ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixdigits)
    Yeah it definitely is, I start on the 5th which is a Friday
    Yeah same, pretty pointless starting on a Friday
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    aha me too....will gradually knock it back by an hour every day till i get to 7 Going to take a week :mmm:
    Mine might take more than a week :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iceman5363)
    Yeah same, pretty pointless starting on a Friday
    Starting on a Friday is so dumb, is it inset days or something?

And I've just realised I start properly on the Thursday, since we have a day on the Wednesday which is completely pointless, you have to go see your form tutor for 10 minutes, set yourself some targets (which are forgotten about afterwards) and then you can leave again. Any other schools do this or is it another of mine's odd ideas?

Oh and by high school I meant secondary school, is it just in my area that all the schools are called high schools rather than secondary schools haha?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    Mine might take more than a week :mmm:
    phahaaha, good luck with that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekip)
    Starting on a Friday is so dumb, is it inset days or something?

And I've just realised I start properly on the Thursday, since we have a day on the Wednesday which is completely pointless, you have to go see your form tutor for 10 minutes, set yourself some targets (which are forgotten about afterwards) and then you can leave again. Any other schools do this or is it another of mine's odd ideas?

Oh and by high school I meant secondary school, is it just in my area that all the schools are called high schools rather than secondary schools haha?
    At my school the year 7's start on the Thursday and then everyone else starts on the Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadine_08)
    When do you guys start school? I start on the 3rd.
    The 2nd. Year 7 and 11 have to go then and everyone else goes on the 3rd:mad:

ReputationRep:
    My school has a day like that too except it's the middle of the year some time, if we don't go they count it as bunking off

ReputationRep:
    I start on the 2nd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathalieGW)
    I start on the 2nd
    Mine starts on the 3rd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archaeologist)
    Mine starts on the 3rd
    The day of me

ReputationRep:
    Wow you got to choose loads of things
    Well, a language is compulsory at my school and also, we had to choose between long course RE or long course PE so obv I chose long course RE cus I'm lazy So basically, two of them weren't really my choice..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marii101)
    Not really, but I'm not dreading it either. I don't think it'll be that much different from Year 10 tbh. What about you?
    At my school, my teachers are probably going to exaggerate it so much and scare us all, so I think it is gonna be pretty different from year 10. And also, I'm going to have loads of new teachers, including my form tutor. I think I am kind of looking forward to it though, getting bored of this holiday.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathalieGW)
    The day of me
    The day after yours? You got all your stationery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martie08)
    I start on the 3rd too - Y7 and 12 go back on the 2nd though. Not looking forward to having my school picture taken; they always do it on the first day when I look the worst!!
    Yeah, same thing at my school.
    My school don't even tell us when we're going to have our pictures taken so we just turn up to school and get an ugly picture taken which is put up on SIMS for everyone to laugh at every time the teacher clicks on it. So at least you know that you're having your picture taken on the first day back and you can prepare yourself for it!:bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    At my school, my teachers are probably going to exaggerate it so much and scare us all, so I think it is gonna be pretty different from year 10. And also, I'm going to have loads of new teachers, including my form tutor. I think I am kind of looking forward to it though, getting bored of this holiday.:rolleyes:
    Teachers are like that everywhere tbh.:rolleyes: Just don't let it get to you. I don't, believe me. I've already done 6 GCSEs so I'd like to think that I'll be able to handle the rest that I'll be doing next year Having new teachers, especially in Year 11 when feeling able to approach your teachers freely, is annoying. Hopefully you'll have great teachers that will support you. Surprisingly I haven't gotten bored of this holiday yet! I just seem to have a million ways to entertain myself.

ReputationRep:
    Well, a language is compulsory at my school and also, we had to choose between long course RE or long course PE so obv I chose long course RE cus I'm lazy So basically, two of them weren't really my choice..
    Oh fair enough, a language is compulsory at mine too. :\ And I wish I had that option, I have to do both full course RS and PE which sucks. I'm lazy too, I'd go with RS haha! :P

And I have a new form tutor too, my old one was made redundant - everybody was in tears on the last day since we've had him since Year 7. I guess it'll be different for me too.

ReputationRep:
    At my school the year 7's start on the Thursday and then everyone else starts on the Friday
    That's kind of similar to us, but the year 7s (and I think the people starting 6th form...) start on Tuesday afternoon and we all start on Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, same thing at my school.
    My school don't even tell us when we're going to have our pictures taken so we just turn up to school and get an ugly picture taken which is put up on SIMS for everyone to laugh at every time the teacher clicks on it. So at least you know that you're having your picture taken on the first day back and you can prepare yourself for it!:bigsmile:
    Eek, not good!

Really? All my teachers are the same, they usually keep teachers the same from Y10 through Y11 for continuity (unless they leave ofc). I'm looking forward to it a bit too, I'm so bored! School gives me a bit of structure to be honest. And I doubt it'll be that much more stressful than Y10, except perhaps in the lead up to mocks and exams.

ReputationRep:
    Oh fair enough, a language is compulsory at mine too. :\ And I wish I had that option, I have to do both full course RS and PE which sucks. I'm lazy too, I'd go with RS haha! :P

And I have a new form tutor too, my old one was made redundant - everybody was in tears on the last day since we've had him since Year 7. I guess it'll be different for me too.
    We have compulsory languages but not RS or PE. We do RE but it isn't examined. My old form tutor left in Y9 because of a *****y teacher but I won't go into that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archaeologist)
    The day after yours? You got all your stationery?
    I ordered all my stationary from WHSmiths, and then a few days later, I got a notebook, that I didn't order, and the invoice was to a completely different person! So I've emailed them, pissed off.:mad:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.