Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything for law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angusfry)
    Anyone heard anything for law?
    According to the calendar on LSE webpage, offers will only come out in mid November. This means that we have to wait for at least another 2 Fridays but there might be rejections on next Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heheboy)
    According to the calendar on LSE webpage, offers will only come out in mid November. This means that we have to wait for at least another 2 Fridays but there might be rejections on next Thursday
    Could you be so kind as to link this calendar ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bean sprout)
    Could you be so kind as to link this calendar ?
    Here you go

LSE Calendar: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad...sCalendar.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heheboy)
    The calendar says "first decisions are transmitted to UCAS" which includes rejections so I wouldn't discount anyone getting offers today (although I definitely don't think it's for certain either)

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for M.Sc Data Science and M.Sc Statistics (Research) in LSE. I know that asking about LSE's graduate career prospects is like a joke, but what about Department of Statistics, particularly? I want to pursue a career in Data Science or Applied Statistics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    The calendar says "first decisions are transmitted to UCAS" which includes rejections so I wouldn't discount anyone getting offers today (although I definitely don't think it's for certain either)
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received any replies today?

ReputationRep:
    There is a chance that very few people heard back (for at least 1 course), but they might not use TSR.
    It is the first week of decisions though, don't get too stressed. There will be a long wait for many applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I decided that it's time for a thread for everyone applying to LSE for entry in 2017. That includes current Year 12 students like me and others who are applying for various reasons.

Feel free to say what course you're applying to and why, as well as your GCSEs, predicted A Level grades, extracurriculars or anything else you want to write about!
    Also, if there is already a thread like this can you tell me, i couldn't find anything so I made this.
    Hi all,
    I'm applying for Politics & International Relations, my predicted grades in all subjects I take are above 90% (I'm following Polish National Curriculum), which is equivalent to A*.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm applying to LSE for Maths and Econ
    I got AAAA in maths, further maths, econ and politics at AS
    Average UMS for Maths and FM is 92
    A*A*A for prediction since I have dropped politics
    But I haven't got any messages from LSE :/
    Should I be worried? And what time will they give out offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex1314)
    Hey guys,

I'm applying to LSE for Maths and Econ?
    Did you apply Maths and Econ everywhere else too? & was your PS split roughly 50/50 between Maths&Eco?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm applying to LSE for Maths and Econ
    I got AAAA in maths, further maths, econ and politics at AS
    Average UMS for Maths and FM is 92
    A*A*A for prediction since I have dropped politics
    But I haven't got any messages from LSE :/
    Should I be worried? And what time will they give out offers?
    Which date did you apply on? I myself am applying for Economics and I wouldn't expect an offer until late December or early January. They try to make most of their decisions within 12 weeks of receiving your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econprospective)
    Did you apply Maths and Econ everywhere else too? & was your PS split roughly 50/50 between Maths&Eco?
    Not really, I applied plain Economics at Cambridge, UCL and Warwick and finance at Durham.

I did a paragraph about the application of maths into Economics but not sure whether that would be enough or not. Mostly I wrote about the activities I participated and the internship I secured

ReputationRep:
    Which date did you apply on? I myself am applying for Economics and I wouldn't expect an offer until late December or early January. They try to make most of their decisions within 12 weeks of receiving your application.
    I sent my application on the 15th cuz I applied for Cambridge as well. And I've got an offer from Warwick so I am a bit worried about LSE. Thank you for telling me that. It might take longer than I thought

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application on the 15th cuz I applied for Cambridge as well. And I've got an offer from Warwick so I am a bit worried about LSE. Thank you for telling me that. It might take longer than I thought
    Congrats on the Warwick offer! When did you receive it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econprospective)
    Congrats on the Warwick offer! When did you receive it?
    Thanks And I got it on the 27th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    They won't reject someone just because of GCSE grades, unless maybe if your BBC is in a relevant subject like Maths, which I doubt it is the case for you, so you should be fine.
    I did IGCSE, so I don't know how strong your grades are compared to other GCSE students.
    Oh yes they will. Several people in the 2016 thread were rejected for their GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer last year on Feb 19th. Expect a similar wait this time around.

ReputationRep:
    See my post above. You could be waiting a while for LSE but you don't have to do anything until all of your offers are in.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.