Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard from a firm for 7 weeks (they recruit on a rolling basis) and not really sure what to make of it. I also heard people applied a week earlier and have received invites to interview. Is 7 weeks a really long time to hear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    I've not heard from a firm for 7 weeks (they recruit on a rolling basis) and not really sure what to make of it. I also heard people applied a week earlier and have received invites to interview. Is 7 weeks a really long time to hear?
    What's the firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamalawstudent)
    Hey guys,

I've seen couple of people mentioning White&Case, has anyone heard back from them? I sent my application a whiiiiile ago and yet no reply. Does that mean I am rejected or they are just taking their time?
    Same here but for a TC! Hopefully, it's no news good news?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Have you done any psychometric testing or is it just an application?

7 weeks isn't out of the ordinary (your application could be on hold), but at the same time there could easily be a glitch in the system and you might just want to give them a call to check in with your application if you think other people have heard back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    What's the firm?
    It's Mishcon

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Dentons, Cleary, Bakers, or Slaughter and May for their summer vac schemes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Have you done any psychometric testing or is it just an application?

7 weeks isn't out of the ordinary (your application could be on hold), but at the same time there could easily be a glitch in the system and you might just want to give them a call to check in with your application if you think other people have heard back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the reply - it's just an application. I received all the confirmation emails but I know that someone submitted an application a week before mine and was offered an interview about 3/4 weeks ago. I only know of a few people that have heard back (but no rejections yet). I might just give them a call to see, as I have submitted an application through their system before and never heard anything (not training contract related).

ReputationRep:
    Is it best to email or phone with an enquiry to a firm regarding whether it is still worth me applying (I don't fulfil one element of their academic requirements)? I will be away tomorrow so the earliest I can phone would be Friday/Monday and I really want to start their application

ReputationRep:
    I think HSF (could be wrong)
    Yeah for HSF you're barred from applying if you're rejected at interview stage or fail the tests pre-interview.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Is it best to email or phone with an enquiry to a firm regarding whether it is still worth me applying (I don't fulfil one element of their academic requirements)? I will be away tomorrow so the earliest I can phone would be Friday/Monday and I really want to start their application
    Email is fine but you might not get a response until next week anyway. Calling will give you a quicker response (and is fine too)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply - it's just an application. I received all the confirmation emails but I know that someone submitted an application a week before mine and was offered an interview about 3/4 weeks ago. I only know of a few people that have heard back (but no rejections yet). I might just give them a call to see, as I have submitted an application through their system before and never heard anything (not training contract related).
    Sounds like they have you (and others) on hold. Just give them a call, it won't be an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Email is fine but you might not get a response until next week anyway. Calling will give you a quicker response (and is fine too)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! I will probably phone them.

(Original post by J-SP)
    Sounds like they have you (and others) on hold. Just give them a call, it won't be an issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, I will call them Sorry if this is an obvious question - do you happen to know why a firm places an applicant on hold?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I will probably phone them.

Thank you, I will call them Sorry if this is an obvious question - do you happen to know why a firm places an applicant on hold?
    Because they can. There can be many reasons why though. It might be that they don't know how many people they are going to recruit so how many they will the interview. It could also be that they want to see how the candidates already scheduled in for interview go first. But it could be as simple as a lack of resource in the team to review the applications at that time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only a couple more applications to do until I'm finished Then time to enjoy Christmas (and get on with revision unfortunately...)

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard from Slaughter and May regarding the Easter scheme yet? I know applications only closed last Friday, I'm not sure how quickly they usually start reviewing!

ReputationRep:
    Interview invitation from Freshfields

ReputationRep:
    Congraaaaats! When did you apply for them if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Because they can. There can be many reasons why though. It might be that they don't know how many people they are going to recruit so how many they will the interview. It could also be that they want to see how the candidates already scheduled in for interview go first. But it could be as simple as a lack of resource in the team to review the applications at that time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you - that is really helpful to know .

ReputationRep:
    Freshfields interview

ReputationRep:
    Snap - congratulations!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.