Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.67%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.24%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerStrawberry)
    Anyone got any idea why it's not showing in the Play Store?
    I assume they removed it from the play store until they get their servers back online for the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This game is evil

ReputationRep:
    Mine doesn't work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Mine doesn't work
    Yeah servers are down right now lol, you picked a bad time.

ReputationRep:
    I downloaded it just now and it won't work! I really wanted to try it out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GothicShield)
    Before i go look for pokemon, I force stop all the running apps i dont need running like youtube, chrome, maps, tsr lol and other apps i wont be using

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah i do that too. i'm permanently on power saving mode and the minimum brightness i can handle. my battery life is just terrible lol

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even walk outside and I caught charmander !

ReputationRep:
    I'm back online, but its awful slow and rubbish at the moment lol!

My poor character can't seem to locate me and is walking off down my road , I would worry but yaknow, I've got eggs that her confusion is helping me to hatch. She's done over 300m of walking so far while I've been sat on my sofa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I didn't even walk outside and I caught charmander !
    They give you a starter pokemon to catch...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    They give you a starter pokemon to catch...
    :facepalm::vroam:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Servers are BACK up.
    They're still being a little buggy though, just about to catch a 182 Staryu and it stopped with an 'Error' warning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyberJake)
    Servers are BACK up.
    They're still being a little buggy though, just about to catch a 182 Staryu and it stopped with an 'Error' warning.
    Not workin for me, im using my trainer account, it keeps saying unable to authenticate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyberJake)
    Servers are BACK up.They're still being a little buggy though, just about to catch a 182 Staryu and it stopped with an 'Error' warning.
    Still not showing in Google Play...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerStrawberry)
    Still not showing in Google Play...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mongo&hl=en_GB

ReputationRep:
    So annoyed they were down while I was in London today. I would have gotten lots of stuff from the Pokestops!

I'm back up north at my parents' house now, and there's nothing in a 10 minute radius.

ReputationRep:

Apparently it's not compatible with my device, and a quick Google search reveals that it is indeed not compatible with the S5 Mini - it seems that it doesn't have enough RAM (Pokemon Go needs 2GB; the S5 Mini has 1.5GB).

How frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    So annoyed they were down while I was in London today. I would have gotten lots of stuff from the Pokestops!

I'm back up north at my parents' house now, and there's nothing in a 10 minute radius.
    I live pretty close to a uni a accommodation and campus and there's like 5 pokestops in there. I'm too scared to wonder in though

ReputationRep:
    still can't get on
    It won't log my pokemon trainer account on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    I live pretty close to a uni a accommodation and campus and there's like 5 pokestops in there. I'm too scared to wonder in though
    Haha I would just go for it! Most Pokestops I've been to this week have had other people walking around on their phones obviously playing too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    Haha I would just go for it! Most Pokestops I've been to this week have had other people walking around on their phones obviously playing too!
    I have quite a few other Pokestops near me, I've been hitting them at around 11pm when nobody is around. Easy. I can't do that with the Pokestops in the university since apparently students don't sleep...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.