Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    its all about pipes. Literally, only pipes
    What haha?! Pipes can be very interesting....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    2 of my friends are doing chemical engineering and they both wanna drop out. Apparently it has nothing to do with chemistry
    To be fair, I'm applying for Chem eng and almost everywhere I go after a bit of research, they say. 'This is not a Chemistry degree' Even at my Manchester interview day. They made it very explicit.

I send my best. What are they going to do now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph.S)
    To be fair, I'm applying for Chem eng and almost everywhere I go after a bit of research, they say. 'This is not a Chemistry degree' Even at my Manchester interview day. They made it very explicit.

I send my best. What are they going to do now?
    They will wait till exams and see. So far they had a designs project about creating a fountaine and a pipe before that (I guess). Apparently some English people (we are all EU applicants) found it extremely hard

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Child nursing at Nottingham! Has anybody got an offer yet?? And does anyone know why the undergraduate masters course in child nursing is no longer available?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for the Engineering foundation year, my predicted grades are BCC and they require BBC. Do you think I will get an offer and if anyone else has applied to to this course could you please let me know about your grades and the outcome?
    Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjy15)
    Wow, nice! Yeah hopefully ������ if it's like the Manchester course then we will be separated do you know how many places there are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've applied with predicted grades BBC, do you think I'll get an offer and what were your grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_Scofield)
    I've applied with predicted grades BBC, do you think I'll get an offer and what were your grades?
    Hi Michael, you should be fine. What are your subjects? I've got an offer for BBC and equivalent . My subjects are maths, chemistry and history. I achieved BBC and I'm predicted BBB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjy15)
    Hi Michael, you should be fine. What are your subjects? I've got an offer for BBC and equivalent . My subjects are maths, chemistry and history. I achieved BBC and I'm predicted BBB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wait..why are you doing a foundation year if you've got maths?

My subjects are Electronics, Business and Computing and I achieved BDD :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    Wait..why are you doing a foundation year if you've got maths?

My subjects are Electronics, Business and Computing and I achieved BDD :ashamed2:
    You need As to go straight on for the Chem eng degree at Nottingham. Alright which engineering do you want to do after the foundation year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh I thought foundation years are just for people that don't have the required subjects. I want to do Electrical and Electronic Engineering

ReputationRep:
    Oh I thought foundation years are just for people that don't have the required subjects. I want to do Electrical and Electronic Engineering
    At Manchester and Nottingham they allow people with any subjects. Ah nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    my bf does it! He finds it very interesting as long as he doesnt have to submit any courseworks hah which is arounf this time now

ReputationRep:
    Not seen any but anyone applying for American and Canadian studies? I've had 3 unconditional offers so far but Nottingham was one of my favs and haven't heard anything, starting to get worried, how long did people have to wait to hear back from humanities courses?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Modern Language Studies to study French, Portuguese and ab initio German. Any other language people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemmetakeaselfie)
    Woo, congrats! I also got an offer for Management but need to get AAB
    Congrats to you too!!! I think it's because my predicted grades are only ABB! What are your's?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for law!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im worried i applied a week ago for adult nursing and they've recieved my application but not responded. has anyone recieved any offers? or got interviews for nottingham, northumbria, leeds met or hull??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirstyzoie2008)
    Ive got my interview for adult nursing next week to start in sept 2015! X
    what are your predicted grades??

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for IR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydgidd)
    what are your predicted grades??
    Hi please don't worry about getting an interview it took a couple of weeks to get one for me. I don't have any predicted grades as already have qualifications what about you? Xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.