Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-arsene-wenger

Why are we going to offer Diaby another contract it doesn't make sense. Guy has more injuries than an A&E department. Sell him off even if he is a talented player when not injury ****'d

What do you make of the Paulo Dybala rumours? He's a sick forward.
    Really like the look of him. I think we should be all over him, he was a deadly left foot and is a completely different striker to Giroud - so it would be good to have two clinical strikers (here's hoping Giroud keeps it up). :rolleyes:

A bit of a triple post from me now though, I've posted the same things about this chap like three times now :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jgco2chem)
    Wenger has said Arsenal are not at all interested in Dybala
    Inevitable I guess. Should have picked out a young wonderkid from Rubin Kazan who he'd probably have more interest in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Really like the look of him. I think we should be all over him, he was a deadly left foot and is a completely different striker to Giroud - so it would be good to have two clinical strikers (here's hoping Giroud keeps it up). :rolleyes:

A bit of a triple post from me now though, I've posted the same things about this chap like three times now :lol:
    I agree the young lad has indefatigably proved his worth at Palermo, given I've only seen two games of Palermo this season he looks very skillful and with a deadly left foot like you said. 12 Goals and 7 Assists isn't bad at Palermo, imagine at Arsenal guy would be on fire :devil3:.

ReputationRep:
    I agree the young lad has indefatigably proved his worth at Palermo, given I've only seen two games of Palermo this season he looks very skillful and with a deadly left foot like you said. 12 Goals and 7 Assists isn't bad at Palermo, imagine at Arsenal guy would be on fire :devil3:.
    Yeah because players who come from Serie A always do really well in the Premier League.

ReputationRep:

Why are we going to offer Diaby another contract it doesn't make sense. Guy has more injuries than an A&E department. Sell him off even if he is a talented player when not injury ****'d

What team would take him? It is the equivalent of taking on an 8 month pregnant woman for a 3 month temp job; you know that they're not going to do anything for you. He isn't even that quality, I don't know how anyone could perform at anywhere near the level they did 8 years ago when they've hardly played for than 5 games in a row in that spell. It's a horrid situation to be in.

I can't decide on Dybala, I haven't watched him play properly and you can't tell much from 5 minute scout videos on yt tbh. If it was between him and Pedro I'd probably choose Pedro even if he is a lot older, because we need to start buying finished articles rather than work in progress players. Pedro can also play on both wings and is pretty much the most ambidextrous two footed player around, whereas from what I've heard Dybala has no right foot at all

ReputationRep:
    Tbh since Zola, can't really think of a top striker who's done really well in the prem from an italian club?

The stats are that Balotelli is the only italian player to have a premier league title. Coutinho I think is the last guy who's really done well in the prem and tbh his development was mainly at Espanyol.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger has said Arsenal are not at all interested in Dybala
    Interesting that he refused to comment on Sterling, seems like we may be in for him after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Tbh since Zola, can't really think of a top striker who's done really well in the prem?

The stats are that Balotelli is the only italian player to have a premier league title. Coutinho I think is the last guy who's really done well in the prem and tbh his development was mainly at Espanyol.
    Torres before you ****ed him, Aguero has been decent, Suarez. RVP to an extent. The difference is that the pl has pretty even teams from top to bottom, compared to in Spain where any decent striker could spunk out 5 goals against the bottom 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Torres before you ****ed him, Aguero has been decent, Suarez. RVP to an extent. The difference is that the pl has pretty even teams from top to bottom, compared to in Spain where any decent striker could spunk out 5 goals against the bottom 3
    you completely misread my point i should have made it clearer

i'm talking about Serie A and Italian players in particular.

ReputationRep:
    you completely misread my point i should have made it clearer

i'm talking about Serie A and Italian players
    Ohhh, sorry, in that case yeah I agree completely, I can't actually think of any player really that's done well in the prem having been in Serie A.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh, sorry, in that case yeah I agree completely, I can't actually think of any player really that's done well in the prem having been in Serie A.
    Zola is the only guy and Coutinho(but he played his best football at Espanyol and was completely misused at Inter)

ReputationRep:
    Zola is the only guy and Coutinho(but he played his best football at Espanyol and was completely misused at Inter)
    Even Coutinho is tough to judge, I mean the guys a CAM by trade and has only had one good season.

ReputationRep:
    Metro's article that Arsenal players were testing out "footballs for left-footed players" was an April Fool's joke Seemed real tbh

ReputationRep:
    Jesus wept, idiots actually believed that?

ReputationRep:
    Even Coutinho is tough to judge, I mean the guys a CAM by trade and has only had one good season.
    That one good season was actually his first full season though. Plus he's not even at his peak yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    That one good season was actually his first full season though. Plus he's not even at his peak yet.
    Yes, which is why I'm saying it's too early to judge. Plus he isn't a striker really, he's a CAM (or 10 at best, he isn't exactly a 20 goal a season man is he?)

ReputationRep:

Diaby is my fave player I hope he can recover

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Metro's article that Arsenal players were testing out "footballs for left-footed players" was an April Fool's joke Seemed real tbh
    Haha, you believed it? I did for about 3 seconds then realised how stupid it was. Even if it were possible (which it isn't), why would you make players train with an "easier to use" ball when it won't be what's used in a match?

Tbf though they made it quite believable, talking about hitting the ball "against the grain", much scientific, many wow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Diaby is my fave player I hope he can recover
    Tbh there's more chance of someone winning the lottery twice than Diabby recovering.... oh wait #topical

ReputationRep:
    I agree he a cazorla with pace but his tackling is not as good as cazorla
    Looool cazorla with pace? hes no where near cazorla technically. Look at how gifted cazorla is and how he used both feet, you couldnt guess what foot he is naturally.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.