Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Discussion thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mma_gal96)
    So will the WJEC grade boundaries be online tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tonight at 12am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icesk8ing97)
    well i have looked on the course overview and they advise you to take more than 2 so i would take spanish and french and then maybe german and italian x
    Sounds great! If you're a fan of languages, check out the 'Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabee Thread' on the languages subforum, introduce yourself and get chatting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popburrow)
    Tonight at 12am
    No it isnt.

If you don't know don't say please

8:00am onwards. I think 8:30am is your best bet

ReputationRep:
    Do the schools have our results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justthought)
    Thank you! The site's a bit confusing to actually use but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually lol

What GCSEs have you taken and a levels/further ed have you chosen if you don't mind me asking? Sorry if you've said it before this thread is so long)
    Haha, I remember when I first joined TSR, it was so difficult to navigate around :daydreaming:

I've taken English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, History, Spanish and BTEC ICT and after a sort of "gap year" I hope to study History of Art, Maths, English Lit and Philosophy & Ethics at sixth form next September

What about you? :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Sounds great! If you're a fan of languages, check out the 'Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabee Thread' on the languages subforum, introduce yourself and get chatting!
    Thankyouu i will defo check it out xx

ReputationRep:
    Are the AQA English language results for January or June? Or have they been combined?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leahle)
    Has anybody come across the boundaries for CIE Igcse english literature?
    I'm looking for CIE IGCSE boundaries too. I've tried to look on their website but found nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donkhan)
    trust me man...
    wow you cant really afford to lose many marks even for an A
    I need an 72 for an A overall. Not going to happen

(Original post by MattFletcher)
    They're high every year, can't afford to lose much :crossedf:
    Not as high as this time around though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issy012)
    that's for January 2013, not English language taken in june!
    No, thats for June 2013. A quote from AQA: "In November 2012, Ofqual announced that the grade boundaries for the January series will only be set after the June series. This means that UMS marks and grades will only be available after June and released on results day on 22 August 2013".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alleykat606)
    I'm looking for CIE IGCSE boundaries too. I've tried to look on their website but found nothing
    I really want them its stressing me out!

ReputationRep:
    After seeing the Grade boundaries for AQA triple science I'm actually excited for tomorrow now!!
    Bring it :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just looked at the AQA boundaries... think I'm going to be an excruciating 2 UMS off an A* in Physics and 6 UMS off an A in Biology :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Some good grade boundaries from AQA today except the Science ISA,Further Maths and Maths Unit 3.I can't believe the ISAs have completed changed their grade boundaries and this means its unlikely I've got 100% and my teacher said they were marked down considerably last year which didn't matter because I'd got 48/50 but that could mean that 44/50 could easily come down to 42/50 meaning I pretty much need an A* for B2 but the grade boundaries were good for it with 45/60 for an A* and triple science people must be jumping up and down today 39/60 for 100% in B3!

I really loved the French Listening grade boundaries 25/40 for an A* and 22/40 for an A I'm confident I've got an A, which I reckon is all I really need because I think I've done really well in the Reading, especially with 36/45 for 100% and Writing.

The Geography grade boundaries are nice only 40/50 for 100% but I'm still extremely worried because its still 20/50 for a D and if I don't get 53 UMS and my coursework doesn't get any higher then I won't get an A and it felt like I really failed that exam.

The Maths grade boundaries aren't too nice but could have been worse and I only needed just over 75% UMS for an A* and the Further Maths grade boundaries are a bit high at 149/175 for an A^ but I aced them 2 exams so I should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEMathlete)
    After seeing the Grade boundaries for AQA triple science I'm actually excited for tomorrow now!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    are the grade boundaries for biology and physics low?????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEMathlete)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My isa will be the end of me now in chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laylarose)
    Just looked at the AQA boundaries... think I'm going to be an excruciating 2 UMS off an A* in Physics and 6 UMS off an A in Biology :emo:
    Unlucky, do you have a link to the boundaries?

Edit: Nvm, found it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its Andy)
    Unlucky, do you have a link to the boundaries?
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2013.PDF

EDIT: Haha, okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laylarose)

EDIT: Haha, okay
    Cheers anyway haha Tbh on most exams I took it looks like I can afford to drop a few marks, it's just Chemistry and German I'm worried about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its Andy)
    [CENTER]
    Cheers anyway haha Tbh on most exams I took it looks like I can afford to drop a few marks, it's just Chemistry and German I'm worried about.
    My coursework for science is actually bad (Cs) and my exams are (Bs)...Im scared for tomorrwo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.