Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ1997)
    I'm an international applicant too (from India).
    I am flying to England for my interview, but I think there is one in Malaysia as well. You should email them and ask!
    Oh that will be great! I'm still trying to persuade my parents but I should definitely try to email them. Good luck with your interview, cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    there is one girl in my year that is from India and she had her interview in Malaysia. I think if you email Nottingham saying its hard for you to fly to UK just for couple of hours they will arrange something. Alternatively, you can send them your portfolio if this option is still aaible for nonUK applicants
    Is she applying this year? Do they offer MMI interviews in Malaysia as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegrasshopper)
    Hi guys,

I am an international student from Hong Kong currently studying the IB diploma. I received the invitation for interview from Nottingham earlier this week but my parents seem reluctant to let me fly to the UK for interview. Is there any other way that I can attend the interview? I personally would like to attend the interview on campus though, do you guys have any ideas that I can persuade my parents to let me go to the interview?

Thanks so much
    Hi, also an intl student from hk. can I know your stats?

ReputationRep:
    Have Nottingham released what their interview dates are going to for the remaining interview?

Also, any grads to A100 still waiting to hear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegrasshopper)
    Is she applying this year? Do they offer MMI interviews in Malaysia as well?
    No, she applied last year and is current med student. Ring Nottingh and ask if you can have it in China or Malaysia

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview, so happy! When I first checked the only date available was Feb 27 and all the time slots were gone.. They added more so now I have an interview March 30th. Gives me ages to prepare!

This is Nottingham's 1st year of using MMI, anyone know what sort of things the stations are about? Is it going to be various tasks to examine manual dexterity, how good you are at giving instructions etc etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiobhanO_)
    I got an interview, so happy! When I first checked the only date available was Feb 27 and all the time slots were gone.. They added more so now I have an interview March 30th. Gives me ages to prepare!

This is Nottingham's 1st year of using MMI, anyone know what sort of things the stations are about? Is it going to be various tasks to examine manual dexterity, how good you are at giving instructions etc etc?
    I know there is a role play station. I would assume maybe a PS, ethical, motivation for being a doctor and some sort of teamwork station also?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For anyone with an interview, do you know what 'signed passport photo' means? Do you have to sign it yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by captainrat)
    For anyone with an interview, do you know what 'signed passport photo' means? Do you have to sign it yourself?
    Absolutely no idea, it isn't mentioned anywhere else apart from the registration document which is odd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by captainrat)
    I think it's like when you first send off for a passport, a non relation who's known you a few years has to write 'I certify that this is a true likeness of X' and sign their name. My parish priest did mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyeyaye)
    Absolutely no idea, it isn't mentioned anywhere else apart from the registration document which is odd?
    I think it means you sign your name on the back of the photo, at least that's what I did and they were fine with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User:26758)
    Anyone have an interview on Friday at 11?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do!

ReputationRep:
    Still not sure- who signs the back of your passport photo? Is it meant to be that we sign it or someone else to supposedly confirm our identity???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaK45)
    Still not sure- who signs the back of your passport photo? Is it meant to be that we sign it or someone else to supposedly confirm our identity???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I signed my own and it was fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulagirl15)
    I signed my own and it was fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't have AS certificates can I bring my result sheet instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend4lyf)
    I don't have AS certificates can I bring my result sheet instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If your school don't certificate AS then that's probably fine but it might be worth phoning them up just in case- unless anyone on here has already taken just their results sheet and it's been fine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notthatquiet)
    If your school don't certificate AS then that's probably fine but it might be worth phoning them up just in case- unless anyone on here has already taken just their results sheet and it's been fine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For anybody else who doesn't have AS certificates, I called and they said a results sheet is fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend4lyf)
    For anybody else who doesn't have AS certificates, I called and they said a results sheet is fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks so much! Was planning on ringing them myself actually too haha :P

Has anyone noticed that it is snowing tomorrow in Nottingham? Hoping public transport won't be too badly affected :///

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.