Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candescence)
    Yep, I got one too.
    Good then! Time to reach deep into our wallets! :yep: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey mates, how many of you haven't got accommodation or tution fee invoice. I am still waiting for both of them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bober02)
    Hey mates, how many of you haven't got accommodation or tution fee invoice. I am still waiting for both of them...
    I got my invoice today. No tuition fee notice yet though.

ReputationRep:
    I got the invoice for the pre-payment, which apparently serves only as a record. As for the other big chunk of accommodation fees, no invoice yet!

ReputationRep:
    Damn I'll start asking questions on Monday

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone driving in next saturday to drop their stuff off??? im not sure what to take either are there any lists etc?
    thnx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AK9)
    Is anyone driving in next saturday to drop their stuff off??? im not sure what to take either are there any lists etc?
    thnx
    Take bed-linen, Kitchenware and clothes as a minimum. I'm sure you can get anything you've forgotten whilst you're there

ReputationRep:
    Thanks does bed-linen include the duvet and pillow?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Unless you want to be cold and get a sprained neck every time you go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    are people bringing their own food or just buying it there? I'm tempted to bring as much as possible, so that I don't have to spend too much for the first few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stef90)
    are people bringing their own food or just buying it there? I'm tempted to bring as much as possible, so that I don't have to spend too much for the first few weeks.
    Lol Stef, how much of your own food do you really think you are going to eat in freshers rather than going out? That and you don't know how much space you have in the fridge, if you have a tiny little pocket for your food and you bring all the cheese in France, you're going to have a bit of trouble storing it. I'd say bring a few essentials (i.e. Beer) and then buy food in London afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    well obviously not for fresher's, I was thinking of bringing long term foods (pasta, noodles, dried stuff). More food you bring means more money you can spend on night outs, drinks etc.....I'll just leave the stuff in my room, no one will dare to touch it :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of bringing some basics like pasta etc and then just hoping my room mate doesn't take a fancy to it....

ReputationRep:
    There's a Sainsbury's 5 minutes from Evelyn Gardens so I probably won't take any food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AK9)
    Thanks does bed-linen include the duvet and pillow?
    Get one of those pillows that fluff up only when you open the packaging. Saves space if you have to travel much.

ReputationRep:
    There's a Sainsbury's 5 minutes from Evelyn Gardens so I probably won't take any food.
    If you're coming in a car you may as well bring a bit of food, you might be disorganised in the first few days (even the 24-hour shops shut for much of Sunday, for instance).
    If you intend to cook properly, then bring the heavy stuff in a car -- tins of chopped tomatoes, 3kg bag of pasta, 10l of fruit juice etc.

(It's more like 1-2 minutes, btw, and it's only a Sainsbury's Local)

ReputationRep:
    It is farther than 5 mins I think. ( I refer to the large Sains)

ReputationRep:
    Erm, anyone still haven't got their accommodation invoice yet?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    I haven't.
    Oh ok. If everyone got it except for me, then something is wrong. :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 10, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.