Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    why are u writing like a poem
    I suspect because it adds a "Godlike" quality to the writing. Therefore adding more weight to the psuedo-logical argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    Yes it does seem that you can "believe in anything"....

Please explain the sky comment...I'm quite lost
    does it? why do you say that lol?

my point, its not something to explain
    you're trying too hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    I suspect because it adds a "Godlike" quality to the writing. Therefore adding more weight to the psuedo-logical argument.
    I wrote it
    so I know its purpose
    and its not whatever you wrote lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pvaz6965)
    That is not what I disagreed with. And I never said I didn't believe in God. You need to be careful with language and assumptions.
    or maybe you should stop calling other peoples beliefs
    "pure unadulterated crap usually termed delusion"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishea16)
    look at the sky, doesnt that make you think
    that maybe you should be feeling the presence of God
    instead of wanting to see him with your eyes
    What does make me feel the presence of God is when I look at the pestilence, oppression, and sheer waste of the human race. Countries fighting each other with weapons. Children starving and dying agonising deaths from appalling diseases every second. People being born in pain with disfigured limbs. Tornados ripping apart whole communities.

Oh sorry, I forgot. That's man's fault. Not God's. That's because of free will and original sin, right?

ReputationRep:
    In my experience it's useless arguing.

These cults have thousands of years of the cleverest minds working out pseudo logical smokescreens for even the most difficult and logical of arguments against them. They, in effect, have it all wrapped up.

There is no logical or scientific argument that you can present to the contrary of these cults which they cannot refute with one platitude or another. They have better defence than Floyd Mayweather.
    But if the argument goes quiet because we finally think to ourselves "ahhhh forgetttitttt" then can you imagine the potential for these ideas to propagate?

I guess it just needs to be done in the right way using the right platform.

As long as I'm hearing people reciting verses that describe heaven for a woman as being under the feet of her husband....I have a lot of energy to challenge religion whenever and wherever I can.

ReputationRep:
    So once again.

If I tell you I believe in Santa Claus, what's your response?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    yeah but "experiences" have no scientific merit or way of proving their validity. i've prayed and nothing has happened, if god wanted me to believe in him why isn't he showing me he exists?
    Because he's very busy today.

ReputationRep:
    What does make me feel the presence of God is when I look at the pestilence, oppression, and sheer waste of the human race. Countries fighting each other with weapons. Children starving and dying agonising deaths from appalling diseases every second. People being born in pain with disfigured limbs. Tornados ripping apart whole communities.

Oh sorry, I forgot. That's man's fault. Not God's. That's because of free will and original sin, right?
    mans fault yes
    original sin no

oh well good try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    But if the argument goes quiet because we finally think to ourselves "ahhhh forgetttitttt" then can you imagine the potential for these ideas to propagate?
    Yeah actually that's a fair point. Perhaps we have a responsibility to continue to try and dispel this disgusting archaic superstitious brainwashing, even though it seems futile.

ReputationRep:
    So once again.

my response,
    good for you

ReputationRep:
    So once again.

Off topic but good avatar. I have a pic of Arthur Daley on the wall in my office. Class.

ReputationRep:
    mans fault yes
    original sin no

oh well good try
    Tornados and disease are man's fault?

Also, what about the Santa Claus thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Off topic but good avatar. I have a pic of Arthur Daley on the wall in my office. Class.
    My word is my bond

ReputationRep:
    my response,
    good for you
    I guess that speaks volumes.

Do you believe in Santa Claus?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, people often use this as evidence of the Quran being a truly holy book...

So you're telling me that if if repeat all that I have said and make it rhyme, there's a chance of you taking this science stuff seriously?

ReputationRep:
    does it? why do you say that lol?

my point, its not something to explain
    you're trying too hard
    Please, I literally need help understanding the sky comment.

ReputationRep:
    You are still a kid aren't you? I am far more precise and careful with language and meaning than you are. That comes with age and experience.

ReputationRep:
    I guess that speaks volumes.

Do you believe in Santa Claus?
    i guess it does

well St Nicholas=Santa and he was actually a real guy who was very rich and near Christmas he would go and drop off gold coins or something in peoples chimneys

we did this in Re

so yh i do believe in him he was a walking living guy for goodness sake:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pvaz6965)
    You are still a kid aren't you? I am far more precise and careful with language and meaning than you are. That comes with age and experience.
    age is just a number
    I could me more mature and experienced than you

stop making assumptions loool

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.