Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The exam officially starts at 1.30 but schools can chose to make it half an hour earlier or later. Therefore anything from 1pm to 2pm.

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard to believe some people are doing the paper at 9:30, this means that you can just share answers at 11:00 and you'd have 2 and a half hours to do this.

Having the paper at 1:45 wouldnt make any difference though as its not like we have any way of telling you what comes up in the first and last 15 mins

ReputationRep:
    If you truly do have your exam at 9.30, holla me allllll the answers hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zain khan)
    ive got it half 9
    tell me what was on it then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runningcat)
    Are you sure?...
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    They might aswell get rid of sections 3 & 4 if they can't be arsed to even use them enough.

ReputationRep:
    I found the exam to be mainly knowledge based and fairly easy, at least compared to paper 1. That is of course relative to what my strengths are and what I revised most.

ReputationRep:
    First question was membrane-bound dipeptidases right? Was the third questions on amino acids have something to do with inhibiting the proteins?

ReputationRep:
    For the question which said how many times more effective was disinfectant D to B, did people get an answer which was around 1.84?

ReputationRep:
    I did the one about making your own investigstion for lead concentration on tomato plants and the guy with the alleles at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neyscar)
    For the question which said how many times more effective was disinfectant D to B, did people get an answer which was around 1.84?
    yes (think- something like that) - i found the diameter of both circles . then area then i divided them both

ReputationRep:
    So no questions on lung disease, heart disease, protein synthesis on either paper - in other words the things I know the best!

Anyone have any guesses what the grade boundaries will be?

Also, did anyone else put protease for the question on what other enzyme is needed?

ReputationRep:
    For the diameter question I got 2.9 for the disinfectant question and then the ratio question I got 3.6:1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ostrava)
    So no questions on lung disease, heart disease, protein synthesis on either paper - in other words the things I know the best!

Anyone have any guesses what the grade boundaries will be?

Also, did anyone else put protease for the question on what other enzyme is needed?
    dipeptidase

ReputationRep:
    did everyone put that the sea water had a higher WP or lower WP?

ReputationRep:
    Also for the question saying why water loss would not necessary equal water uptake, i said used in respiration but also the apparatus may not be sealed (guessing they used a potometer)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyjacks)
    Lower water potential because seawater has a higher solute concentration

ReputationRep:
    I said lower? More salt/solute so more negative w.p.? I don't know lol

ReputationRep:
    I think you have to say seawater has a lower water potential because it's got more salt and ions and stuff in it so water in the worms cells will move by osmosis out into the seawater and the worms cells will shrink and become damaged

ReputationRep:
    I thought this Paper 2 was a lot better than Paper 1 - probably because there was more time for revision.

Surprisingly, there was a lot more on practical work and not much on the ventilation and heart.

What did you guys write for question 2 about the exo and edo enzymes and why both of them working together is better.
    Think I got that one wrong

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.