Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    if it happens, it'll be a worse panic buy than Welbeck. Or maybe a better one since Austin carried QPR as far as he could last season while Welbeck was anonymous in his last season at Utd
    Tbh right now I'd take him. He's not world class but beggars can't be choosers. He's better than what we have.

ReputationRep:
    look on the positive side though:

we don't have this clown supporting us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)

It's like Berbatov had a lobotomy.

ReputationRep:
    TFW when you have the best financial situation of any BPL team yet spend the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    It's like Berbatov had a lobotomy.
    it's extremely disturbing. He's clearly got issues, yet still posts.

ReputationRep:
    it's extremely disturbing. He's clearly got issues, yet still posts.
    He looks like the kind of guy who murders women and gets his mom to cover it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    I'm sure sevchenko does too
    I'm a realest. I'm been saying sign Schneiderlin for the last 3 years now, I would have taken Jackson Martinez too. It was obvious he was content with what we have. I can see the logic behind his strategy for this season and I think it's a reasonable enough plan. I've just come to accept what Wenger's doing and I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt until May 2017 tbh, We owe him that much at least imo. I don't really see the point in kicking up a fuss when we all know the board and Wenger don't give a **** about Arsenal fans opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I'm a realest. I'm been saying sign Schneiderlin for the last 3 years now, I would have taken Jackson Martinez too. It was obvious he was content with what we have. I can see the logic behind his strategy for this season and I think it's a reasonable enough plan. I've just come to accept what Wenger's doing and I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt until May 2017 tbh, We owe him that much at least imo. I don't really see the point in kicking up a fuss when we all know the board and Wenger don't give a **** about Arsenal fans opinions.
    dear god this is delusional. What plan is there?

Chelsea and City have strengthened. We've stood still.

ReputationRep:

1-0 to Arsenal, 1-0 to Arsenal...

ReputationRep:
    It's not Wengers fault. Arsenal will win the BPL:smug: Trust Me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reasonable plan?

How he bought Cech so early is still beyond me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    dear god this is delusional. What plan is there?

Chelsea and City have strengthened. We've stood still.
    It's not my fault you've failed to realise what Wenger been saying all summer. I said it before I can see the logic and plan here that doesn't mean I agree with it. We've not really stood still Wenger actively chosen not to buy. He's the football expert he'll live and die by his decisions. If there is no PL title by May 2017 the board have to let him go tbh

The logic is pretty simple tbh whether it will be effective is another matter.Wenger is basically banking on superior cohesion and familiarity within the squad to give us the edge on the pitch and in terms of mental strength. He thinks the existing squad is good enough to win the league on paper, which it is tbh. It may be the same squad but many players have improved.

He only has his eye on world class talent and blatant improvements to the squad. He won't take a punt on anything else.
    Doesn't look like he'll bring in anyone else unless it's an exceptional player. That's a fair enough plan form Wenger, his point about cohesion is makes sense but will only be validated if we get off to a flying start. If we get off to a poor start with only having brought in one first team player the fans will be annoyed. I'll reserve judgement in May

ReputationRep:
    Wenger has it damn good here. Anywhere else he would have been long gone and the fans would have vent their frustrations and anger ten times more than what he's faced

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyway out of interest guys, who would you like to see managing our club after Arsene? Diego Simeone for me :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's buffoonery the guy has managed so long, look at Ancelotti delivering Real the Champions League and getting sacked two seasons after starting it's a damn shame the board don't give a flying ****.

ReputationRep:
    imagine if we signed ibra...

ReputationRep:
    imagine if we signed ibra...
    He's 34 in October but still incredible. But let's no get carried away...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    He's 34 in October but still incredible. But let's no get carried away...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    odds are getting slashed on him joining (and not by sky bet either)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahmed2015)
    It's not Wengers fault. Arsenal will win the BPL:smug: Trust Me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Sevchenko the only real fan who talks sense.

Wenger doesn't deny he wants to strengthen. He's only going to bring in players that will actually improve the squad.

How many strikers are actually available out there that will be a vast improvement to our squad. Benzema? Suarez? Arguero? Lewandowski? None of them were available. This ain't ****ing Fifa or football manager where you put in a bid for any player you like and just keep putting in bids. This is reality.

Don't take the piss with ****ty mediocre players like lukaku or austin or whatever. Not an improvement on what we have. Not a 30 goal a season striker. Don't disrespect my boy Giroooo.

Getting a DM is just luxury and disrespectful to Coquelin and Arteta. Still wouldn't have mind getting krychowiak, schneiderlin, or bender.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.