Ask Her Majesty's Government – Parliament XXIII Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    It is nice to know the Prime Minister copies real life politics by not keeping to deals made with members of the MHoC.

Meh
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I'm sorry, I believe the days of your Speakership are long past.
    So are Nigel's days of running UKIP but that doesn't stop you trying to give him the power.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Meh
    I did not realise you looked to Rakas for your cues of what to say.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I did not realise you looked to Rakas for your cues of what to say.
    I'm not going to get into argument with you, I just think you underestimate how little any of us actually care about what Life_peer apparently said in a private message between you and him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    So are Nigel's days of running UKIP but that doesn't stop you trying to give him the power.
    I'm not trying to do that. There are other Kippers fit to replace UU and I think it's quite logical that we're not willing to trust the person who tried to backstab us and then asked us to rep his post in exchange for his support.

ReputationRep:
    http://inthezone.co.vu/post/17381048593

I tried to insert the Michael Jackson popcorn gif...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I wonder if any Liberals are going to complain publicly or privately about being called 'useless'.
    They're not active enough to see it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)

… and you failed, just like your acquired libertarian initiative. You realise you're not in the position to make fun of others, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I wonder if any Liberals are going to complain publicly or privately about being called 'useless'.
    Let's see about that. PetrosAC, in the interests of clarity and transparency for the benefit of future MHoC historians, would you tend to agree that the leader of your coalition partner's assertion that your party lacks self-criticism, does not produce legislation, and always thinks it has the upper hand?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Let's see about that. PetrosAC, in the interests of clarity and transparency for the benefit of future MHoC historians, would you tend to agree that the leader of your coalition partner's assertion that your party lacks self-criticism, does not produce legislation, and always thinks it has the upper hand?
    Cheeky

Tbh, we've spoken in the Government sub forum about this and there isn't really anything else to say.

It's obvious the Government were going through a rough patch at the time, and it's true that the Tories have produced more legislation than us in Government.

I disagree with the evaluation that we lack self-criticism, mainly because I'm aware of our faults. However, this was over a month ago and maybe I came across differently then.

On the point about having the upper end, I genuinely do believe we have the upper hand most of the time. Whether that's arrogance or because we actually do, I'm not particularly sure. I put it down to being the third party and being in the centre.

Finally though, I have very little interest in what LP and Nigel wish to speak about. To share someone else's private message to you shows a very clear lack of respect, if nothing else, and I genuinely believed Nigel to be above it. It seems I've been proved wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Cheeky

Tbh, we've spoken in the Government sub forum about this and there isn't really anything else to say.

It's obvious the Government were going through a rough patch at the time, and it's true that the Tories have produced more legislation than us in Government.

I disagree with the evaluation that we lack self-criticism, mainly because I'm aware of our faults. However, this was over a month ago and maybe I came across differently then.

On the point about having the upper end, I genuinely do believe we have the upper hand most of the time. Whether that's arrogance or because we actually do, I'm not particularly sure. I put it down to being the third party and being in the centre.

Finally though, I have very little interest in what LP and Nigel wish to speak about. To share someone else's private message to you shows a very clear lack of respect, if nothing else, and I genuinely believed Nigel to be above it. It seems I've been proved wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The problem is you have little interest in what any member says, you are the cheerleader for a government that has not bothered to replace the Secretary of State for Defence after his resignation.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    And now you have an insight into part of the reason why Tories are hated so much. Never trust a Tory.
    I'll have you know that during my rule our word was all but unbreakable. As Toronto can testify we even supported a Kipper bill or two (that ordinarily we would'nt) once we'd been ousted from power.

In this case though circumstances changed and LP rightly maintained the coalition.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The problem is you have little interest in what any member says, you are the cheerleader for a government that has not bothered to replace the Secretary of State for Defence after his resignation.
    No, the problem is that you have no respect for the value of a private conversation. I'm no cheerleader, Nigel, but I'll protect the Government I'm a part of to the best of my ability.

Unlike you, I choose to air any dirty laundry I have in private, where it can be dealt with swiftly and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I find that hard to believe. Hypothetically speaking, would you give Fez the permission to reveal how each of the UKIP members voted?

Saracen's Fez Would you be willing to do that?
    Really it's a matter for each individual UKIP MP to decide if they wish to reveal how they voted, and if they are willing for me to verify they are telling the truth. When an MP votes in a private poll they reserve the right to reveal or conceal their vote.

ReputationRep:
    In light of increased "terror" related incidents in the western world, how does the government plan on protecting us as best as they can?

Life_peer PetrosAC

ReputationRep:
    Based on LP's message to Nigel, LP was already trying to axe me as leader of UKIP on the 17th of July. But then he tries to come to me on the 31st of July with some terrible deal that if UKIP MPs vote against the MoNC, he will call a general election by the end of August. Of course I am not going to agree to a deal like that, when it is obvious that LP does not have the best intentions. It is clear from the start that LP is actively working against UKIP, especially when he pretended to include UKIP in the coalition before the formation of this disastrous Con-Lib Government, but had no intention of doing so. I do not work with liars and cheats like LP.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Based on LP's message to Nigel, LP was already trying to axe me as leader of UKIP on the 17th of July. But then he tries to come to me on the 31st of July with some terrible deal that if UKIP MPs vote against the MoNC, he will call a general election by the end of August. Of course I am not going to agree to a deal like that, when it is obvious that LP does not have the best intentions. It is clear from the start that LP is actively working against UKIP, especially when he pretended to include UKIP in the coalition before the formation of this disastrous Con-Lib Government, but had no intention of doing so. I do not work with liars and cheats like LP.
    Tbh, I shot down Con-Lib-Kip straight away and we have more seats than you, so it'd naturally make more sense for the Tories to go with us, to have a larger government.

If you were smart, you would have exploited the Vonc and approached LP and I to work out a Confidence and Supply deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I shot down Con-Lib-Kip straight away and we have more seats than you, so it'd naturally make more sense for the Tories to go with us, to have a larger government.

If you were smart, you would have exploited the Vonc and approached LP and I to work out a Confidence and Supply deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No deal is better than a deal with the Liberal Party, I agree with Life_peer's assessment of your party being useless.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I knew you would shoot down any coalition that involved the Liberals and UKIP, but the problem with not having a majority government is that it encourages the opposition to launch VoNCs against the government. Furthermore, this government has a record of disobeying the whip, so even if we manage to get a confidence and supply deal in exchange for you lot voting in favour of something we like, your rebellious MPs would probably disobey even a 3-line whip, knowing that they will be reinstated a few days later (in the case of the Tories).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.