OCR Physics A G485 - Frontiers of Physics - 18th June 2015 Watch

L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by a123a)
Same! I know I didn't even think about resonance as it said amplitude was constant. But I'm guessing I misread it. I would say this paper was similar to last years paper in difficultly. So I'm guessing similar grade boundaries.
Yeah exactly same as me.

We did last year's paper as a mock in January, and I got an A* without doing stuff for it, so I think this paper was dodgier just because of first and second questions.
a123a
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
Yeah exactly same as me.

We did last year's paper as a mock in January, and I got an A* without doing stuff for it, so I think this paper was dodgier just because of first and second questions.
Yeah exactly.
sagar448
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Had so many exams, forgotten a lot of G485, anyone know an easier way to just remember everything again?
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
(Original post by sagar448)
Had so many exams, forgotten a lot of G485, anyone know an easier way to just remember everything again?
Just do a paper
Username13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whats the significance of CMBR being at 2.7K?
Red Fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol I'm so ****ed for this. I need 140+ UMS too.
Engineering Lad
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Username13)
Whats the significance of CMBR being at 2.7K?
It's evidence of the Big Bang, because the temperature corresponds to the 2.7K predicted by the Big Bang model and the cooling of the universe to this temperature would suggest an expansion over billions of years.
Chung224
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yes boys.... i gotta get 135/150 to secure my A grade... Anyone got some suggestions
sagar448
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just do a paper
Oisee, yes thanks. :3
LilDurk
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does the stability of a nucleus just depend on the relative numberof neutrons and protons? Cheers.
Chung224
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LilDurk)
Does the stability of a nucleus just depend on the relative numberof neutrons and protons? Cheers.
no.. good question though if you look at the fission/fusion graph the binding energy will increase up to iron but then decrease past iron, i'm suggesting it has something to do with the electron configuration of elements maybe? either way that's a pretty saucy question if they were gonna ask that.
seizetoday
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello people. Hope you are all well.

My question is this:

Why does the force act at right angles to the velocity of the electron in a uniform field? I get that F=Bev but why does it go in a circular path why
thanks
seizetoday
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sagar448)
same((((((((
sagar448
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It would be great if someone could help me with June 2013 Q6cii

Thanks.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chung224)
no.. good question though if you look at the fission/fusion graph the binding energy will increase up to iron but then decrease past iron, i'm suggesting it has something to do with the electron configuration of elements maybe? either way that's a pretty saucy question if they were gonna ask that.
Pretty sure it does?
Chung224
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Pretty sure it does?
could you explain?
kate8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was told that iron has the ideal ratio of neutrons to protons for the strong nuclear forces to act and so is therefore the most stable. Don't know if thats right or not tho
Engineering Lad
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by seizetoday)
Hello people. Hope you are all well.

My question is this:

Why does the force act at right angles to the velocity of the electron in a uniform field? I get that F=Bev but why does it go in a circular path why
thanks
The direction of the force on electrons as they move through a magnetic field is given by Fleming's left hand rule. By virtue of this, when a charged particle enters a uniform magnetic field at a right angle, the constant force (F=BQv) applied to the charged particle is always perpendicular to the particle's motion (and the field direction). Since the electromagnetic force, BQv, is perpendicular to the motion, it is effectively a centripetal force and it does no work on the particle. It only causes centripetal acceleration v^2/r, which results in the particle describing a circular path.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
could you explain?
I thought if a nucleus is too proton or neutron rich, it decays, and releases the relevant ****

So an alpha particle or beta particle
sagar448
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It would be great if someone could help me with June 2013 Q6cii
Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.62%
No - but I will (19)
5.69%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (161)
48.2%

Watched Threads