Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2209)
    Does anyone here know how the College Composition Fee works? I'm reading it through, but I'm confused as to who pays it, how much it is, and how it relates to tuition fees

Also, I'm currently holding an offer for Queen's for Engineering, A*A*A, after being pooled from Pembroke
    Congrats! Best of luck.

I'm not sure if I'm answering the question you're asking, but what I seem to understand from my college is that I pay the uni the standard rate (9000/year), and they pay the college fees for me with that, so basically you just end up paying the usual amount to the university, as with anywhere else (I think!). Unless I have misunderstood your question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navo D.)
    Track just updated...

Offer for Magdalene BioNatSci!
    A*A*A*A with A* in bio and chem and either of fm or phys
    This is late I know but I just saw this.. Congrats see I knew you would get it my mum said you looked really smart at interview so she called it just saying :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubisco)
    This is late I know but I just saw this.. Congrats see I knew you would get it my mum said you looked really smart at interview so she called it just saying :cool:
    Thanks! And lmaooooo that's a first I think I saw her again at the TSA venue and there was this awkward head nod exchange

So what subjects are you planning to take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navo D.)
    Thanks! And lmaooooo that's a first I think I saw her again at the TSA venue and there was this awkward head nod exchange

So what subjects are you planning to take?
    Heheh Im thinking Cells, Chemistry, Physiology and Mathematical Biology- Im guessing you would be pretty similar except for the maths? (all these damn math geniuses on this thread..)

ReputationRep:
    I just got my Trinity Hall offer for Nat Sci. Got an offer of A*AA, which for me should be a walk in the park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allypetal)
    I didn't get pooled but when I got my offer letter it said join the official offer holders group 2015 on Facebook - there isn't one 😂 I feel sorry for murray edwards, I chose it first time and loved it! Annoys me about the snobbery of some people already on the general offer holders page, I actually preferred it to the older more traditional colleges which is why I applied :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's one now: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MEofferholders2015/

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! Got an offer for St.Johns Medicine, 3As (I'm from Singapore) Any other St. Johns med offers around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2209)
    Does anyone here know how the College Composition Fee works? I'm reading it through, but I'm confused as to who pays it, how much it is, and how it relates to tuition fees

Also, I'm currently holding an offer for Queen's for Engineering, A*A*A, after being pooled from Pembroke
    If I recall correctly, the college fee is only paid by international or UK students who don't get tuition fee loans. It helps with the upkeep of the college and generally subsidising things; see here

ReputationRep:
    Yay I can finally join this thread!!

Could someone please send me the links for the offer holders groups for St John's and for natural sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aersh8)
    Yay I can finally join this thread!!

Could someone please send me the links for the offer holders groups for St John's and for natural sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/732735766834627/

and

https://www.facebook.com/groups/378316362339464/

Full house haha! Hope to see you on there soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Is My Swamp)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/732735766834627/

and

https://www.facebook.com/groups/378316362339464/

Full house haha! Hope to see you on there soon
    Thanks!! You too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyyyy)
    I did M2 last year and im doing S3 this year (both on edexcel) and personally I'd go for M2. It was probably the hardest module I did last year (that or C4) but it was a lot more interesting than I'm currently finding S3. Then again I dropped physics at gcse so it was all new interesting stuff while a lot of S3 overlaps with A2 Biology which makes it more boring for me. There are massive amounts of hypothesis testing though so if thats what you enjoy then maybe you'll like it. M2 was basically just advanced M1 so if you didn't like M1 don't do M2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Do fp2 or m3. Sick modules.
    Ahh I might try and learn both and decide which I enjoy most, then. I feel like I've invested in S3 because I bought a textbook haha. I realise how dull hypothesis testing is, but I find it such a relaxing process hahaha. I don't love M1 tbh. I'll try it anyway though as I think I'm better at m1 than s2!
    I can't do M3 physicsmaths! Havent even done m2 yet I might have a look at FP2

Thanks guys!!

ReputationRep:
    UCAS just updated :woo:

ReputationRep:
    ucas has updated. officially not a mistake !!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many lectures/lessons/supervisions a week are there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubisco)
    Heheh Im thinking Cells, Chemistry, Physiology and Mathematical Biology- Im guessing you would be pretty similar except for the maths? (all these damn math geniuses on this thread..)
    Cells and Chem for sure, dunno about the third one. And yeah probably doing Maths A GL with getting your grades and stuff

ReputationRep:
    UCAS updated, so it isn't just a mistake after all then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Do fp2 or m3. Sick modules.
    M3 is sick?
    Whoa m2 just looks cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamishLloydBarnz)
    I just got my Trinity Hall offer for Nat Sci. Got an offer of A*AA, which for me should be a walk in the park.
    Congrats! Wow they must've loved you!

ReputationRep:
    Lol am I the only who hasn't had ucas updated

Thankfully I know mine wasn't a mistake thanks to Mr Admissions tutor personally confirming my offer :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.