Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this helps... but I got my offer for IR 1 week after the 8-week email. Good luck to y'all applying, I hope you guys make it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luchiayin)
    I also recieved a 12 week one:s I recieved that on the 6st of Nov. (I sent mine on the 4th)
    Weird.. what course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FortunateKing)
    Not sure if this helps... but I got my offer for IR 1 week after the 8-week email. Good luck to y'all applying, I hope you guys make it
    Congratulations, something to be truly proud of! I think you're an exception as you're predicted 45/45 in the IB though aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabeth1996)
    I am!!!! finally a fellow contender hehehe !!!
    Are you applying to any other uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwl97)
    GCSE: 9A* 1A 1B
    AS: AAAB (maths, f.maths, physics and got the B in econ )
    A2 Predictions: A*A*AA (A*s in both maths)
    Don't worry too much about that B in econ, you seem like a strong candidate with your gcses and predictions.
    Did you talk about economic history a lot in your personal statement or was it gravitated mainly on economics with some econ history?

ReputationRep:
    of course! it's very unlikely LSE will accept me as i f*cked up my AS levels a bit. i've got an offer from exeter for economics and waiting for bristol, warwick, and nottingham you?
    got an offer from Bristol few weeks ago (im also applying to cambridge, warwick and ucl for just econ)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwl97)
    got an offer from Bristol few weeks ago
    well done! would it be your safe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael_96)
    Don't worry too much about that B in econ, you seem like a strong candidate with your gcses and predictions.
    Did you talk about economic history a lot in your personal statement or was it gravitated mainly on economics with some econ history?
    Mine was an 'economics' personal statement as Im applying for econ at other universities. But all the things I showed interest in was about econ history/related to it.

ReputationRep:
    well done! would it be your safe?
    Got an A*AA offer so prob not
    The perfect condition for me would be to have cambridge as firm and lse as insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwl97)
    Got an A*AA offer so prob not
    The perfect condition for me would be to have cambridge as firm and lse as insurance
    it defo would be good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    8A*s and 1A IGCSE, currently doing the IB... how are my chances looking?

ReputationRep:
    of course! it's very unlikely LSE will accept me as i f*cked up my AS levels a bit. i've got an offer from exeter for economics and waiting for bristol, warwick, and nottingham you?
    I got a B in maths and got an offer for maths and econ from Warwick and Nottingham.
    Was your PS good?
    Warwick and nottingham don't really care too much on your AS grades, a very good PS will get you offers.

ReputationRep:
    And are a lot of people here planning to firm LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CiaraVeliaAdele)
    8A*s and 1A IGCSE, currently doing the IB... how are my chances looking?
    Depends on what you're predicted for IB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    If I get rejected by Cambridge then Ill prob firm LSE even if its offer is the lowest compared to other universities Im applying for.

ReputationRep:
    How many people have gotten LSE offers for Economics so far? Worried my app isn't good enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    Deffinately! a guy i know at PwC said LSE on your CV is like a passport...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    Deffinately! a guy i know at PwC said LSE on your CV is like a passport...
    (Original post by jwl97)
    If I get rejected by Cambridge then Ill prob firm LSE even if its offer is the lowest compared to other universities Im applying for.
    LSE is the second lowest grade offer (if i get an offer) for me.
    I'll still probably take warwick or maybe imperial over LSE cos I prefer those two places and the maths in LSE is not as challenging as cambridge or those two..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    LSE is the second lowest grade offer (if i get an offer) for me.
    I'll still probably take warwick or maybe imperial over LSE cos I prefer those two places and the maths in LSE is not as challenging as cambridge or those two..
    What course are you applying for at imperial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oreoenthusiast)
    How many people have gotten LSE offers for Economics so far? Worried my app isn't good enough
    none that i saw for economics on the student room..what were your grades, if you don't mind me asking?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.