Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Woakes has got to come in for Finn, surely? He did very little wrong earlier on in the series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Woakes has got to come in for Finn, surely? He did very little wrong earlier on in the series.
    I'd give Footit a go. Tall fast bowler and a similar replacement for Finn. If it was Anderson out I'd pick Woakes. However, I think Woakes will be selected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Another unbelievable take from Jimmy Taylor this morning.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to Cook, century on debut!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jimmy Taylor sounds wrong. Hope it doesn't catch on.

Vital session first thing tomorrow. If De Kock and Bavuma kick on, SA could get a page total, but two quick wickets and England are in business
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What a catch from Shaun Marsh in the final ODI between Australia and India, and you have to feel sorry for Kohli, who was denied a four after he struck the spider cam on the first ball of the day he faced.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    WI legend Shivnarine Chanderpaul retires from international cricket.

He hasn't played since being dropped after that match against England in Barbados in May last year - but he goes with 164 Test appearances, 30 centuries, and an average of 51.37.

He's seventh in the all-time Test runs scorers list with almost 12,000.

I'll miss him.

ReputationRep:
    Just found out that I have a ticket for the Lords test against Pakistan in the summer. The Oval is a lovely ground, but Lords is still the best place to watch test cricket in this country.

ReputationRep:
    Really happy India won! Don't think we really deserved to lose 4-1 with the way we have batted in this series, but our bowling just wasn't good enough most of the time.

Bring on the T20s!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Fair play to India for managing to avoid the whitewash.

Pandey's innings was brilliant. Very calm and collected under some obvious pressure - though, as expected, this Australian bowling attack is there to be found out.

Lyon has been disappointing in these ODIs, and I felt Australia put personal milestones in the way of the victory today. The way Mitchell Marsh played towards the end of the innings was stingy.

Dhoni's captaincy beggars belief at times, though.

ReputationRep:
    India

Chasing>setting the score
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Devastating spell by Rabada. Don't get me wrong: England haven't helped themselves. That wild stroke from Taylor was probably the worst of the bunch, but SA have quite the talent on their hands.

ReputationRep:
    Rabada is something else
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well done Sydney Thunder. Claim the BBL title with a three wicket win. KP played really well today for the Melbourne Stars, but it wasn't to be.

Thunder's management - and players - have been on point. Well done Hussey.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    BBL team of the tournament? Gayle, Khawaja, KP, Lynn, Maxwell, Hodge, Russell, Haddin, Bravo, Rashid, Tye.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think Khawaja should've just about edged Man of the Series? 2 centuries and a 70 in the final. A vital cog in the Sydney side. Chris Lynn was also superb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good knock by Moeen Ali today, lovely strokes minus the one he lost his wicket.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Anyone else think Khawaja should've just about edged Man of the Series? 2 centuries and a 70 in the final. A vital cog in the Sydney side. Chris Lynn was also superb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lynn was excellent, to be honest. Such a great, explosive hitter. He is perfect for the T20 format. Encapsulates all the skills you need.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Poor day from England's point of view, to be honest. Stokes is absolutely on the money: they need a miracle session tomorrow.

Taylor probably summed up the poor quality of batting. Fair enough, the pitch was doing more and Rabada showed great quality, but that wild swing from Taylor was just so ugly and he deserved to be dismissed. Mental to think he did it just before an interval, too. It was the over before lunch.

Rabada has well and truly arrived. I think he picked up six against Australia at the Under-19s World Cup, but to have the stamina at the age of 20 to dismiss the most of this world-class batting lineup and bowl 20 overs is astonishing. With Bavuma getting the century, and now this performance... well, it's an exciting time for black cricketers in SA.

I read a phenomenal stat that Rabada has played more international cricket than first-class cricket. Wow. It was only his sixth Test match, but he was disciplined and cultured and showed expertise beyond his years. He now has TWO five-fors before his 21st birthday. Remarkable.

I reckon SA only need another 100 runs, you know. England's dreadful dead rubber record continues.

ReputationRep:
    Khawaja can't get into the Australian ODI squad :lol:

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.