Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i hope barca get madrid and get their asses kicked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    did you not have more shots with 10 than you did with 11 :lolwut:
    Maybe in this case but I'm trying to show him that his point is slightly illogical?

I'm feeling slightly depressed, and pretty emotionless at the moment. I don't have the heart to argue, I just want to go to bed. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jermaindefoe)
      did you not have more shots with 10 than you did with 11 :lolwut:
      Does having no striker allow yet another Barca player, if not 2 to play another 10 yards up the pitch?

ReputationRep:
      I'll admit Barca outplayed us, but that Barca recieved i think not one yellow card tells us everything. How Van persie was sent of I will NEVER know. Really angry the ref was influenced by the Barca players and NOT the crowd.

Those ***** fell at every single opportunity and whenever one of ours fell they were accusing them of diving. ****ING HYPOCRISY.

I think we would have kept the 1 goal lead if Van P had been on and Van P would have taken Bentdners chance, left foot control onto the right and smashed in methinks.

BUt that Arsene waited for so long to bring on a striker peeved me of to, playing no one upfront meant barca could bomb on without a care in the world and thats what undid us. Whats the point in keeping cesc on if he hasnt got anyone to pass it to? Thats one of the very few times Ive been annoyed with Arsene!

BUTTT

The BEST game to have next is Man U. Van persie back, Cesc back and Almunia playing well means we HAVE to win in the FA Cup. WE havent had to many must wins, but this is definetely one of them.

And on a side note, if Chesney is out for a prolonged perioud of time, HUGE HUGE blow, cannot be understated his influence this season!

But onwards and upwards, yes, the manner in which we lost is despicable and disgusting, but the domestic trophies were, have been and always will be our priorities this season. We've lost one in the final, now lets not **** up the other 2!

ReputationRep:
      Chamakh should have played instead of Bendtner, and he should have come on before Arshavin.

ReputationRep:
      Samir Nasri
      GOAL! Barca 1 - 1 Arsenal (Van Persie '53)

From Nasri, Cesc etc's FB page :erm:

Can't take credit away from Biscuits :dice:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abiraleft)
      I'm feeling slightly depressed, and pretty emotionless at the moment. I don't have the heart to argue, I just want to go to bed. :sigh:
      This x 1000.

Also, RVP and Fabregas have probs sustained season ending injuries and Theo just died in a car crash, welcome to the Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RNBen)
      Even in the 55 minutes he was on the pitch you had 0 shots...
      And? An outlet up top and someone to close them down would've made it a different game. It's not just having an extra player, it means people like Nasri and Cesc etc dont need to sprint forward and sprint back.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JK.)
      I genuinely predicted we'd score without a having a shot on target. :rofl2:

Ah well, disappointing outcome but a fair one, I think. They might have some classless *****, not that any club doesn't, but this Barca side have to be the best club side in history. No shame in going out like that.

RvP's asking for trouble there. Was rather hoping he'd do a Drogba and throw in a '****ing disgrace', though.
      This just cheered me up so much

IT'S A DISGRACE :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Barça)
      I think Arsenal can take heart from these two games. The referee undoubtedly made the wrong call to send RVP off but I felt Barcelona still would progress even with Arsenal's 11 men. Scoring 3 against Barca over two legs is not an easy thing to do and Arsenal are more sturdy than last season so despite the result big steps have been taken. I suppose its easy to be gracious in victory but I genuinely feel Arsenal deserve more credit than the barrages that are thrown at them, it's pathetic tbh. Good luck in the league, hope you win it :yes:
      You deserved to win, but at 1-1 you might not have got what you deserved. It happens in football and the game was shaping up really well. Who knows what would have happened :rolleyes:

You should have had 3 pens I think but the ref was abysmal.

Oh and some of your players are pathetic. Messi though is far too honest

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Billa Bong)
      i think we could have won it if VP was still on pitch...we def. would have got more chances and VP was more likely to finish one of em off...but oh well now back to premier league and a matter of FA cup against manure (which i think we are gonna be lethargic in cos of this game)
      :rofl:

More chances? More?

You had none even whilst Robin Van Glass Knees was on the pitch. The sending off had virtually no impact on the game. Thoroughly outclassed by a Barca team in 3rd gear missing their CB's.

ReputationRep:
      Alves needs shooting and then there was another Barca player who performed about 20 rolls. ****ing disgraceful. Top class players but they're a bunch of utter *******s when it comes to, sometimes diving, and grossly exaggerating fouls.

ReputationRep:
      ****.....we have man utd soon too

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by In2deep)
      We played very poorly. Fabregas was rubbish in all honesty and Diaby and Rosicky didn't help him. I can't remember Arsenal stringing more than 5 passes together and I can't remember a single shot at their goal (on or off target).

We deserved to concede a lot more but we didn't and if RVP had been on then he might have done better.

We have to remember though that if we wished for a better referee then Koscielny would have had a red card and they would have at least one other penalty.
      That's not really fair, I concede that the midfielders could have had better possession, but the defensive work was admirable today. Kos was awesome again as was Djororou. Clichy has never played so well, ever. Our midfield were so focussed on helping the defence that they weren't composed enough on the ball. What's more, barca are one of the best at pressing opponents. Not many people consistently keep Nasri at bay.

I think we should be proud of our team. And there is no doubt that the ref's decision had a massive impact on the game, it basically invited a whole lot more pressure on our team and robbed us of a good outlet ball.

I am hopeful that the time will come a few seasons from now when this team has matured when we can play Barca on their level and perhaps beat them as being the better side. Hopeful.
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Billa Bong)
      yeah but we had that chance in the end remember which could have won it for us (and mind you barca might not have scored 2 more if we had 11 players)
      Nicklas Bendtner had the chance to silence every single Arsenal fan who says he 'isn't good enough' but he just proved it; HE ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH :mad:
      No point saying "If RVP was still on..." etc", the pass fell to Bendtner, who came on for Fabregas, who is to say the same sub wouldn't have been made and thus the same pass would fall to the same player.

ReputationRep:
      The one thing that pissed me off the most was Fabregas!
      No passion tonight at all!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RNBen)
      No point saying "If RVP was still on..." etc", the pass fell to Bendtner, who came on for Fabregas, who is to say the same sub wouldn't have been made and thus the same pass would fall to the same player.
      i meant if a similar chance came his way (which might have done as barca usually tend to tire towards the end)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Troubled_Student)
      , the only thing that happened was when RvP got sent off was you lost your only outlet, and it just led to the ball going straight towards your defence more often.( If you think this you're very naive, it also means other players have to get up the pitch, makes them tired, then they have to get back in.

Arsene's choice to defend, defend and defend some more was silly in all fairness.
      What do you suppose we did? Go and attack, attack and attack and let in 4 in the first half? We were defending brilliantly, but obviously Barca will break through, it would've been even easier if we gave them more space to do so.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by antonfigo)
      ****.....we have man utd soon too
      Bring Utd on, i actually can't wait for that match, after tonight, the players should learn what happens when you don't fight for possession.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.