Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcses2015)
    Yeah I talked about the structure (the way one poem was split into stanzas whereas the other one wasn't). I seriously didn't know what I was talking about. This really wasn't the best paper I've done. :/ Hope the grade boundaries are low.
    Me too man, those were harsh. Predicting 15 to 16 for an A* on this one hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennethdcharles)
    I spoke about when lennie said i aint gonna say a word, their escape plan incase of trouble, and i cant remember the last one
    Did you write a conclusion for the extract question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    Me too man, those were harsh. Predicting 15 to 16 for an A* on this one hopefully.
    Yes! It better be! I really liked the essay question though. It was so easy. I choose the second one. Which one did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    Did you write a conclusion for the extract question?
    naa you dont have to for the extract

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    every time i see someone say the poems were about prostitution - https://vine.co/v/e77MHBgDIbe
    What the hell, weren't the poems about nature invading the man-made world?

ReputationRep:
    But that doesn't really track mood and atmosphere though, you're just presenting characters here. Maybe the readers mood, but not the book ones.
    I am really not good with mood and atmosphere questions. Before the exam I was praying that I wish mood and atmosphere question doesn't come up but it did! I got so annoyed. I wished they asked about how the characters behave.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! It better be! I really liked the essay question though. It was so easy. I choose the second one. Which one did you choose?
    Me too! It was so open ended! I wrote basically in detail about 3 characters, CW, Candy and Crooks for 4 pages and came to a conclusion! Awesome question in my opinion from WJEC for a change!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennethdcharles)
    naa you dont have to for the extract
    Yeah I didn't write one either but some people did so I was wondering.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

You know the extract question for 'Of Mice and Men', what did you talk about? I talked about when lennie said 'I..aint...gonna say a word.'' Then I talked about where george and lennie were sleeping (the idea that they have no permanent home makes the readers feel sympathy for them) and the colours of rabbits Lennie wants (that he is mentally unstable). What ideas did you guys put down? I personally didn't like the poems. :/
    What part did you do? b or c?

ReputationRep:
    I found the analysis and comparision of the two poems extremely difficult, does anyone know what the poems were actually about? 😖

ReputationRep:
    Seems like everyone did bad on the poetry so guessing the grade boundaries will be low. Luckily for me, i thought i did very well in poetry.

ReputationRep:
    I am really not good with mood and atmosphere questions. Before the exam I was praying that I wish mood and atmosphere question doesn't come up but it did! I got so annoyed. I wished they asked about how the characters behave.
    Don't worry about it, they'll give you good marks for analysing the charactor still, so you can still be in good bands. Anyway it's over so lets prepare for Friday!

ReputationRep:
    Me too! It was so open ended! I wrote basically in detail about 3 characters, CW, Candy and Crooks for 4 pages and came to a conclusion! Awesome question in my opinion from WJEC for a change!
    I know right! However, WJEC is still a horrible exam board. I really don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y=mx+c)
    What part did you do? b or c?
    I did 'c'. You?

ReputationRep:
    What did you all think about the exam today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie2267)
    I have no idea

There are only 3 past papers for AAB on the WJEC website from what I can see (for Higher that is), and they were:
    May 2014 - which character you think changes the most and a question on the theme of family
    May 2013 - an empathy question for Marcus and one on the theme of friendship
    May 2012 - how Ellie is important to the novel and the changing relationship between Marcus and Fiona

So we could get a character question on Marcus, or Will, or Fiona (are there any other characters that could come up for this?). And then basically any theme that's not family or friendship.
    My bet's something to do with Will, simply because there haven't been any questions involving him it seems. Although I thought Slim was going to come up for OMAM today and he didn't so XD
    I think they are the only characters that could come up, I had a sheet with all the past questions on but I lost it! I thought would be slim as well. Candy wasn't so bad though.

I have a sheet with all the past questions on from An Inspector Calls so I'll attach a picture of that for you and see if you can deduce what questions might come up!Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431980319.196369.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  190.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431980340.821839.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  151.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    every time i see someone say the poems were about prostitution - https://vine.co/v/e77MHBgDIbe
    HAHAHA! This is like one of my favourite vines and out of all the places they've been used, this is the best. A* for that comment

ReputationRep:
    I know right! However, WJEC is still a horrible exam board. I really don't like it.
    Yeah their unseen poetry is harsh in my opinion and the wording of questions sometimes is seen as confusing.
    But this exam paper is better compared to old ones i.e past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, they'll give you good marks for analysing the charactor still, so you can still be in good bands. Anyway it's over so lets prepare for Friday!
    Hope the questions are easy on Friday. I couldn't even revise English today because I have Geography tomorrow! Which books are you doing on Friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcticNeighbour)
    Same as you. It went bad, really good, really ****ty.
    The extract was pretty ****ty, essay was good (I picked Candy), poetry was down in hell somewhere, amongst the poets.
    exact same feelings about everything. Spot on

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.