Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Hellfireunicorn)
    Not so much a view but I'd like to die of cancer or something that's degenerative but takes a long time. So I know when I'll die
    I've lost at leasat three relatives to cancer. I've sat and watched one of them die, slowly. (I was too young to remember of them die) I can't understand why you'd want to die of cancer? It's horrible. It's a ****ing painful way to go. Oh, and you don't know when you're going to die. One was given a year to live. He lived about 8 months. He died of a chest infection. It was slow and painful. My mum had to sit and watch the man who raised her, die.

What a absolutely ****ty thing to say. The treatments are horrible. You lose your hair, (ok, he didn't have much anyway) the hospital stays, the constant risk of infections, the chemo and the side effects. He spent the best part of the last 4 years not being able to eat the majority of foods and was tube fed and was also given some drinks (similar to slimfast I guess) because he couldn't swallow most foods. He had to learn how to eat again. He ate mostly pureed foods. He couldn't eat out and it took him forever to eat a small plate of food.

My mum is a carer for a man who is dying of a degenerative disease that will eventually kill him. He's bed bound and can't do anything for himself. He can't even go toilet without help. Why on earth would you want that FFS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggMayo)
    I like Nigel Farage
    Not that controversial, plenty of stupid people like Nigel Farage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    And yet prisons around the country are doing a great job,right?
    Such prisoners should be locked up for 23hours a day and serve a minimum of 15 years
    I think prisons right now are doing a **** job, and even worse once the prisoners are out as its extremely hard for them to get a job and a whole host of other things needed to settle down into society.

So...you basically think prisoners like that should basically be tortured for at least 15 years. What about when those 15 years are up? Do you think after being repeatedly abused, locked up for 23hrs a day and repeatedly raped that these prisoners won't reoffend when out? If you think they won't you are delusional and I question your intelligence.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Ignitus7)
    Equestrian Sports should be banned.
    I think all sports involving animals should be banned.

ReputationRep:
    reverse racism is a lie

ReputationRep:
    Extreme obesity is a spectrum of mental illness in the same way as anorexia.

And no, i'm not fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Extreme obesity is a spectrum of mental illness in the same way as anorexia.

And no, i'm not fat.
    Its called binge eating disorder, its already recognised. However its more than just being overweight or even obese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    You can take our lives but you'll never take our alcohol. What exactly is the point in increasing the age limit for alcohol?

Do you not think that bringing back the cane could have its problems? When I was in school I was punished once or twice for things I didn't even do. Not only that, but there are an awful lot of teachers I just wouldn't trust with the cane.
    alcohol related deaths is highest amongst young people. it would also stop stupid mistakes young people commit and then use alcohol as an excuse for (cheating, violence etc.). same could be said for older adults but they're more responsible (generally)

yes it could have its problems but it would instil better behaviour in students (esp high school students). i went to school in africa and the discipline their and the work ethic of the students (compared to the UK) is incredible
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by LadyMede)
    I don't really like nandos

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I find it to be pretty average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyGirl101)
    alcohol related deaths is highest amongst young people. it would also stop stupid mistakes young people commit and then use alcohol as an excuse for (cheating, violence etc.). same could be said for older adults but they're more responsible (generally)
    Why is that a reason to restrict alcohol even further? It will not stop idiots from getting alcohol through other means and being idiots, it only tends to restrict responsible people. We have underage drinkers today, and that's when the age limit is 18. Education is the key, restricting it just makes it more attractive to certain types of people.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why people are offended by the thought of eating dogs or cats. I see it as perfectly fine and extremeley hypocritical of those who consume other animals and argue that animals are all "equal". #EATDOG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe Buffay)
    1) That measures should be taken to severely restrict the sale of cigarettes and alcohol in this country.

2) There is no 'war' on drugs.

3) We should reintroduce the death penalty.

These are 3 of mine.
    Lisa Kudrow would be disgusted with you

ReputationRep:
    spreading butter on bread is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD8897)
    that we should let Darwin's survival of the fittest actually happen
    But you're stupid, so you would die embarrassing fast..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castro Saint)
    All drugs need to be legalised.

The monarchy needs to end.
    Not the monarchy :'( why ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    I don't see why people are offended by the thought of eating dogs or cats. I see it as perfectly fine and extremeley hypocritical of those who consume other animals and argue that animals are all "equal". #EATDOG
    First of all I have never met a person who was not vegetarian that had the entire all animals are equal view. Second, at least I think, it isn't so much that people offended by the thought of eating cats and dogs, they are offended by the though of eating their cat or dog or their friends cat or dog....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    1. Prison life should be near the point of unbearable for people that have committed severe crimes. Murderers should be confined in small cells for 24 hours a day, and never see the light of day. Murderers being deprived of all privileges seems like a necessity to me, yet they often get to roam about with fellow murders playing some prison version of hopscotch. No. Their lives should each be a complete misery. But there are these things called human rights that get in the way of this. I have only one question: WHY SHOULD A MURDERER RETAIN HUMAN RIGHTS?
    Why would you want that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    I agree with 50% of your views
    Yeah we should keep the monarchy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin-9970)
    spreading butter on bread is disgusting.
    For real butter I agree but I have a taste for margarine... What do think of that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Not the monarchy :'( why ?
    A complete uniformed and ignorant view but is it needed? What does the royal family even do? Why are we paying for them to do nothing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.