Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mr Speaker,

Would you please include the results of by-election IX in the wiki?

Thanks!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Mr Speaker,

Would you please include the results of by-election IX in the wiki?

Thanks!
    I will do, probably at the same time as I put in the election details.

ReputationRep:
    Saracen's Fez In the event that TheBigMan2's ban is permanent and that he wins a seat, what will happen? Will there be an immediate by-election, or will votes cast for him be discounted?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Saracen's Fez In the event that TheBigMan2's ban is permanent and that he wins a seat, what will happen? Will there be an immediate by-election, or will votes cast for him be discounted?
    If he's banned permanently before the election concludes he won't be able to win a seat – it will go to whomever was next going to win a seat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    If he's banned permanently before the election concludes he won't be able to win a seat – it will go to whomever was next going to win a seat.
    Fair enough, thank you for clarifying

ReputationRep:
    I seem to recall this isn't the first time that's happened. Do you think it'd be worthwhile considering an earlier deadline for independents to register their candidacy so there's more time for their accounts to be checked before the election commences?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    I seem to recall this isn't the first time that's happened. Do you think it'd be worthwhile considering an earlier deadline for independents to register their candidacy so there's more time for their accounts to be checked before the election commences?
    There's no requirement for an independent to be checked in any way as it stands, and indeed with someone like JD I'm not sure there would be any great clamour for dupe checks to be run. Any change in deadline would have to come via an amendment but I'm not convinced there's a need to do this.

ReputationRep:
    There's no requirement for an independent to be checked in any way as it stands, and indeed with someone like JD I'm not sure there would be any great clamour for dupe checks to be run. Any change in deadline would have to come via an amendment but I'm not convinced there's a need to do this.
    Fair enough - definitely not with the likes of JD of course but I don't think this is the first time we've had someone nobody's heard of show up and promptly get banned very quickly.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Fair enough - definitely not with the likes of JD of course but I don't think this is the first time we've had someone nobody's heard of show up and promptly get banned very quickly.
    No reason you can't ask for a check though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    No reason you can't ask for a check though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I always assumed that a check was done on unknown independents and that's why a few got banned almost immidiately. It would seem weird that checks are standard to join a party but not to run as an indie!

ReputationRep:
    If he's banned it's for at least a week hence he should be removed from the ballot or at least frozen so nobody else can.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Saracen's Fez

Thank you Mr Speaker for a smoothly run election. Do you know whenabouts we'll be able to get verification on the results?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Saracen's Fez

Thank you Mr Speaker for a smoothly run election. Do you know whenabouts we'll be able to get verification on the results?
    I have given the CT another reminder but I still haven't heard anything back.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I have given the CT another reminder but I still haven't heard anything back.
    Fair enough. Who's the CT member in charge of this stuff nowadays? It's not jenhasdreams anymore right?
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Fair enough. Who's the CT member in charge of this stuff nowadays? It's not jenhasdreams anymore right?
    It's Danny Dorito I believe
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by iEthan)
    It's Danny Dorito I believe
    Cool.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    She's doing the verification, yes.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    She's doing the verification, yes.
    Then it should be done pretty quickly.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Then it should be done pretty quickly.
    I hope we will have a result before the weekend.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Saracen's Fez - any update on VA163 and VA165?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.