A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get all A's for ALL UNITS ( if so how many ) ??

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • English Language: Predicted C / Achieved A
    • English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved B
    • History: Predicted B / Achieved B
    • Sociology: Predicted A/ Achieved B
    Comments and reactions
    I was really surprised with my results as I was certain that I had failed History. So overall I am really pleased, however I know that I could have gotten better in Sociology and History! I was slightly disappointed in English Literature due to the fact I was 1 mark of an A, but sadly my courses are linear so a remark would seem pointless.

Future ambitions

Hopefully get my grades up to AAA/AAB for next year. I am wanting to study History or English Literature but I'm really unsure. Any help on this decision would be appreciated. I also want to get an A in my EPQ (if anyone else is doing this with AQA let me know)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NNB_Herath)
    I didn’t. Did you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10studentlife)
    Results
    • English Language: Predicted C / Achieved A
    • English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved B
    • History: Predicted B / Achieved B
    • Sociology: Predicted A/ Achieved B
    Comments and reactions
    I was really surprised with my results as I was certain that I had failed History. So overall I am really pleased, however I know that I could have gotten better in Sociology and History! I was slightly disappointed in English Literature due to the fact I was 1 mark of an A, but sadly my courses are linear so a remark would seem pointless.

Future ambitions

Hopefully get my grades up to AAA/AAB for next year. I am wanting to study History or English Literature but I'm really unsure. Any help on this decision would be appreciated. I also want to get an A in my EPQ (if anyone else is doing this with AQA let me know)!
    I just got an A* in my EPQ last week so PM me if you any advice !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    I didn’t. Did you?
    Yep... I did 4 subjects...Bio Chem Physics Maths (IAL)
    I got 11 A's for all units

ReputationRep:
    Yep... I did 4 subjects...Bio Chem Physics Maths (IAL)
    I got 11 A's for all units
    Wait Maths has 3 units. How are the other 8 units shared between the sciences.

ReputationRep:
    Wait Maths has 3 units. How are the other 8 units shared between the sciences.
    I did C12 and S1 for MATHS

ReputationRep:
    I did C12 and S1 for MATHS
    Oh right calm. I already know how the Maths AS is structured. You said you did 11 units across your 4 subjects. How were the 8 units structured in Biology , Chemistry and Physics?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right calm. I already know how the Maths AS is structured. You said you did 11 units across your 4 subjects. How were the 8 units structured in Biology , Chemistry and Physics?
    Structures were as usual i guess
    I don't get what you ask for
    1.Bio Unit 1
    2.Bio Unit 2
    3.Bio Unit 3

4.Chem Unit 1
    5.Chem Unit 2
    6.Chem Unit 3

7.Physics Unit 1
    8.Physics Unit 2
    9.Physics Unit 3

10.Math C12
    11.Math S1

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did - maths, further maths, geography, music - total 11 units all As

ReputationRep:
    Structures were as usual i guess
    I don't get what you ask for
    1.Bio Unit 1
    2.Bio Unit 2
    3.Bio Unit 3

4.Chem Unit 1
    5.Chem Unit 2
    6.Chem Unit 3

7.Physics Unit 1
    8.Physics Unit 2
    9.Physics Unit 3

10.Math C12
    11.Math S1
    I think it's an international thing (IAL?). I thought when you wrote C12 that you ment C1, C2 hence maths would have consisted of 3 units . Makes sense now. Well done for smashing the a grades in the 11 units!!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's an international thing (IAL?). I thought when you wrote C12 that you ment C1, C2 hence maths would of consisted of 3 units . Makes sense now. Well done for smashing the a grades in the 11 units!!
    awww got you now xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    I had a nightmare that I misread a B as an A and thought I'd got AAAA when really I'd got AAAB. Then I woke up and checked and it was still AAAA. Scary.
    I feel your pain.
    (Original post by Bella909)
    But everything you learn in AS is relevant to the A level course as a whole??
    Yes it is relevant; but if you take English Literature for example, the text list is different, meaning for what is meant to be the equivalent unit, you need to study more texts for the A Level in addition to the AS. The exam format is also changed. But fundamentally, you will end up with an A Level and an AS Level in each of the subjects under the new system: essentially one and a half A Levels. So if you take each one separately, in an example where you'd done AS level English Literature, psychology and sociology; you would have the following qualifications if you continued them all through next year:
    AS level English Literature,
    AS level psychology,
    AS level sociology,
    A level English Literature,
    A level psychology,
    A level sociology
    That's 6 qualifications in 3 subjects over a two year period.
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Yes it's two years work idk where 3 comes from. It's just we have to try and remember last year's work as well as this years
    The A Level and the AS are separate qualifications. The AS level is a one year course. The A Level is a two year course. 1+2=3.
    (Original post by elegantelephant)
    Hey, I clicked 'add qualifications' on the Education section and selected 'GCE Advanced Subsidiary' - I added Sociology but History also appears on this list. I've listed my AS Sociology as a separate qualification from A-level Sociology for now (just put the grade as 'pending' on A-level). Hope this makes sense and sorry if it's not what you asked!
    They are separate (decoupled) qualifications so this is all you can do.
    (Original post by EmilyJ1215)
    Does anyone on her who has done one of the reformed A Levels have any idea as to how we enter the AS grade on UCAS given the qualification name doesn't appear? There is no option for my history course at AS (only A2) so I don't know where to enter my grade...
    They will need to be entered separately because they are separate (decoupled) qualifications.
    (Original post by brxvebird)
    Tad disappointed with Literature but I have to redo the exams anyway because they're post reform so it doesn't matter too much.
    You don't the exam is different (same name, slightly different content); you may need to learn new stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I got AAA in my AS levels in maths bio and chem, should I pick up an AS in physics next year?

ReputationRep:
    My AS results went terribly and especially since I'm applying for Medicine, I'm so scared. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Rotfl. I got a C for AQA Physics as well
    Yup it destroyed me haha! I got the highest mark in the college for my mock and
    was predicted a solid A. Don't worry, we will smash physics next year

ReputationRep:
    w
    (Original post by tessa.lin)
    My AS results went terribly and especially since I'm applying for Medicine, I'm so scared. What should I do?
    what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tessa.lin)
    Chill Everyone, well almost everyone, will get a few bad grades at some point -
    this is my first time too, I got ACC. Take it as a learning curve and make it make you motivated to smash A2. You can easily make up for it, evaluate where you went
    wrong, work hard and do not give up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueDAN)
    Yup it destroyed me haha! I got the highest mark in the college for my mock and
    was predicted a solid A. Don't worry, we will smash physics next year
    Lol I wish ... I'm dropping that mother****er like a bomb. Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry for me next year. You?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I wish ... I'm dropping that mother****er like a bomb. Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry for me next year. You?
    Haha fair enough mate Maths, Further Maths and Physics for me, I dropped
    chem halfway through the year and I think I will do EPQ this year as well !

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.