Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d010534)
    Can someone please explain this answer, my test is in 3 hours :confused:
    Attachment 583368

Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    ah i see! im a grad applicant too...yeh should be enough for warwick esp with that VR score , are u applying to gamut/bmat unis?
    Yes, three GAMSAT universities. Overall I scored 58/59 (depending on science double weighting bias) last year so I am hoping that I might scrape into some interviews with that score now that I have a Masters degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    I am a GEM applicant so 703 is not as competitive when compared to undergrad, but should hopefully be enough to get me an interview at Warwick (the only UKCAT uni I am applying to).

I'd say Medify is a good resource. It's definitely not as hard as the ISC book but I'd still recommend doing the ISC stuff.

I felt the VR reading material was longer when compared to UKCAT practise exams and Medify, but found the questions were a bit more straight forward. QR felt pretty similar. AR is AR, some straight forward ones, some I would have never figured out if given all the time in the world!
    how long have you spent revising? I'm really worried about VR! I'm also a GEM student and need to get a high score but my mocks are proving otherwise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    how long have you spent revising? I'm really worried about VR! I'm also a GEM student and need to get a high score but my mocks are proving otherwise
    About an hour a day for 6 weeks. But I normally revise more than most due to previous poor performances in the GAMSAT. I spent the last week doing the mock tests and then spent a bit of extra time focusing on areas that were a bit of a struggle in the mock.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475153176.370074.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  119.6 KB
    (Original post by d010534)
    Anyone??
    Hope this helps. Sorry about my handwriting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCMXCVIII)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475153176.370074.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  119.6 KB

Hope this helps. Sorry about my handwriting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg thank you so so so much!! I realise where I went wrong! I forgot that the 120 had to be squared too, but thank you so much for your time, you're amazing :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniperdon227)
    Top Black Box moves 1 to the right
    Middle Black Box (there is 2 overlapping in the first image) 1 stays fixed and the other moves to the right by 1
    Bottom Box moves 2 to the right
    Thanks, I got it now!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what unis do not like to take re-applicants? I've heard Keele doesn't but I wasn't planning on applying there anyway

ReputationRep:
    Just got the results:
    VR- 510 (absolutely flopped this panicked in the exam and ran out of time : ( ).
    QR- 680 (probably could have done better indeed ran out of time, I was very close to an answer on one of the questions then ended spending about 3 mins on it...).
    AR- 750 (I enjoyed this tbh just spotting a difference can be difficult at points but flagging and moving on definitely helped).
    SJT- Band 1 (don't really know how but happy with the result of this, just think about what one should do not what you would do)
    Average about 647 not the finest probably could have done better tbh but 'ok' overall. One other thing, with DA I spent it basically on autopilot mode not really stressing about it, by the end of DA (with time to spare) I wrote myself some notes to use on QR and AR which really helped on the other sections. Anyway, time to crack on with the PS (internal deadline next Friday). All the best everyone with 5 days left for any test taker hope that may have been a little helpful.

ReputationRep:
    just got 607 average band 2. does anyone know how glasgow uni use the ukcat for dentistry and if i have a chance? im a reapplicant so i applied last year and didnt get in so this sucks. 3rd time lucky maybe? i got 565 last year appalling

ReputationRep:
    I got 737 band 3.
    VR - 630
    AR - 680
    QR - 900
    SJT - Band 3

ReputationRep:
    i got 636 on the ukcat not really happy with it but...
    i am also predicted AAA with a good personal statement, where is best for me to apply with the most chance of getting an interview at for Medicine?

ReputationRep:
    So I sat the UKCAT today, 620 average band 1 Sj. Not really happy, I think my ideas of going to Glasgow this year have went up in smoke! Still, good luck to all still to sit watch out for VR

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittylorelli)
    So I sat the UKCAT today, 620 average band 1 Sj. Not really happy, I think my ideas of going to Glasgow this year have went up in smoke! Still, good luck to all still to sit watch out for VR

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how did you do in the mocks for VR?

ReputationRep:
    Mocks on Medify: 650 VR 550QR 650AR, (can't recall sjt)

Actual test: 540VR 650QR and 670AR

Although I wasn't shocked at the VR in the exam, the time seemed to be a lot quicker so I realised I wasn't doing as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittylorelli)
    Mocks on Medify: 650 VR 550QR 650AR, (can't recall sjt)

Actual test: 540VR 650QR and 670AR

Although I wasn't shocked at the VR in the exam, the time seemed to be a lot quicker so I realised I wasn't doing as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah i see did you do any of the official mocks? I just did mock b and scored 722 in VR so i was quite surprised... let me hope it will be the same in the real exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SargentZenj2)
    I got 737 band 3.
    VR - 630
    AR - 680
    QR - 900
    SJT - Band 3
    woooooooow to your QR.
    very well done.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just did my UKCAT test... got 670 in VR, 830 in QR, 580 in AR, but band 3 in SJ...
    I'm not that familiar with ukcat scores, how do you guys think I did? Hoping to apply for medicine at Sheffield Manchester Nottingham and Leicester.
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    ah i see did you do any of the official mocks? I just did mock b and scored 722 in VR so i was quite surprised... let me hope it will be the same in the real exam.
    I cant recall my mock on the UKCAT official website; I only did one. but they were not very flush scores. What I will say is that the VR on UKCAT is a better represtation in terms of text size than Medify.

ReputationRep:
    Just did my UKCAT. I got 640 (VR), 710 (QR) and 630 (AR) so 660 average with Band 2. I felt like the QR was easier than the UKCAT official mocks. AR and VR were similar to UKCAT official mocks. Good luck to everyone else who is yet to do it!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.