• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    history is actually interesting though - studying law is like studying a highly complicated, often hypocritical and dry rule book.
    you can study what you want, but I'm trying to inform your decision-making here as somebody who both studied it at uni for a while and somebody whose only friends studying it do not find it fulfilling. I find my current degree fulfilling by contrast, for instance.
    I've already made my decision :yes:

Do you study History now then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    I've already made my decision :yes:

Do you study History now then?
    well, I guess just wait and see how you find the course
    no, I studied history for a level though
    I study politics now for uni - it involves a lot of history - the history of political institutions, for instance

ReputationRep:
    Update 12/06/2016

I can't believe I'm almost finished with exams now!

The History exam was actually so so good, the questions were on African Americans, Women and Native Americans and I answered the Women and NA ones. The Women question was honestly the best question ever, it was the style of question that I love and it wasn't worded weirdly or anything. I think the essay I wrote for that is probably the best History essay I've ever done, and I'm so pleased with how that went. The Native American one was a bit more clunky, but I still think it did everything it needed to. According to one of my teachers, she thinks my History teacher had said I'd need 86% in the exam to balance out at 90% with my coursework, so I think an A* might just be achieveable.

I've had Friday and Saturday pretty much work free and feeling light as a feather after History, but now I'm getting back into revising for Lit and Lang again, and thankfully it's all coming back to me very easily. I think putting in that extra revision for the mocks has really helped.

Russia: DONE
    Gen St 1: DONE
    Gen St 2: DONE
    Gen St 3: DONE
    History: DONE
    Gen St 4: 3 days left
    Language: 3 days left
    Literature: 5 days left
    So many flashcards!
    • All 284 ish of my flash cards for History :lol:
    • I really want to keep them but I promise I'm not a hoarder...
    How many exams do you guys have left?
    ~Gingerbread~
    Just 6 more to go now!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    5 left
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by kennethdcharles)
    Just 6 more to go now!
    (Original post by Andy98)
    5 left
    What is the date of your last one?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

7 left x
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)

7 left x
    Almost there
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    27th June - FP2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    E
    June 24th, Physics P7 Only have 4 to go now, it's a shame because some of my friends have 1! But then some ave 6
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Update 12/06/2016

I can't believe I'm almost finished with exams now!

The History exam was actually so so good, the questions were on African Americans, Women and Native Americans and I answered the Women and NA ones. The Women question was honestly the best question ever, it was the style of question that I love and it wasn't worded weirdly or anything. I think the essay I wrote for that is probably the best History essay I've ever done, and I'm so pleased with how that went. The Native American one was a bit more clunky, but I still think it did everything it needed to. According to one of my teachers, she thinks my History teacher had said I'd need 86% in the exam to balance out at 90% with my coursework, so I think an A* might just be achieveable.

I've had Friday and Saturday pretty much work free and feeling light as a feather after History, but now I'm getting back into revising for Lit and Lang again, and thankfully it's all coming back to me very easily. I think putting in that extra revision for the mocks has really helped.

Gen St 4: 3 days left
    Language: 3 days left
    Literature: 5 days left
    So many flashcards!
    • All 284 ish of my flash cards for History :lol:
    • I really want to keep them but I promise I'm not a hoarder...
    ~Gingerbread~
    Looks like your exams are going great

I've got 6 left and last is on the 30th... I'm in the last 4 exams my school does too.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Update 19/06/2016

After the last haul, I'm finally finished with all things A Level...

My Language exam went well, and while I don't think I included enough of one of the assessment objectives, I think I've got a solid A (which despite my target being an A*, is all I was really hoping for). I guess we'll see on Results Day whether I did manage to get an A*, but either way I'll be happy.

For Literature I really liked the paper and everything went smoothly! I'm hoping I did enough to get an A* in that.

Honestly, I really think doing this blog has helped me revise. I've revised way more than I ever expected to, and for the first time in my exams, I've gone in feeling confident and came out feeling like my revision has paid off. I don't think I've ever known so much about my subjects! This blog has really motivated me to study, even to the point where I'd think "I have to make sure I have something to post!"

Gen St 4: DONE
    Language: DONE
    Literature: DONE
    Planning the rest of my holiday
    • I'm planning on getting back into bullet journal-ing to add some structure to my summer so I make the most of it.
    • Here's my first little plan for tomorrow and Tuesday, I hope you guys like it!
    Now my studying has officially finished, I want to try and help you guys! Let me know if you want me to make any printables, to give you tips for motivation, whatever!

~Gingerbread~

ReputationRep:
    Update 19/06/2016

After the last haul, I'm finally finished with all things A Level...

My Language exam went well, and while I don't think I included enough of one of the assessment objectives, I think I've got a solid A (which despite my target being an A*, is all I was really hoping for). I guess we'll see on Results Day whether I did manage to get an A*, but either way I'll be happy.

For Literature I really liked the paper and everything went smoothly! I'm hoping I did enough to get an A* in that.

Honestly, I really think doing this blog has helped me revise. I've revised way more than I ever expected to, and for the first time in my exams, I've gone in feeling confident and came out feeling like my revision has paid off. I don't think I've ever known so much about my subjects! This blog has really motivated me to study, even to the point where I'd think "I have to make sure I have something to post!"

Gen St 4: DONE
    Language: DONE
    Literature: DONE
    Planning the rest of my holiday
    • I'm planning on getting back into bullet journal-ing to add some structure to my summer so I make the most of it.
    • Here's my first little plan for tomorrow and Tuesday, I hope you guys like it!
    Now my studying has officially finished, I want to try and help you guys! Let me know if you want me to make any printables, to give you tips for motivation, whatever!

~Gingerbread~
    Your soooo organised !!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Your soooo organised !!
    Thank you :hugs: I am be very organised with some things, but I definitely need to be more organised with others :giggle:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Gingerbread101 how many wider reading references did you make? :awesome:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Gingerbread101 how many wider reading references did you make? :awesome:
    I made 3 in each question how did it go for you?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I made 3 in each question how did it go for you?
    I did two in the first and two in the second, so I got my minimum in. I'm so happy, it actually went so, so well - I was so needlessly apprehensive about it. :nutcase:
    Congrats for exams being over, and happy they went well. Just two left for me.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I did two in the first and two in the second, so I got my minimum in. I'm so happy, it actually went so, so well - I was so needlessly apprehensive about it. :nutcase:
    Congrats for exams being over, and happy they went well. Just two left for me.
    That's good :yes:
    I'm so pleased for you! :woo: :jumphug: you show them what you can do on results day :yes:

Thanks hun, I hope your last two go well what are they?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That's good :yes:
    I'm so pleased for you! :woo: :jumphug: you show them what you can do on results day :yes:

Thanks hun, I hope your last two go well what are they?
    Thank you so much! :hugs: They're both Law exams, first one on Tuesday.
    I'm feeling pretty confident for it tbh. Can't wait to see the end of next week, though. :moon:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Thank you so much! :hugs: They're both Law exams, first one on Tuesday.
    I'm feeling pretty confident for it tbh. Can't wait to see the end of next week, though. :moon:
    I'm sure you'll be great in those too :woo:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm sure you'll be great in those too :woo:
    Thank you again! :ahee: God, I hope I meet my offer - the literature thread did scare me a bit because I saw people discussing quite advanced concepts I had never covered in class... But I think it went okay regardless. :grin:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.