Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarteeliax)
    Haha as I previously stated of course coming from a guy perspective it must be a positive thing but I'd favour the variety that's all; are you studying law singularly or law with criminology aswell ''

Posted from TSR Mobile
    will be studying law singularly, I was actually thinking of doing it with criminology or philosophy as well however, people say it's would be a disadvantage if you apply to law firms because it would show that you are only interested or suited for criminal law. so I just thought that I might as well study it purely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha bittersweet how you said that because I am actually interested in criminal law but I think we all will be in same lecture halls etc as all law students and then separate classes/seminar/lecture for our combined honours segment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha bittersweet how you said that because I am actually interested in criminal law but I think we all will be in same lecture halls etc as all law students and then separate classes/seminar/lecture for our combined honours segment

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh right either way, that's still great!! what you predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do you know the date we start applying for student finance? wow and criminal law is great, am more interested in family law haha. but just depends on the once I find interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steelman1000)
    do you know the date we start applying for student finance? wow and criminal law is great, am more interested in family law haha. but just depends on the once I find interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied yesterday now I just have to sign a form and send it to them and then let my mum do the rest and I guess that's it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steelman1000)
    are you a girl? trust me the ratio of boys to girls was about 1:10

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I am. But I thought I saw more boys than that, maybe my tutorial group was just an anomaly though. I also come from an all girls school - so any boys seems a lot aha.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I spoke to one of the lecturers about this on the open day. They have so many law students that they essentially run two sets of first year law lectures - one for straight LLB and another for combined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohlookitschloe)
    Yeah, I am. But I thought I saw more boys than that, maybe my tutorial group was just an anomaly though. I also come from an all girls school - so any boys seems a lot aha.
    hahaha wow !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, can i ask for anyone who has firmed liverpool... do you know how the accommodation process works? do you apply straight away once you have firmed and is there a deadline etc or is it first come first serve? Im really thinking of firming Liverpool but would leaving it too late wreck my chances of good accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed it about 2 months ago, applied for my accommodation and everything basically you register at https://liverpool-life.liv.ac.uk/ when the uni emails you about inviting you to apply for accommodation, you register then receive a special pin which you must wait for via email, after this you fill out the accommodation form and now all you do is wait....I consider myself one of the earliest people to start this whole UCAS process from applying right to accommodation and I'm yet to here anything so I really have no idea?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll be singularly studying Law without any additions to it.

It's very, very unlikely that I will even consider Liverpool though now I received all offers.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I have just received an invitation to an open day at Liverpool but I cannot attend. Do I necessarily have to decline all the event dates they set up for me on my page or can I just not reply?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Yeah, the University of Liverpool is my first choice

I need three A's and I've been predicted three A*'s so I'm happy ^.^ Off to study Zoology hopefully!

Anyone else hoping to study zoology?

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed it about 2 months ago, applied for my accommodation and everything basically you register at https://liverpool-life.liv.ac.uk/ when the uni emails you about inviting you to apply for accommodation, you register then receive a special pin which you must wait for via email, after this you fill out the accommodation form and now all you do is wait....I consider myself one of the earliest people to start this whole UCAS process from applying right to accommodation and I'm yet to here anything so I really have no idea?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what do you have to fill out in the form? is it your top choice and an insurance or??

ReputationRep:
    Your details obviously it's my number one

ReputationRep:
    Your details obviously it's my number one
    no i mean when you apply for accomadation at liverpool, how many choices do you have to put down e.g. if you wanted to stay in vine court would you only put that down or do you have to put other choices on in case you dont get in? dont know if that makes sense lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evg_rad)
    no i mean when you apply for accomadation at liverpool, how many choices do you have to put down e.g. if you wanted to stay in vine court would you only put that down or do you have to put other choices on in case you dont get in? dont know if that makes sense lol
    I just applied for accommodation, you have to put three choices down in order of preference I went for Carnatic halls, rather than campus halls though

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the University to e-mail you about accomodation - I firmed Liverpool two days ago, and have had nothing as of yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMullen95)
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the University to e-mail you about accomodation - I firmed Liverpool two days ago, and have had nothing as of yet
    took about two weeks after I got an offer, it's gonna be my insurance tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMullen95)
    It took them around 1 and a half week, after they gave me an offer last year and I've still not firmed it yet Although, I've already applied to the accommodation because I'm most likely firming it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.