Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2015 Physics Applicants Watch

• View Poll Results: Which Physics course(s) are you going to apply for?
    Physics BSc
    26.85%
    Physics MSci
    49.54%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths BSc
    7.41%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths MSci
    15.74%
    Physics with Astrophysics BSc
    7.87%
    Physics with Astrophysics MSci
    12.50%
    Physics and Philosophy BSc
    1.39%
    Physics and Philosophy MSci
    4.17%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wmavfc)
    Application sent 31st October interview email 4th November and I'm actually going on Tuesday
    Ooh I hope it went well for you today! I just got my interview offer today How was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planckton)
    eeee congrats!!
    THANKS! You heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Hull. 300 points including a B in physics and maths. That's 4/5 so far!! Just waiting on Heriot-Watt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swinburne)
    THANKS! You heard anything yet?
    Yeah!! Interview at new

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!! Interview at new
    Well Done!!!! that's great!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone who got an interview at Oxford, hope to see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody with an interview at Manchester on the 5-th of February?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it though, it's just in case you miss your offer in summer
    Interview went well and it was actually quite an enjoyable day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbseh)
    Ooh I hope it went well for you today! I just got my interview offer today How was it?
    Good to hear, when are you going? Yeah it was quite an enjoyable day. Got to speak to other applicants more than the others I've been to. The interview was less relaxed than Lancaster but still wasn't a grilling

ReputationRep:
    Good to hear, when are you going? Yeah it was quite an enjoyable day. Got to speak to other applicants more than the others I've been to. The interview was less relaxed than Lancaster but still wasn't a grilling
    10th of January. The offered my this Saturday as well but that was too short notice! Ooh that sounds good, hopefully everyone was nice What was the question that you worked though?

ReputationRep:
    10th of January. The offered my this Saturday as well but that was too short notice! Ooh that sounds good, hopefully everyone was nice What was the question that you worked though?
    Seems ages away but its only just over a month! Good luck for it. Yeah thats very short notice lol. They were, fairy talkative too. I mentioned something to do with Rosetta & Philae when he asked me what I like about physics, because of the gravitational aspects and the mechanics. This then exposed mine and his lack of knowledge on the subject so we just started approximating how fast it might have been going, distance of Rosetta from the comet, size of them both etc. Wasn't a standard work through a calculation type thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen999)
    Interview went well and it was actually quite an enjoyable day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad to hear it!

ReputationRep:
    Yes got an offer to do MPhys astrophysics AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I've applied for too, about how long did they take to reply to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TPanda)
    That's what I've applied for too, about how long did they take to reply to you?
    Not long, they were my first offer, I think about 10 days after they received my UCAS form. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not long, they were my first offer, I think about 10 days after they received my UCAS form. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    About when did you send off your application? And what else did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Seems ages away but its only just over a month! Good luck for it. Yeah thats very short notice lol. They were, fairy talkative too. I mentioned something to do with Rosetta & Philae when he asked me what I like about physics, because of the gravitational aspects and the mechanics. This then exposed mine and his lack of knowledge on the subject so we just started approximating how fast it might have been going, distance of Rosetta from the comet, size of them both etc. Wasn't a standard work through a calculation type thing
    I know! That's worrying is I only have two weeks and four days of actually school time for prep etc. I've never done one before so I'm hoping for as much prep as possible from my teachers Oh okay, so it's completely dependant on what you talk about/what is brought up in the rest of the interview? Did you actually end up calculating anything or was is more of an explanation/approximation of what you would do?

ReputationRep:
    I know! That's worrying is I only have two weeks and four days of actually school time for prep etc. I've never done one before so I'm hoping for as much prep as possible from my teachers Oh okay, so it's completely dependant on what you talk about/what is brought up in the rest of the interview? Did you actually end up calculating anything or was is more of an explanation/approximation of what you would do?
    Ah you won't need that at all just know what you've written in your statement and be prepared to talk about it. Yeah its possibly dependant on that but not sure 100% - just don't mention anything you have no idea about and you should be ok. Nah didn't really calculate anything but mine mightve been different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TPanda)
    About when did you send off your application? And what else did you apply for?
    Middle of October. Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh and York 👍 what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Middle of October. Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh and York 👍 what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I sent off my application on the 7th of november, ive applied for MPhys everywhere of either astro, physics with astro or just physics in Cardiff, Surrey, Bath, Exeter and Swansea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have tips for preparing for Oxford interviews?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.