The Student Room Group

AQA maths core 1, 13th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

T
Original post by HistoryStudent1
You needed to do 54 minus 108/5 which would give you 162/5 or 32.4

Thats what I got, i always struggle with that question
Original post by omarkhatri
Hi all, im currently studying A2. Ive heard a mixture of how people found the paper in my college. 90% of people were talking about that cylinder qs,
if you remember any of the questions, im here if you want me to give you an answer

I would just like to clarify I put 648/30 as the answer to the intergation between two points which is the same as 108/5
Reply 602
Original post by Sharkindustries
Are you sure you are right??? Most of your answers match mine apart from 1c,3bi and bii

What did you get for 1c? I got some horrible looking fractions
Anyone do Edexcel?
Reply 604
Original post by Freyk2
I got 54 for the area of the trapezium so 270/5-108/5=162/5

was it a trapezium or triangle ???

It was a trapezium haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Add me on whatsap i will tell u solutions for cylinder question 07931364202
Original post by SunDun111
I would just like to clarify I put 648/30 as the answer to the intergation between two points which is the same as 108/5

Yeah don't worry, if 648/30 is the right value youll still get the marks
Reply 607
Original post by Guls
Did you say your line went through/cut the origin and touched x=3 only, because if you did I did that that aswell.

x^2(x-3) there is a repeating root at x = 0, and it passes through x = 3
so it touches x = 0 not goes through.
Pretty sure Q6a (i)(ii) was only worth a total of 5 marks, also didn't mention n=7 for Q2 will I lose a mark?
Well I did a load of past papers for core 1, all had seven questions. Got to the exam and left without doing question 8 so nobody will have done as bad as me:colondollar:
Reply 610
*turns to the cylinder question page*

Reply 611
For the circle question did it say to write the radius in the form n root something because I have just read that the equation was in the form (x-a)^2 + (y-b)^2 = d which would mean that the diameter was 50 so the radius would just be 25?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ozan is gay
What sort of UMS do you guys reckon 67 will be?
Original post by l1lvink
I also think the OP has written the answer to 8a incorrectly as I remember it being 13-k or k-13 (can't remember which of the two was negative anymore

It should be ...+ 13 - k =0

Original post by Saundro

A(9,-4)
Original post by NSutton23
Pretty sure Q6a (i)(ii) was only worth a total of 5 marks, also didn't mention n=7 for Q2 will I lose a mark?

Number of marks per question don't really matter that much and as for the n=7 if you'd bothered to look at any page of this thread you'd see the answer (spoiler: no, you don't lose a mark if you don't say it).
Original post by Saundro

I used simultaneous equations for line AB and AC.
You multiply by 2 and 3 then get 19y=-76 or something like that meaning y = -4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redherring18
What sort of UMS do you guys reckon 67 will be?

Somewhere in the 90's I'd say, impossible to say where exactly.

Original post by student0042
It should be ...+ 13 - k =0

That's it, cheers.
Original post by l1lvink
Number of marks per question don't really matter that much and as for the n=7 if you'd bothered to look at any page of this thread you'd see the answer (spoiler: no, you don't lose a mark if you don't say it).

Personally I would say that marks per question matter. People who are on this thread obviously are trying to see how many marks they have lost. If the marks for each question are wrong there is no point in creating the mark scheme.
Original post by l1lvink
Somewhere in the 90's I'd say, impossible to say where exactly.

Hmm yes I hope so! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending