This discussion is closed.
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lfc4life)
I hope so too, I have Clichy.

As for Vidic/Evra-maybe, but they miss a week then have chelsea and liverpool away, so I'd hold off.
Aye, I was torn between putting in Bosingwa or Clichy, but Bosingwa's cheaper, Chelsea's defence is more likely to keep a clean sheet, and he also looks great roaming forward! I'll put in Clichy if Laursen turns out to be rubbish...

I've got Ferdinand in my team, but I was unaware of all the rules regarding teams missing a week! I feel sorry for people who have VDS in goal and Vidic and Ferdinand in defence!
Phalanges
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by v1oXx-)
I like, I like.
I liked my team on Friday. Now I don't.
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
if Laursen turns out to be rubbish...
Laursen's our main target man, and is a good header of the ball even when marked by two people.

So even if we don't keep that many clean sheets (and now we've strengthened our defence, and they iron out a couple of communication issues etc., we should keep our fair share), he can be relied on for the odd goal.
lfc4life
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Aye, I was torn between putting in Bosingwa or Clichy, but Bosingwa's cheaper, Chelsea's defence is more likely to keep a clean sheet, and he also looks great roaming forward! I'll put in Clichy if Laursen turns out to be rubbish...

I've got Ferdinand in my team, but I was unaware of all the rules regarding teams missing a week! I feel sorry for people who have VDS in goal and Vidic and Ferdinand in defence!
Yea I have Bosingwa too. So 1 chelsea, 1 arsenal and 1 liverpool(reina). No united defenders yet.
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago

I don't, it serves them right for not planning ahead lol.
Melancholy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm glad Newcastle drew against Man Utd Just gutted that Adebayor (my captain) and some of my other big names didn't play well.

...Lescott was rubbish too.

What are the rules regarding teams missing a week?
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonnyofengland)
Laursen's our main target man, and is a good header of the ball even when marked by two people.

So even if we don't keep that many clean sheets (and now we've strengthened our defence, and they iron out a couple of communication issues etc., we should keep our fair share), he can be relied on for the odd goal.
It was a fairly silly penalty to give away on Sunday though. Would have liked Laursen to have got at least 2 points!
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Melancholy)
I'm glad Newcastle drew against Man Utd Just gutted that Adebayor (my captain) and some of my other big names didn't play well.

...Lescott was rubbish too.

What are the rules regarding teams missing a week?
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/h...tegory=scoring

Yep, I kicked Lescott out of my team straight away!
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It was a fairly silly penalty to give away on Sunday though. Would have liked Laursen to have got at least 2 points!
If the penalty was fairly silly, the lack of concentration to gift them a second goal was bordering on the clinically insane.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonnyofengland)
If the penalty was fairly silly, the lack of concentration to gift them a second goal was bordering on the clinically insane.
Well, it's understandable to lose concentration when you're 4-1 up I guess...
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, it's understandable to lose concentration when you're 4-1 up I guess...
Yeah, but hardly professional is it? Especially not first game of the season - and a game in which the defence had to do very little.

Still, musn't be too hard on them.
Mutiny!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Right my team, 'Team Gash', is now part of that league lol. Should be a laff.
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/h...tegory=scoring

Yep, I kicked Lescott out of my team straight away!
:no: :no:
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anelka9)
:no: :no:
lol why? He was absolutely shocking on Saturday! Plus, now I've got an extra £1.0m to spend on future transfers!
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
After I used the wildcard, the value of my players increased, now I have more money in the bank. :rofl:
I am having selection dilemnas
Which 3 to pick in defence: Clichy, A Cole, Ooijer, Luke Young, Valente...
Who will score the goal this week
TI-84
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't use my Wildcard this early mate.
Keep it for when Ronaldo gets back - seriously.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A Wildcard on week 2?

Are you completely insane? - Yes, you are. :p:
jh_1988_england
Report 10 years ago
whats a wildcard and how you use one
this probs sounds like a daft question...but oh well
Colesy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
A Wildcard on week 2?

Are you completely insane? - Yes, you are. :p:
Agreed haha.

(Original post by jh_1988_england)
whats a wildcard and how you use one
this probs sounds like a daft question...but oh well
Make any of the transfers you want to make, click confirm transfers, and their should be an option called use wildcard or something similar. Click that, and then from the time you use it until the deadline you can make as many transfers as you like with no point cost .
jh_1988_england
Report 10 years ago
ahh right-chears
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise