Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicalw23)
    Just had an unconditional from Northumbria and it's likely going to be my firm, anyone else planning on heading there?
    I've applied there and sent my portfolio just before Christmas but havent heard back from them until now how long after you sent your portfolio did you receive an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vionart)
    Gonna join cowie and throw my carbonmade portfolio up here too haha - https://vion.carbonmade.com
    Got an unconditional from Brookes and I've already made it a firm choice; on the other hand the Bartlett rejected me because of one of my a-levels but I doubt I would've taken the offer even if I did get one tbh :rolleyes:
    Your portfolio is amazing! Really love the geometry-hand stuff!
    Your sculptures are brilliant! - Wish I had done more 3D stuff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Ah thanks! Not gonna' lie, I probably would if I was told that... Want to go there SO badly!
    Call them up? How long ago was the interview?
    I'll probs wait for one more week till I'll phone them up! It was little less than 3 weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    for all of you, who have offers from Oxford Brooke's did you guys go to an interview first or did you just Send them the first 20 images and then you got your offers. I just got an email for an interview so yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lookatthismeme)
    I've applied there and sent my portfolio just before Christmas but havent heard back from them until now how long after you sent your portfolio did you receive an offer?
    About 2 weeks ago and I sent my portfolio last week. I know they have a backlog and she said when I rang I think they're trying to get through as many before the end of the week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adds24)
    for all of you, who have offers from Oxford Brooke's did you guys go to an interview first or did you just Send them the first 20 images and then you got your offers. I just got an email for an interview so yeah
    i had an interview in mid November before being offered a place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Your portfolio is amazing! Really love the geometry-hand stuff!
    Your sculptures are brilliant! - Wish I had done more 3D stuff...
    Thank you! I wish I had more paintings, but I'm hoping to make up for that with my exam project. Really loved your blurred reality project btw!

ReputationRep:
    No interview, got an offer within a few weeks after sending my portfolio

ReputationRep:
    Hi All ... wondering how soon you heard one way or another after submitting portfolios to:

MSA, Liverpool, Sheffield, Northumbria.....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afang02)
    i had an interview in mid November before being offered a place
    Okay cool, is it just one person who interviews you!

ReputationRep:
    No interview, got an offer within a few weeks after sending my portfolio
    if you don't mind me asking, are you an international student

ReputationRep:
    if you don't mind me asking, are you an international student
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    Nope
    Wow well done !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sean5Star)
    Hi All ... wondering how soon you heard one way or another after submitting portfolios to:

MSA, Liverpool, Sheffield, Northumbria.....?
    Got an offer exactly two weeks after submitting to MSA and still waiting on Liverpool & Sheffield, but I only submitted those last week so

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys in ur Bartlett task did most of your purely use pencil and biro pen/fineliner to produce black and white drawings? I used pencil, pen and ink of different forms and colours eg fine liners, loose water based inks, red pencils.. I wanted to showcase some experimentation but I feel as though I might have done too much??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nairline)
    Hey guys in ur Bartlett task did most of your purely use pencil and biro pen/fineliner to produce black and white drawings? I used pencil, pen and ink of different forms and colours eg fine liners, loose water based inks, red pencils.. I wanted to showcase some experimentation but I feel as though I might have done too much??!
    I used only pencil and graphite stick, because i didnt have any charcoal Dx But i got across what I wanted so I'm not worried about that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by armadsillo)
    Got an offer exactly two weeks after submitting to MSA and still waiting on Liverpool & Sheffield, but I only submitted those last week so

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks that helps to manage my expectations!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied to Coventry and been given a project to do that will be assessed in your interview? I have ben given one and i'm not too sure in what way to approach it :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria2698)
    I'm going on the 8th of march as well! Is yours in the morning or afternoon??
    what is your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Thought I'd jump on the carbonmade, online portfolio bandwagon.. https://andrewcowie.carbonmade.com/
    So.. I have an interview at The Bartlett on the 11th of February, and have to bring a portfolio...
    Would it be a problem that I have so many paintings/drawings and not so much media stuff?
    Would you recommend I produce some more 3D work?
    are you applying straight from A Level ? or art foundation? portfolio is really impressive, but yeh perhaps a 3d piece of work would be good - you have time

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 4, 2017

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.