UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

Medicine Man
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Barts aren't that bad are they - they state a cut-off mark but i don't think they are as bad as Kings where they rank everyone! Once you make the cut-off mark and meet the entry requirments, you are treated with anyone on par who also meets the requirments!
Correct me if i'm wrong guys! :P:
lotusx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Medicine Man)
Barts aren't that bad are they - they state a cut-off mark but i don't think they are as bad as Kings where they rank everyone! Once you make the cut-off mark and meet the entry requirments, you are treated with anyone on par who also meets the requirments!
do you know what the cut off mark for kings is?
motiv3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
medicine man, have you done the UKCAT yet?

And to those who did their UKCAT today, congratulations absolutely amazing scores!
* Dain Bramaged *
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
those talking about headphones/earplugs...did you bring your own?
or do they always give you a pair?
* Dain Bramaged *
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
o...and well done!
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lotusx)
do you know what the cut off mark for kings is?
i have no idea but last year, i heard it was 650 average.
Its probably all rumours though! People spread ****** like that to make people nervous! Quite mean i think!

Well thats what i've heard anyway! Take that with a pinch of salt!
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by motiv3)
medicine man, have you done the UKCAT yet?

And to those who did their UKCAT today, congratulations absolutely amazing scores!
no not yet
have it booked for the 28/08
i'm no superman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not happy.

VR - 540
QR - 690
AR - 560
DA - 630

Total - 2420
Average - 605
Kinkerz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nah King's and Newcastle are the ones that rank applicants based on the UKCAT. An absolutely ridiculous way determine which applicants get interviewed in my opinion!
Bart's aren't quite as severe, but they're still UKCAT heavy.
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)
I'm not happy.

VR - 540
QR - 690
AR - 560
DA - 630

Total - 2420
Average - 605
whay aren't you hapy - that score is good! Well done!
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kinkerz)
Nah King's and Newcastle are the ones that rank applicants based on the UKCAT. An absolutely ridiculous way determine which applicants get interviewed in my opinion!
Bart's aren't quite as severe, but they're still UKCAT heavy.
huh?:confused:
thats what i said!
Kinkerz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^^ I was agreeing. It made sense to me...
motiv3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)
I'm not happy.

VR - 540
QR - 690
AR - 560
DA - 630

Total - 2420
Average - 605
can i ask why aren't you happy lol?
i'm no superman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
whay aren't you hapy - that score is good! Well done!
It's rubbish, let's be honest I'm not going to get an interview at King's or Manchester with that. Have no idea where to apply to now.

I guessed the last 21 questions for QR and came out with 690 in that section, which I found horrific, so I'm utterly confused with regards to strategy. I bet I would have done better guessing as much in the other sections than actually trying to give it a go.
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kinkerz)
^^ I was agreeing. It made sense to me...
oh my bad! lol:hugs:
iheartvet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)
I'm not happy.

VR - 540
QR - 690
AR - 560
DA - 630

Total - 2420
Average - 605
Your QR is really good. Honestly, I think that most people do not do as well as those who are reporting on the forum. Aren't you glad it is over?
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)
It's rubbish, let's be honest I'm not going to get an interview at King's or Manchester with that. Have no idea where to apply to now.

I guessed the last 21 questions for QR and came out with 690 in that section, which I found horrific, so I'm utterly confused with regards to strategy. I bet I would have done better guessing as much in the other sections than actually trying to give it a go.
No seriously - this mate of mine who's a year older than us did his ukcat and got 603 average (similar to yours) and applied to Manchester with similar GCSEs to yours and got an OFFER! The UKCAT is not the be all and end all of an application form!!! I don't even know why i'm saying this like you did bad! You actually didn't!!!!! Seriuosly! :yep: :yep:

THe people on here that get like 800 averages are just freakingly smart, or have a natural inclination towards aptitude tests! DOn't worry! THe BMAT is what actually tests your scientific knowledge, and not your ability to decipher codes! :yep:
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)
I'm not happy.

VR - 540
QR - 690
AR - 560
DA - 630

Total - 2420
Average - 605
dont worry about it, its damn good

and some poeple are suited to aptitude tests, you practised and did your best, What more do you want?

and places wont place more weight on the UKCAt than the GCSE results, i.e very little.
lotusx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)

tbh i don't remember the people at manchester saying that the ukcat score is a critical part of the process, their main emphasis is on the PS and interview. if you're really worried, call them up. or you could look at places like leicester [which definitely don't put so much emphasis on ukcat] or birmingham. besides, your top choices are ICL and UCL, right? so you could focus on doing really really well in the bmat to get into those...
i guessed most of the q's for QR as well and was sitting with my head in my hands going OH CRAP for most of the test, but i managed to get 650.
i really wouldn't worry about it, your score is fine! like other people said, you worked for it and you shouldn't be upset about it :hugs:
* Dain Bramaged *
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
woah! someone jus told me that an admissions ukcat guy (who works for pearson) told them that the scores aren't the amount you get right but its how many in a row you get right. do ya think thats possible?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads