Lancaster Offer Holders 2015 Watch

ChrisKnott
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by murr_x)
Yeph i emailed them last night. And thank you, I shall let you know if I hear anything as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me and my friend both got emails on results day about it. We both got the exact accommodation we asked for but they did say on the results day email that it could take up to a week or two to contact everyone about the accommodation. They've probably spread it out so not everyone goes onto the website at the same time. I'm not sure if you experienced the accommodation website when they first emailed everyone about applying but it took us like 4 hours to finally apply for our accommodation because of the loading problems.
murr_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ChrisKnott)
Me and my friend both got emails on results day about it. We both got the exact accommodation we asked for but they did say on the results day email that it could take up to a week or two to contact everyone about the accommodation. They've probably spread it out so not everyone goes onto the website at the same time. I'm not sure if you experienced the accommodation website when they first emailed everyone about applying but it took us like 4 hours to finally apply for our accommodation because of the loading problems.
Oh, I haven't applied for accommodation as il be commuting. All I did was choose two colleges that they emailed us to do .. And that was it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
k3marty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi does anyone know when we actually find out our room numbers etc
Thanks
Hayley Williams
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by k3marty)
Hi does anyone know when we actually find out our room numbers etc
Thanks
I've just put my deposit down, and it didn't really give any indication apart from the type of accommodation/college. I suppose we'll find out on the day, i presume
Lorox
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yup, you'll be given your exact room on arrival day, but if you know the college/room type you can work out roughly where you'll be.
Bobaev
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hopefulbunny)
Maths. I can't find a thread for maths?
there are 10 core modules. It looks as if they are all examined in the summer. How many modules are being studied at the same time? I hold an offer in clearing but haven't had time to do much research. Any words of wisdom and advice would be very welcome.Thanks.
Hi, I'm going into my second year at Lancaster studying maths , I'd I'd have to say I've really loved it ! So structure wise there are 2 massive modules that are comprised of five sub modules each (so the ten you talk about). You study two modules at a time from maths every five weeks (one from the each big module). There are end of years for each module but 50% of each of the ten sub modules is made up from "coursework". This consists of work during the five weeks (written and online) and a small test at the end of the five (this is easier than the end of year , so don't worry ) it's easy to get the marks from this during the year ! I really hope this helps
murr_x
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lorox)
Yup, you'll be given your exact room on arrival day, but if you know the college/room type you can work out roughly where you'll be.
So how do others know which college they're in? O_o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lorox
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So how do others know which college they're in? O_o
I can't actually remember the dates of each stage of the process, but if you will know your accomodation type, and by extension the college you're in, before you arrive. The actual room itself isn't assigned until move in weekend, though.
gcella
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone here for m.sc e biz and innovation
Cal_Fitz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I'm going to Lancaster to read Maths with Stats, and I have accommodation in Furness. Anyone else know they're in Furness??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nerdy_Birdy96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in Furness

Posted from TSR Mobile
murr_x
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Had anyone got their timetable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
RDB97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. I'm in a group chat on Facebook and everyone's is blank.
murr_x
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've got it. Go on timetabke on the website ilancaster after you've logged in. And change the date to October?

My time table is weird..
Have lectures 1hour a day.
4 hours a week am in 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yellow2914
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've got it. Go on timetabke on the website ilancaster after you've logged in. And change the date to October?

My time table is weird..
4 hours a week am in 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah, I have 3h 30m a week
murr_x
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Yellow636)
yeah, I have 3h 30m a week
Oh wow made me feel better!
What course you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yellow2914
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh wow made me feel better!
What course you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Accounting and finance
Hayley Williams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes i have, you should go onto lancaster uni portal to find it
Hayley Williams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

My time table is weird..
4 hours a week am in 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only four hours? I have 8 hours of lectures a week, plus workshops and labs which haven't been timetabled yet Your so lucky
amyof
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Soo annoyed! The economics lectures aren't even in the management school! I was looking forward to studying there I loved it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads