The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tiny92
I agree with you both. I am representing a point. The examples I use on this don't reflect my own personal exp. Some of the points I bring are true and some are hypothetical -trying to remain anonymous. Usually to probe a similar issue. Also I'm talking about access to the bar today. Not 0-10-20 years ago. Access to the bar was bad then and I think a reasonable expenses scheme would increase diversity. I've saved to get here and know etc. Don't think anything wrong in trying to increase an awareness for it.

Don't have a chip on the shoulder, I've been very lucky.

I've made sacrifices etc and savings to get to the bar. Nor have I had handouts or expect them.

Ahhh. I think my friends, we have established Tiny92 is a troll.
Rejections from Quadrant post-opinion are out. Generic email to all in bcc. :frown:
Original post by Leigh68
Perhaps your initial comment calling two well respected sets an "absolute joke" for not covering interview expenses led to the comments you received.

Because that reads as an inappropriate comment about specific chambers as opposed to a criticism of access to the bar in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Devon and Northampton Chambers well-respected sets? You having a laugh?
Original post by Pupillagebound
Rejections from Quadrant post-opinion are out. Generic email to all in bcc. :frown:

Same :frown: Did anyone get through to interviews?
Please will someone post when offers are out for college chambers? I am literally on the edge of my seat here. Assuming offers will be made by telephone after tonight's AGM decision I simply cannot wait until snail mail brings the post next week with rejections.

Thanks!
Anything from tanfield guys?
Original post by desvalido
Tanfield 1st rounds out!

Congrats! How and when did you receive it?
Seems like New Square are rejecting by silence post second round, which is a bit bad. Tried to ring to find out what was going on and got told I'd have to wait till next Thursday to talk to someone who knew what was happening. Don't suppose anyone else here has got the official rejection yet?
Tanfield rejections coming out by personal e-mail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Best guppy

Same here. Sigh...

Original post by Radebe91
Seems like New Square are rejecting by silence post second round, which is a bit bad.

That is bad indeed and commiserations. To an extent, at app form stage or maybe even after 1st round (pushing it), it might be acceptable, but definitely not after 2nd round imo.
Original post by Best guppy

Original post by LadyLaw23
Same here. Sigh...

Me three :redface:
Reply 611
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Me three :redface:

Me four.
I've got to say I have the upmost respect for those who are going through their third, fourth and even fifth cycles, this is my first one and I'm already emotionally exhausted ! The high of the interview offer followed by the crush of the rejection and the constant email refreshing in between is almost akin to some kind of obscure psychological torture ....

Btw Tanfield was a rejection for me too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 613
Anyone heard from Blackfriars (Oct 2016) following interview on Sunday?

Was told it would be the end of the week - wasn't sure if working week or not.
Reply 614
This is my third cycle. It's very emotionally draining.
One interview in my first year;
Two interviews in my second year and one reserve,
15 interviews in my third year and one reserve.
My third cycle as well.

Two second rounds is the closest I've got. Other than that, a spattering of interviews but mainly rejections on paper. It does get really depressing after a while.
I got the news that I have pupillage at 2 Dr Johnson Buildings! I am so shocked and surprised!
Just honestly everyone you can do it because it took me so many interviews to succeed and I never thought this day would come and it has!
So thanks for all the useful tips and sharing in the process.
Good luck everyone
xoxo
Original post by pupillageseeker1
I got the news that I have pupillage at 2 Dr Johnson Buildings! I am so shocked and surprised!
Just honestly everyone you can do it because it took me so many interviews to succeed and I never thought this day would come and it has!
So thanks for all the useful tips and sharing in the process.
Good luck everyone
xoxo

Congrats!
People who've done this before:

Does anyone know what time of year the Inns (particularly Inner) let you know about scholarships?
Original post by LegalLab
Tbh I don't know of many chambers that DO provide expenses...I have had two interviews recently and for both I had to pay £150 to get to London and back so I think it's just one of those things

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm travelling from the Middle East - two interviews just cost me £1500! Like chucking money down a well of limitless hope, but limited funds...

Quick Reply

Latest