The NBA 2016-17 Thread - Season begins tonight!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Russ will never join LA bro you guys need to rebuild and he's in his prime. Your best hope rests with Ingram growing into a monster!

Don't watch fam Ingram will be a poor man's KD, which I'd be happy with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)

Don't watch fam Ingram will be a poor man's KD, which I'd be happy with.
    I think he can be just as good, possibly better, only time will tell though

ReputationRep:
    I think he can be just as good, possibly better, only time will tell though
    Man needs to hit the weight room. Then watch out

ReputationRep:
    LeBron Jr ballin' https://www.instagram.com/p/BIDjPwnjx30/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackened_sky)
    LeBron Jr ballin' https://www.instagram.com/p/BIDjPwnjx30/
    His oldest is an absolute beast, spitting image of his Dad too, can't wait for Shaqs son to enter the league too

ReputationRep:
    I sadly support the biggest chokers in the league, the la clippers
    Also like the Boston Celtics, support them in the eastern conference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireviseveryhard)
    Nah mate, I think there's another team that stripped you and OKC of the title of being ultimate chokers *cough* Golden State *cough*

ReputationRep:
    His oldest is an absolute beast, spitting image of his Dad too, can't wait for Shaqs son to enter the league too
    They must've inherited the jumpshot from LeBron's wife LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Always heard good things but this is the first time I've seen anything of him. 11 years old and he'd probably break my ankles :embarrassed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireviseveryhard)
    Clippers are my West team too. Next year! Just gotta keep Blake healthy.

(Original post by eden3)
    They must've inherited the jumpshot from LeBron's wife LOL.
    :rofl: Yeah they definitely went 0 for fi....shiiiiiiiit

(Original post by blackened_sky)
    Always heard good things but this is the first time I've seen anything of him. 11 years old and he'd probably break my ankles :embarrassed:
    Checks out Shaqs son Shareef, kid is in a league of his own, the size of his dad with way better handles and a sick jumpshot

Well not quite at Shaqs height yet but 6'9 and 16 :p:

ReputationRep:
    East team would be Philly for me. Interesting watching Dubs and Philly match each other at the start of the season, one for Ws and the other Ls

ReputationRep:
    Whats your predictions for the top 8 in each conference?
    mine's
    East- Cavs/Raptors/Pacers/Celtics/Pistons/Hawks/Bucks/Knicks
    West-Warriors/Spurs/Grizzlies/Clippers/Portland/Jazz/Rockets/Thunder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMEisjames)
    Whats your predictions for the top 8 in each conference?
    mine's
    East- Cavs/Raptors/Pacers/Celtics/Pistons/Hawks/Bucks/Knicks
    West-Warriors/Spurs/Grizzlies/Clippers/Portland/Jazz/Rockets/Thunder
    I'd put Bulls over Bucks. Have Rockets made any moves since losing Dwight? If Harden alone can get them to playoffs he's back in the MVP race. Dwight is a shadow of his former self (understatement) but he still averages a double double.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Waiters signs with Heat, but he's trash so its not really news for either team

ReputationRep:

Waiters signs with Heat, but he's trash so its not really news for either team
    Keep your ring :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'd put Bulls over Bucks. Have Rockets made any moves since losing Dwight? If Harden alone can get them to playoffs he's back in the MVP race. Dwight is a shadow of his former self (understatement) but he still averages a double double.
    Bulls have horrible spacing with only Mirotic being able to shoot a 3 consistentley, plus Wade was dreadful in the normal season. With Parker having had a full season, i think he'll push on plus point Giannis will also get alot better.

Rockets signed Gordon and Anderson, plus they were apparently better defensively when dwight was off the floor. I think Capella will be a monster on defence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMEisjames)
    Bulls have horrible spacing with only Mirotic being able to shoot a 3 consistentley, plus Wade was dreadful in the normal season. With Parker having had a full season, i think he'll push on plus point Giannis will also get alot better.

Rockets signed Gordon and Anderson, plus they were apparently better defensively when dwight was off the floor. I think Capella will be a monster on defence.
    I wouldn't call 19 PPG on 46% shooting over 70+ games dreadful. Obviously Dwyane's declining, but those numbers are still better than most in the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    I wouldn't call 19 PPG on 46% shooting over 70+ games dreadful. Obviously Dwyane's declining, but those numbers are still better than most in the league.
    Heat were actually better with him off the floor, their defence rating was better

ReputationRep:
    I'm personally a Golden State Warriors fan, I've been watching Steph since about 2011, and the guy is literally tearing up the league, I don't think I've ever witnessed a better 3pt shooter than him.
    But I have to say he's got some serious competition, and the main person I had in mind is LeBron James of the Cavs

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.