and, companies recruit before you graduate? Almost all universities in Hong Kong have a virtual 100% employment rate, whether that's employment for well-paid positions is an entirely different matter.
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Costanzas)
the talk about acceptance rates is total crap.a person willing to apply to oxbridge will not even apply to unis like hkust but to unis which are on par(eg-top 10 globally).hkust is attended by students with high grades who have never indulged in extra curricular activities all their lives and have no chance of getting into oxbridge.
UK universities, including Oxbridge, don't care too much about extra-curricular activities. People who got into HKUST with those grades will be able to get into Oxbridge provided that they are financially able to.

Do you even go to Oxbridge?
mynameispoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Which uni should I choose? St Andrews Warwick Edinburgh or Exeter? I doubt that St A is famous in Hong Kong, but the ranking is really high in the UK:confused: Which one would have a higher job rate?
mynameispoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And if I want to work in bank like JP Morgan, does it matters if I didn't study Accounting&Finance?
Costanzas
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
warwick anyday
(Original post by mynameispoo)
Which uni should I choose? St Andrews Warwick Edinburgh or Exeter? I doubt that St A is famous in Hong Kong, but the ranking is really high in the UK:confused: Which one would have a higher job rate?
Costanzas
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what is your point?the quality of students at both the unis is the same but the only difference is that one is a school for rich kids while the other is for academically inclined asian kids who cannot afford to study at british schools.QUOTE=clh_hilary;5153961 5]UK universities, including Oxbridge, don't care too much about extra-curricular activities. People who got into HKUST with those grades will be able to get into Oxbridge provided that they are financially able to.

Do you even go to Oxbridge?[/QUOTE]
lhcyuco
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi do anyone recieve an interview invitation from HKUST in london on 6/7 dec?
apoorvahk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lhcyuco)
Hi do anyone recieve an interview invitation from HKUST in london on 6/7 dec?
I'm guessing that the 2015 thread (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2831339&page=7) would be more appropriate for your query. I have a video interview with the Business school (although I'm a local Non-JUPAS student) so...yeah.
jackkimmy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey is anyone applying to BBA (IBGM) for HKU? Did anyone heard back from them for interview yet or is there such

interviews?
Ady1703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello guys, I would like to apply on MSc program of Finance at City University of Hong Kong, have you heard of quality and if it is hard to get offer from this uni ? One of their requirement is to hold 2 - 4 years working experience , is it possible to get offer with out any relevant work experience ?
And if you have anything else about CUHK to share , do not hesitate thanks !!!
devanshi27
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Goh)
anyone gotten any interviews yet? I'd just received a 4 mins video interview
i have also gotten the 4 min video interview but i am really confused. How are you prepraing for it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (200)
22.55%
The paper was reasonable (403)
45.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (165)
18.6%
It was TERRIBLE (119)
13.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise