Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    Have no idea why people are saying it's so hard to get multiple offers.

If you're at a target it's not hard at all...:confused: most people I know who did S/Ws did more than one
    Does that mean non-targets get 0 :cry:

How many did you secure, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Does that mean non-targets get 0 :cry:

How many did you secure, out of interest?
    I do think it's a lot harder, unfortunately.

Applied to 11 (I think)
    3 offers
    Was in the process with a further 3 banks (ie has already had first round)
    Withdrew from the other 8 (including those I'd had interviews at) once I for my third offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do think it's a lot harder, unfortunately.

Applied to 11 (I think)
    3 offers
    Was in the process with a further 3 banks (ie has already had first round)
    Withdrew from the other 8 (including those I'd had interviews at) once I for my third offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    were you at a target, just out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    Have no idea why people are saying it's so hard to get multiple offers.

If you're at a target it's not hard at all...:confused: most people I know who did S/Ws did more than one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL I know, everyone I know who are at BB's at the moment did not have it as hard as people in this thread are making out, then again they all went to UCL, Oxford, Imperial, LSE etc.

ReputationRep:
    How many weeks in advance should I start preparing for the numerical tests? I've just started filling in applications at the moment but want some time to prepare. Btw which banks apart from GS dont do tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    were you at a target, just out of interest?
    Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaGeehkaal)
    How many weeks in advance should I start preparing for the numerical tests? I've just started filling in applications at the moment but want some time to prepare. Btw which banks apart from GS dont do tests?
    Rothschild and BNPP. You really shouldn't need that much preparation - a few hours will suffice with some bought practice material.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaGeehkaal)
    Depends on your background. If you're doing a quant subject, chances are after doing the practice questions pre-test you'll be ready to go.

If you're an arts student who has not done Maths since GCSE, then it might be a more bumpy road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutmeloose)
    Depends on your background. If you're doing a quant subject, chances are after doing the practice questions pre-test you'll be ready to go.

If you're an arts student who has not done Maths since GCSE, then it might be a more bumpy road.
    Sounds good, done a level maths and studying finance at uni.

ReputationRep:
    I know guys studying econ at LSE who got 0 SW offers. They also knew quite a lot about the industry - so much it was scary.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)
    Don't be put off, there was a guy last cycle who got five offers but there was literally only five other people like that out of thousands of applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I won't be put off, just need to work hard and hopefully it'll all pay off in the end. I always like a challenge and this should be a fun one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Oh I won't be put off, just need to work hard and hopefully it'll all pay off in the end. I always like a challenge and this should be a fun one!
    Best of luck - make sure you put plenty of research into your applications and certainly don't rush them, you have plenty of time at the moment
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck - make sure you put plenty of research into your applications and certainly don't rush them, you have plenty of time at the moment
    Thanks, I'm trying to do just that but with working full time and other commitments it's not all that easy, but I'm slowly but surely getting there as the days pass by.

I'm pretty sure I've seen you on the summer internship thread, so best of luck with your applications

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Do you guys know when the diversity events are held? Do you apply for those events after your uni starts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spark27)
    Hey

Do you guys know when the diversity events are held? Do you apply for those events after your uni starts?
    Apply to organisations such as SEO / Rare / Bright Network.

Some are starting real soon. Bright network is holding one on the 16th but I think it's filled up.

ReputationRep:
    Apply to organisations such as SEO / Rare / Bright Network.

Some are starting real soon. Bright network is holding one on the 16th but I think it's filled up.
    isn't SEO only for people from "under-represented and under-served" backgrounds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    isn't SEO only for people from "under-represented and under-served" backgrounds?
    Generally, yes.

ReputationRep:
    I think if I don't get a SW offer, I'll aim for big4 audit and live the rest of my life miserable :cry2:
    Last time i checked, Ed Woodward and all the other CFOs and c suite executives the big 4 have produced haven't had too much of a miserable life... and you think your life is going to be happy as an MD?

Baring in mind that if the company needs to make cuts, you will be one of the first to go if you're not a rainmaker

ReputationRep:
    Geez, I pity you if you actually feel that your life will be ruined by working for the Big 4.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question about CVs.

I've noticed on the Canary Wharfian site that everyone follows the same layout with regards to their CV?! (http://canarywharfian.co.uk/attachme...w-copy-pdf.48/) My current CV doesn't follow the same layout and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not...will they really want thousands of pretty much identical CVs...slightly repetitive and boring, no? Yes, the information will be different haha, but still?

Spoiler:
    Show
    x
    Your opinion would be greatly appreciated :giggle:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.