Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oana Petras)
    Think you had to tick second to last
    Legal recreational drugs was ghe answer and that was the last box

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HonourableDorito)
    Yes, perfect.
    In the question it specified animal, so yes. For the second part you could have put dissolved oxygen metre as a non - living indicator, given that you'd just given a living one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i put lichens . is it right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebsdancer)
    I wrote invertebrates and polluted water so hopefully
    whoops !!! i put worms indicates that the water is very polluted.

ReputationRep:
    the grade boundaries will be high, the country want less people to get a*s.... so most of the country will get like b's and c's.... it is so unfair we unprepared and have crAp teachers........................ but yeah it will probably be like 50/60 for an a*, similar to last year, it might change by a mark or two, if aqa feels generous which is very unlikely ....

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the grade bounderies

ReputationRep:
    i wrote mayfly instead of mayfly larvae do i lose a mark

ReputationRep:
    For the last question I just wrote non living indicators is that right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecomputernerd)
    what did people put for the malaria question about sentence 1 not being true in the article
    All food chains start with producers (plants) but the article said it started with mayfly larvae

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wmartina)
    i wrote mayfly instead of mayfly larvae do i lose a mark
    I don't think so unless the examiner is harsh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaithKG)
    It didnt say anything about sf so i dont think it matters
    If it doesn't mention it then just use whatever significant figures it uses in the question.

ReputationRep:
    I looked at the mark scheme and it says i got like 37 so i probably got a high b or a very low A unless i managed to lose or gain marks idk it was so hard if i dont get 5 gcses my mum is sending me to somalia

ReputationRep:
    Didn't even have time to think because I was rushing through the questions because there was so much text to read

ReputationRep:
    Also I doubt calcium will be a marking point for the 6 marker because it mentioned mineral ions in the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfashion_1234)
    Smoking and Alcohol

1 a) legal, recreational drug
    b) The nicotine in the cigarette makes it harder for the smoker to stop smoking as it is addictive.
    c) An independent company is a company that is private and does not work along side of the government.
    loads of people are saying that nicotine is addictive won't give you a mark, and we had to say withdrawal symptoms and dependency, oh well i think we should get a mark for saying nicotine is addictive, because its true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haashym)
    15%
    I got 0.6 cause it was 2x10(6) over 3x10(8) which is 1 over 150

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully B2 & B3 is much more easier. As normally they give one harder type exam, then the other tends to be slightly more straightforward. Dont forget it is still possible to get the A* even if you get a B in this exam. Its 25% so as long you did well in your CA & do well in B2&3 then you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro4TLZZ)
    i put lichens . is it right?

I dont think so, unless I miss read the question. Lichen is a plant not an animal. Over 90% over the people I talked to wrote lichen aswell, so don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many questions were there as a whole?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    I made obvious blunders! Like on the, 'name another indicator other than the one you just answered' I wrote something like 'quadrat test for water' Pretty sure I only got 50
    "Only" 50?! I probably only managed 25 or 26! Plus I think 50 will be an A/A* because 2015's grade boundaries was 47 for an A* and 2014 was 44 for an A*. Don't worry, you did better than me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecomputernerd)
    loads of people are saying that nicotine is addictive won't give you a mark, and we had to say withdrawal symptoms and dependency, oh well i think we should get a mark for saying nicotine is addictive, because its true?
    the independent one i think you can have a company which is not affiliated with the original drug company so bias is avoided

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.