Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    KPMG Update:

Amazing. I was just about to email them to withdraw from the process (as I've accepted an offer elsewhere) but they've saved me the effort.

Timeline wise:

- Applied mid September and less than a week later, I was told that I'd passed the screening and testing and that somebody would be "in touch with you within the next two weeks to organise a telephone interview."

- Early October, I get a generic "we're still looking at obtaining dates for your interview and will be in touch" email.

- Zero communication until the above email received Friday evening (two months after being told they'd be giving me an interview)

I suspect I'm not the only one who got this email?

For those of you still looking for a position, and who probably wasted hours upon hours preparing for a promised telephone interview that never materialised, I'm truly sorry.

What's that saying in business? Something about under promising and over delivering...
    never got the email, but as I got through over the phone and was told the same thing I feel the same level of annoyance. Time wasters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alextay93)
    Hey, has anyone done the OC&C online case study test? Not sure what to expect
    I'm guessing they have gotten in contact with you? I haven't heard anything from them so far

Also, has anyone heard from L.E.K and Roland Berger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danf159)
    I'm guessing they have gotten in contact with you? I haven't heard anything from them so far

Also, has anyone heard from L.E.K and Roland Berger?
    Nothing from L.E.K but I know someone who's had tests followed by a rejection so I'm assuming the worst. No idea about Roland Berger as it was probably the only one I didn't apply to.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, quick question about case interviews

How do you know how granular to go in your analysis? For example, you start asking for figures for unit revenue, or competitor performance, costs, price, volume etc. but the interviewer has nothing to give - so after 10 minutes of asking for figures for various aspects you realise that the case is actually really qualitative and short. How can I avoid this happening and identifying early on how much detail i need to go into?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wisepirate)
    Nothing from L.E.K but I know someone who's had tests followed by a rejection so I'm assuming the worst. No idea about Roland Berger as it was probably the only one I didn't apply to.
    Yep Know people being interviewed next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebird82)
    Yep Know people being interviewed next week
    do you mean LEK or Roland Berger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wisepirate)
    I'm in the same boat. I emailed them and they gave absolutely nothing away! Have you done it yet?

Have you guys done the tests yet??

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from KPMG Management Consulting after tests?

And any news from Monitor Deloitte?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ks347)

Earlier posts seemed to imply that KPMG MC was full.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ks347)

No news from Monitor Deloitte on my side either

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hear back from OC&C after taking the tests??

ReputationRep:
    any news from roland berger? are they reviewing application on the rolling basis or after deadline?

ReputationRep:
    Oh of course, "unprecedented" amount of applications. Utter rubbish. Crap from HR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bankonthis)
    any news from roland berger? are they reviewing application on the rolling basis or after deadline?
    I got a very polite rejection email from them this morning so I guess they are sorting through applicants at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samsicle)
    I got a very polite rejection email from them this morning so I guess they are sorting through applicants at the moment.
    when did you send off ur app. i just realised i made a mistake on my app, expecting rejection soon. i applied for summer internship, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bankonthis)
    when did you send off ur app. i just realised i made a mistake on my app, expecting rejection soon. i applied for summer internship, what about you?
    Halfway through October I think - but that was for the grad scheme. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    ah cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an IBM Assessment Centre that can give me some tips?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview for Monitor Deloitte? Any ideas what kind of competency questions/case to expect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConsultingGrad2)
    Has anyone had an interview for Monitor Deloitte? Any ideas what kind of competency questions/case to expect?
    Have they got back to you? I've still not heard back.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.