The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SA-1)
If you don't win at Stoke I can see a repeat of what the fickle Arsenal fans did to Wenger at the Britannia last season

Shocking

Posted from TSR Mobile
"we were 3-0 down to a pub side"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That last page FFS
The_Stig
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
Scenes when LVG doesn't get sacked then we start pulling off back to back victories and win the league :lol: :rofl:

Wow....this season is just full of surprises! Amazing tbh I can't remember a time when it has been this unpredictable and exciting
I think the last time United went so long without a win was back in 1999 - the year of the treble.. :rofl:
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thing is about all this wanting to lose business is because it's for the greater good.

Imagine if you had a child who had a parasite camped on their face causing them a great deal of pain and you had to give them a hard slap across the face to get rid of it. However if you didn't give them that slap, you know that the parasite will continue to harm your child.
(Only anaolgy I could think of but just roll with it for now.)
What would you do? I would, as much as I wouldn't like to, slap my child because I know that it would help them. I wouldn't wait for the parasite to leave, inflicting more damage as time progresses, and refuse to slap them just because it would cause additonal pain.

Instead of saying, "I'll never want my team to lose", take a step back and put things into persepective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SA-1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
Thing is about all this wanting to lose business is because it's for the greater good.

Imagine if you had a child who had a parasite camped on their face causing them a great deal of pain and you had to give them a hard slap across the face to get rid of it. However if you didn't give them that slap, you know that the parasite will continue to harm your child.
(Only anaolgy I could think of but just roll with it for now.)
What would you do? I would, as much as I wouldn't like to, slap my child because I know that it would help them. I wouldn't wait for the parasite to leave, inflicting more damage as time progresses, and refuse to slap them just because it would cause additonal pain.

Instead of saying, "I'll never want my team to lose", take a step back and put things into persepective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:rofl:

Piss poor mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That is perhaps the worst analogy I've ever heard.
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SA-1)
:rofl:

Piss poor mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
That is perhaps the worst analogy I've ever heard.
You're entitled to your opinion. But why do you think so? Can you at least see the point I'm trying to make? Even if you don't agree with it, do you at least understand it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're entitled to your opinion. But why do you think so? Can you at least see the point I'm trying to make? Even if you don't agree with it, do you at least understand it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe not the best analogy but the point is there.

It's like having knee surgery for a long term problem. It'll hurt like hell for about 3 months, but after that you're cured for good. Short term pain long term gain.

Although I don't need to hope for any sort of result vs Stoke. We will not take 3 pts away in a game like that. We can't beat Norwich at home FFS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dat analogy though...

Hayles showing you up m8.
Put her in her place.
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Dat analogy though...

Hayles showing you up m8.
Put her in her place.
Even I implied it wasn't the best analogy in my OP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This statement from Bayern after sacking LVG can be just as applicable to us, it seems that this is how he manages and he has not learnt from past experiences:

"It all started getting messy when he dropped Hans-Jorg Butt and replaced him with Thomas Kraft.That brought insecurity into the defence and we could not hold out for much longer.Football should be enjoyable, but there has been nothing enjoyable about football at FC Bayern for a while now.And to say that he had the players behind him was a myth.The Manuel Neuer issue would never have escalated like it did and we would never have had any problems with the fans.Problems were created which were totally unnecessary and which have ripped the club to pieces.Louis van Gaal should consider what he has done."
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
****ing hell, this page is even worse.
SA-1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get the point your're making, the anology was just funny :lol:

One step back to take two forwards, kind of thing.

Tbh though, I don't agree with it in this context. I personally would never want us to lose under any circumstance..

Making the game all political when it needn't be that way. I feel like your support for a team should always overlook the desperation for success. You're not accountable for anything to do with your team, you support them because its a choice of support - one you made at a very young age, and you should stick by it.

You're providing support - you share the happiness of winning and the disappointment of losing, and you carry on giving that support no matter what.

Then again, your view will probably be different to mine. I'm the fan who, despite the disappointment and fury of us not winning, will stay at my seat at the Emirates till the final wistle, holding up my scarf with pride chanting **** like "I'm Arsenal till I die, I'm Arsenal till I die, I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Arsenal till I die".

Preach over.
Spoiler:
Show
#WengerOut
Spoiler:
Show
Just joking - Wenger is the man

sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Watford are signing Iturbe. They may well finish above us unless LVG gets the sack

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
This is the United we were conned into seeing:

qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)

Then, we used to pass and move. Now, we just pass and stay where we are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Then, we used to pass and move. Now, we just pass and stay where we are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really don't understand why they stopped, I don't buy this "not enough space in the PL bs".
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

LOL if only we were actually playing like this ffs :rofl:

makes me miss rafael and nani
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by trapking)
LOL if only we were actually playing like this ffs :rofl:

makes me miss rafael and nani
Yeah + welbz + kagawa
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah + welbz + kagawa
It really puzzles me how the team can be so different now given that was not long ago at all.....all we do now is literally pass backwards all the time and just stay there, no one even bothers to make runs apart from Martial but even he is restricted to some extent. It's like Van Gaal has chained each of the players to their positions and they are not allowed to play football freely lol

Maybe that's why Rooney appears to be even more **** than he was before :lol:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (118)
63.44%
No (68)
36.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise