The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HennersPD
Its just I'm set on applying to Oxford to read Chemistry and am predicted A*AA for A2. Also I'm disabled (partially sighted) and feel strongly that had a major part to play in my poor physics grade (C) should I tell the universities this as its an extenuating circumstance? :/ I'm gonna resit g491 do you think that's enough to get an A at A2? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

G492 is the bigger of the two. If you really try and start early it should be doable. I need to redo my coursework it was horrendous ><

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.
Original post by Iridann
G492 is the bigger of the two. If you really try and start early it should be doable. I need to redo my coursework it was horrendous ><

So should I resit g491 or g492 which would have the bigger effect overall? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
So should I resit g491 or g492 which would have the bigger effect overall? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends what you got in each. if you got roughly the same percentage wise, g492 would be easier to gain more marks with.

Ah OK what about resitting either g491 or g492 are you gonna do that? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

G491 hopefully!
Original post by Iridann
Depends what you got in each. if you got roughly the same percentage wise, g492 would be easier to gain more marks with.

42% in G491 and 59% in G492 in that case which should I retake to get it up to an A overall? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 63, 111 and 54 UMS, should i retake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996
I got 63, 111 and 54 UMS, should i retake?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe g491 to boost it up a little?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too and g492 :/ would that be hard? :/ can you go from C at AS to A at A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can, and you can even go from a scraped C to an A*. You can't however, go from a D to an A*, or even an A.

Think about it - AS and A2 are both half of the A-level. To get an A overall you need 80% overall. So if you get 60% in AS (a C) but then 100% in A2, the overall average is 80% - so an A.

As you can see however, it is unlikely that you'll be able to get full marks, or close to full marks, in A2, and this is what is required to go from a C to an A.
Reply 608
Insulting them isn't going to help really

Latest

Trending

Trending