Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    Not sure if bombing or going on the offensive works though. Of course, getting these guys should be a priority, but going beyond that? There HAS been a war on terror, and where has it gotten us? Nowhere, in fact the problem is arguably worse considering the destabilisation of the Middle East.

We SHOULD be mourning right now by the way, or at least acknowledge and understand the pain the victims are going through. Our hearts should be going out to those affected and what they have suffered, but just bypassing that thinking 'oh yeah we'll get to it later' is pretty insensitive tbh.
    Some mourn by sitting around and doing nothing. I prefer to mourn by making sure these people did not die in vain. I prefer to mourn by making sure this never happens again. I care as much as I do because of the victims. Plain ridiculous to claim otherwise.

We can trot out all the cliches like "our hearts go out to them"; if you heart truly goes out to these people you will make sure it never happens again. And we all know why it happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Yeah, to call it a 'war on Islam' is absurd, ISIS have killed countless Muslims in the Middle East as well, this is a war on Islamic extremism, not Islam as a whole at all.
    It also provides great recruitment propaganda for ISIS.

ReputationRep:
    Remember everyone there was a second attack in Belgium not long after the Hebdo incident. These next few days will be unnerving for Europe as a whole. Take care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    It's not just random people going "oh yeah it's obviously the Muslims coming after us because of jihadi John", it's the news that's reporting it so obviously people are going to believe them because what purpose would the news serve if they lied?
    Let's wait until we have a clear view of what actually happened, not people 'alleging' or claiming they heard things. By tomorrow we will know what happened.
    There is no point speculating before we know all the facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Because if you had actually be following the conversation I was having, the context of it was in reference to someone who is making posts saying "to hell with human right" and "show no mercy" among others. You then replied to my conversation on this topic by voicing in caps your disapproval and saying my stance is wrong. So I can only take it that you are in agreement with said poster and their views.

How am I ignorant of Islamic terrorism? Please enlighten me.

Except I have been active in the TSR religion section for a few years and can show you hundreds of posts I have made criticising Islamism. I in fact would say I have continually been one of TSR's more vocal critics of Islamism. So no, I don't believe I do need educating on the topic of Islamism.
    I dont really fancy engaging a long discussion right now but why would you say that intelligence services creates terrorism?

ReputationRep:
    It's not just random people going "oh yeah it's obviously the Muslims coming after us because of jihadi John", it's the news that's reporting it so obviously people are going to believe them because what purpose would the news serve if they lied?
    Propaganda. And the don't lie, they use fractional-truths. All news agencies are guilty of this. Oh, and paying the BBC to be unbiased just means you're giving them money. It's based on mistaken trust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    It isn't stupid, its the normal thing to do. Should we just completely shut down discussion of the attacks? Don't mention numbers dead, dont mention how it happened, its all speculation.
    By all means discuss the attacks. But don't attribute blame until we actually know for sure who was behind the attacks.
    We know certain things for sure like the attacks happening but other things such as the cause and who was behind the attacks are speculation at this moment.

ReputationRep:
    Muslims are already trying to twist this by saying its a government conspiracy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    180 dead.

Suffice to say that the news cycle has changed. All hell will break loose if IS dedicate this attack to Jihadi John.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    I have given up on humanity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    Propaganda. And the don't lie, they use fractinal-truths. All news agencies are guilty of this.
    But then why are ISIS declaring that the 'next' targets are Rome, London and Washington?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESPORTIVA LUTA)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Yeah, to call it a 'war on Islam' is absurd, ISIS have killed countless Muslims in the Middle East as well, this is a war on Islamic extremism, not Islam as a whole at all.
    Their main opponents are Iran, the syrian military, the iraqi military, hezbollah, the ygv, the peshmerga. All mainly muslim.

ReputationRep:
    It was alleged that one of the shooters was shooting "Allah Akbar" AKA God is Great, and only Muslims say that although it's only alleged so who knows the truth :shrug:
    We all knew the truth as soon as this started; We all knew what it was. This happens so often we aren't surprised. It speaks volumes about the situation when we all know the truth before it even comes out. It is like predicting a hot day in the Sahara with Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESPORTIVA LUTA)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Uhh, which of us are doing that? I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    People please.

News reports are hostages are texting they are being killed one by one.

Remember that while you argue about the nazis and borders and the left and complete bollox

One by one

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnneBayef...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Let's be real none of us can do anything about it whether we post about anything here.

(Original post by Craig1998)
    Cough, Islamic State has not even killed close to the amount murdered by the Nazis in World War 2.COUGH.
    I didn't realise the Nazis weren't banned and Hitler wasn't stopped.
    (Original post by Modesty)
    George Bush was a terrorist that killed Millions of innocent civilians. He achieved the aims of the Illuminati by destabilizing the middle east.
    HE Pres George W Bush TX ANG BA (Yale) MBA (Harvard) wasn't a terrorist, he was a mass murderer. He didn't kill to create terror against the islamic world, but for his own gains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Mahatma Gandhi was shot to death. All his worthless idealism did not save him. Screw Gandhi. His advice is for wimps.

ReputationRep:
    One of the captured terrorists claimed to be from ISIS, not sheriff posted yet

man lands on moon

ReputationRep:
    Death toll from 120-180, scores were injured and may not live to see morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    such a relatible quote rn Thanks!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.