Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette;[url="tel:55920933")
    55920933[/url]]Lucky you have Mr Bruff to help you
    Yep and I am glad because they are the only poems he does, he has amazing analysis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffiee)
    Yep and I am glad because they are the only poems he does, he has amazing analysis
    Does he have 36/36 answers for everything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    You can't predict the poems. All the poems that could have come up had already come up, unless they decide to test us on the previously Foundation Tier only poems.

I'm doing Character and Voice.
    Same- know any good revision websites?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Palette;[url="tel:55921031"]55921031[/url]]Does he have 36/36 answers for everything?[/QUOT

He gives you an A* analysis of all the poems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate34)
    Same- know any good revision websites?
    I must have looked at a bunch of them when I did poetry analysis a month ago, but I forgot all the links.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Saffiee;55921115]
    (Original post by Palette;[url="tel:55921031")
    55921031[/url]]Does he have 36/36 answers for everything?[/QUOT

He gives you an A* analysis of all the poems
    Do you think it'll be worth it to look at his videos and do the wrong cluster of poems for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Palette;[url="tel:55921163"]55921163[/url]]
    (Original post by Saffiee;[url="tel:55921115")
    55921115[/url]]

Do you think it'll be worth it to look at his videos and do the wrong cluster of poems for the exam?
    Is the cluster that you do is hard, can u even do that haha u probably can and I would if I found it easier as i didn't really know anything about any of the poems till I watched his vids 😀

ReputationRep:
    For OMAM part B, I only wrote about the character Candy, am I limiting myself from gaining marks?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Saffiee;55921211]
    (Original post by Palette;[url="tel:55921163")
    55921163[/url]]

Is the cluster that you do is hard, can u even do that haha u probably can and I would if I found it easier as i didn't really know anything about any of the poems till I watched his vids 😀
    How long is each video on Relationships Poetry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    I must have looked at a bunch of them when I did poetry analysis a month ago, but I forgot all the links.
    lol- i need to do well on this exam to make up for unit 1 exam :/

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Palette;[url="tel:55921319"]55921319[/url]]
    (Original post by Saffiee;[url="tel:55921211")
    55921211[/url]]

How long is each video on Relationships Poetry?
    It's different for each one some are 20 minutes some are 12 mins and some are 6 mins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acirar;[url="tel:55921317")
    55921317[/url]]For OMAM part B, I only wrote about the character Candy, am I limiting myself from gaining marks?
    Probably because you have to talk about the other ranch workers I talked about candy and theme of loneliness, curleys wife and how Steinbeck used structure her name significance and prejudice and crooks and his possessions and fate. Also about how Steinbeck already tells us the brutality for loneliness through the words Soledad and the name of the book

ReputationRep:
    Probably not because you barely had to talk about the quote mostly the other views of him 😀
    For 'other views' can you include Priestley's view and anticipate the audience's view as well as talking about the view of the other characters?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Saffiee;55921349]
    (Original post by Palette;[url="tel:55921319")
    55921319[/url]]

It's different for each one some are 20 minutes some are 12 mins and some are 6 mins
    How long did they take you to watch in total?

ReputationRep:
    I started talking about the brush in the OMAM part B, will I get credit, or does it have to be specifically 'on the ranch'. I thought it meant just in the book in general :/

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Palette;[url="tel:55921511"]55921511[/url]]
    (Original post by Saffiee;[url="tel:55921349")
    55921349[/url]]

How long did they take you to watch in total?
    I'm not sure because me and my sister split up the poems we did half each on the notes then photocopied them. I think you should do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'Chris';[url="tel:55922231")
    55922231[/url]]I started talking about the brush in the OMAM part B, will I get credit, or does it have to be specifically 'on the ranch'. I thought it meant just in the book in general :/
    What about the brush and what other things did u talk about?

ReputationRep:
    What about the brush and what other things did u talk about?
    The Heron and the snake, the cyclical structure :/ (obviously with developed points). I also talked about Crooks' spine (but he's on the ranch so I'm fine there). Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'Chris';[url="tel:55922371")
    55922371[/url]
    ]The Heron and the snake, the cyclical structure :/ (obviously with developed points). I also talked about Crooks' spine (but he's on the ranch so I'm fine there). Wbu?
    That's good u probably needed to talk about the other characters a bit and themes

ReputationRep:
    Is writing about Candys dog and curleys wife for section b, okay?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.