The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airmed
I really need to lose weight. My weight has shot up recently and I don't know why. :frown: But this summer I'm planning to buy a bike and do cycling; cheaper than buying a gym membership.

What about 'exercise on prescription'?

They do free/reduced rate gym memberships if you go to your GP (not sure if you have to be over a certain weight though)
Original post by Noodlzzz
What about 'exercise on prescription'?

They do free/reduced rate gym memberships if you go to your GP (not sure if you have to be over a certain weight though)

I doubt I would get that. According to BMI, I'm a healthy weight for my age and height. It's just a personal thing. I have been going to the gym and I've put on muscle mass, especially on my legs. It's just my stomach is a mix of being bloated/fat.
Not doing well at all today. Half the time I feel like I can go it alone then I feel like I need daily support - in the needing daily support state at the moment feel like summer always sees some kind of relapse with me. I dunno what to do...
(edited 7 years ago)
Did my first med school exam today. Feeling absolutely drained from the adrenaline aha :smile:
Having a really bad day today, off work tonight and haven't been able to sleep as I can't stop crying
Exam didn't go well today... :hide:
ED TW

Spoiler

Found out today that I've passed my probation at work :woo:
Original post by usycool1
Being discharged today :awesome: Been here for almost 5 days now but I feel ready to go back :smile:

Looks like I'll get to spend my birthday in freedom tomorrow :biggrin:

Hope you're well and that you had a good birthday, Usy!
Reply 609
got the last lots of packing to do tomorrow, and tidying, but im excited cos my mummies coming down tomorrow :biggrin:

get to see my nephew on monday, im so bloody excited! :biggrin:

and got an interview next friday!
is this the start of things looking up?
Original post by PandaWho
got the last lots of packing to do tomorrow, and tidying, but im excited cos my mummies coming down tomorrow :biggrin:

get to see my nephew on monday, im so bloody excited! :biggrin:

and got an interview next friday!
is this the start of things looking up?

Sounds great! I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up for you. :smile: good luck with the job interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 611
Original post by Sabertooth
Sounds great! I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up for you. :smile: good luck with the job interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou, i think i deserve it after this month!

just want to get home now!

and cheers, its next friday, its only in a supermarket, but its a job, and it will mean i can live in my own flat!
Original post by Noodlzzz
Reducing clozapine, YES!

Fingers crossed the side effects reduce.

Just saw this. Sounds super awesome! :five: I hope the reduction goes well for you.
Super nervous

Spoiler

Hate hot weather - I can't hide the scars on my arms :frown: And I have to go into town.
Feeling really low. Last day of college and I'm going to a different uni than my bestfriend. I feel sick with regret and now I have an offer to study at Oxford and I feel really overwhelmed. Really anxious, I'm scared and miss her already. I feel so frail
You find out who your true friends are when you suffer from any kind of illness or hardship. Even though they know there's a chance you might not be well enough to go out or make it for any reason, you still get invited to every event and they even make adjustments that will make things easier for you. That's what friendship is and not forgetting about them just because they don't come out as much or aren't as loud as they used to be or whatever.

You need people like that in your life that are with you for the long haul :smile: got 2 nights out in the next week and looking forward to it. Getting my mojo back lol and more important than that, I'm getting a bloody Cosmopolitan for the first time in bloody years. I've been craving one for so long :colondollar:
Not sure if i feel pissed off or upset rn.
Original post by TitanCream
Feeling really low. Last day of college and I'm going to a different uni than my bestfriend. I feel sick with regret and now I have an offer to study at Oxford and I feel really overwhelmed. Really anxious, I'm scared and miss her already. I feel so frail

:hugs:

I did my undergrad at Ox. I was the only person from my school to go, but I managed to keep most of my secondary school friends and am still best friends with many of them, 9 years after leaving :king1:

I hope you have a good time at Ox :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brain is wide awake but my body is tired.

Let me sleep, I need sleep. I have work and I can't run on hardly any sleep. :cry:

Latest