44.25%
    700-749
    23.45%
    750-799
    5.31%
    > 800
    8.41%

ReputationRep:
    so now they have the cut-off do they look at our A-Levels and GCSE scores and rank them? and then the top 600 or so get interviewed regardless of your ukcat as long as it is above the cut off?

ReputationRep:
    What emphasis do they put on AS grades??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After you meet the cut off? And personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)
    After you meet the cut off? And personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    as far as im aware they dont use ps

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll check if u meet the academic requirements and then call you for interview, and they'll only look at your ps at one of the stations at the MMI.
    Does anyone know whether they rank, and take the top eg 60% or do they invite everyone that meet the cut offs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beansontoast92)
    I think they'll check if u meet the academic requirements and then call you for interview, and they'll only look at your ps at one of the stations at the MMI.
    Does anyone know whether they rank, and take the top eg 60% or do they invite everyone that meet the cut offs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    on their website it said top 600 applicants so i'm assuming they're going to rank somehow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissfully)
    on their website it said top 600 applicants so i'm assuming they're going to rank somehow
    I'm not sure how they could rank, maybe rank the GCSE or they might have a secret scoring system for the academics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beansontoast92)
    I'm not sure how they could rank, maybe rank the GCSE or they might have a secret scoring system for the academics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeha i hope its not GCSEs as i'm only on like 450
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Yay, I meet their cut off :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    yeha i hope its not GCSEs as i'm only on like 450
    I just had a look on thier website and it says if u meet the minimum requirements (ie GCSEs, a levels, UKCAT etc), you will be called for interview.
    So I'm hoping that's correct atm😖😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yayay i passed the cutt off i rang them up and they sed if you have met there cutt off an minimimum academic requirements you will be called for an interview. No mention of top 600? maybe that is how many people made the cutt off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrissy96x)
    yayay i passed the cutt off i rang them up and they sed if you have met there cutt off an minimimum academic requirements you will be called for an interview. No mention of top 600? maybe that is how many people made the cutt off?
    So hopefully an interview is on its way !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the UKCAT cut off is based on the top 600. So they rank them by UKCAT and the top 600 or so UKCAT scores get their GCSEs etc assessed to check they meet those cut offs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Yay, I meet their cut off :awesome:
    Me too!!! 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollyMcFly1)
    I think the UKCAT cut off is based on the top 600. So they rank them by UKCAT and the top 600 or so UKCAT scores get their GCSEs etc assessed to check they meet those cut offs
    That doesn't sound many. How many applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiahinch)
    That doesn't sound many. How many applied?
    Around 1300 if I remember correctly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I don't think this is right, please provide a source.
    There is no way 50% of applicants to a medical school scored less that 630 in the UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    that sounds more correct actually, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hukdealz)
    I don't think this is right, please provide a source.
    There is no way 50% of applicants to a medical school scored less that 630 in the UKCAT

http://www.sgul.ac.uk/courses/underg...5/how-to-apply

UKCAT results released.
    Candidates selected for interview on basis of academic criteria and UKCAT thresholds - 500 in each section plus an overall score (to be established upon release of results for the whole applicant cohort – essentially top 600 selected for interview).

maybe no way that 50% have less than 630 but maybe that 50% don't have 416+ in gcse or 630 in ukcat or predicted AAA

ReputationRep:
    Are people's work experience letters just addressed 'dear sirs'? One of my volunteer placements asked me and micki Reagan hasn't replied

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.